Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I wonder if James Roberts has an origin in mind for the faction symbols as part of his world building, since his work acknowledges the faction symbols as both existing and as being faces more than any tf work before it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Green Megs doesn't have a sick MEGATRON RULES sticker though!!

But he does let you know about his BIG STICK.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

is vehicle mode Machine Wars Optimus Size?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

I wonder if James Roberts has an origin in mind for the faction symbols as part of his world building, since his work acknowledges the faction symbols as both existing and as being faces more than any tf work before it.

Roberts seems to have an idea:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I bet there are Transformer Gypsies that do rubsign readings.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Decepticon sigil is probably going to tie back to the Original Thirteen. Gonna be sorta interesting seeing where they build that, given they're supposed to be 13 colonies of those devoted to their respective primes. That means there's a combiner planet, a beastformer planet and a Megatronus planet.

Not sure they're going to go that route with the Autobrand, though. Barber didn't seem to write Prima with high esteem.

Keldroc posted:

Should be the four Protectobots.
Just to go back to this, I meant the leaders, but to bring this up I'm a bit surprised at how little we've seen about the legends case to go with the Protectobots. Lots of in hand Protectobot stuff floating around, but not a single good image of Groove.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

The cool new thing on Cybertron is Foot-Fist Fighting. The cool new thing on Earth is getting Captain Floppy-joints Skydive to balance like that.
Now I want someone to pose all the available limb-bots like this.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I finally got my hands on CW Motormaster! Messing around with him, and looking at him, I think I like him more than Optimus. Yeah, they're the same mold and junk, but I think I like the Motormaster version better. I guess it mostly just boils down to the sculpt looking really cool on Motormaster, Motormaster coming with a sword and gun that combine into a big old sword instead of some really silly long rifle, and that I find Motormaster's robot mode head to be extremely funny, with a big dumb case on top of his helmeted head.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

Not sure they're going to go that route with the Autobrand, though. Barber didn't seem to write Prima with high esteem.
Just to go back to this, I meant the leaders, but to bring this up I'm a bit surprised at how little we've seen about the legends case to go with the Protectobots. Lots of in hand Protectobot stuff floating around, but not a single good image of Groove.

I would guess Groove would ship in a case with Bombshell and maybe Windcharger? It is weird that Groove has been basically absent since that initial showing.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

I just got my Megatron, but drat, now I really want that Ultra Magnus. I think I need to post my pile of (mostly broken/roughly played with/etc) G1 poo poo that I have in storage and start funding my newer toy purchases.

Also, quick question ... I have 20th Anniversary Prime (which was a version of MP-01 I think?) and I see everyone refer to MP-10 Prime. Is there a compelling reason to get an MP-10?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ MP-10 is a better figure, a head shorter than MP-01, and comes with a trailer and Roller. (And Ol' Yellow Boots Spike. But who cares about that?)

You should Google the differences. Or Bing it. Whatever. You need to see some pictures or videos.

Keldroc posted:

I would guess Groove would ship in a case with Bombshell and maybe Windcharger? It is weird that Groove has been basically absent since that initial showing.

BBTS has Groove, Warpath and Viper shipping in a case together. 3 Grooves, 3 Warpaths, 2 Vipers. Sometime in April, but it's also BBTS, so the date may be a little off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 11, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

shymog posted:

I just got my Megatron, but drat, now I really want that Ultra Magnus. I think I need to post my pile of (mostly broken/roughly played with/etc) G1 poo poo that I have in storage and start funding my newer toy purchases.

Also, quick question ... I have 20th Anniversary Prime (which was a version of MP-01 I think?) and I see everyone refer to MP-10 Prime. Is there a compelling reason to get an MP-10?

MP-10 is practically perfect in every way... except for the pricetag, which if you weren't lucky enough to snag one at release from TRU.com, is kinda-sorta loving insanely high.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

MP-10 is practically perfect in every way... except for the pricetag, which if you weren't lucky enough to snag one at release from TRU.com, is kinda-sorta loving insanely high.

TFW news section says:

quote:

According to Planet Iacon, Masterpieces MP-10 (Optimus Prime), MP-11 (Starscream), MP-12 (Sideswipe) and MP-14 (Red Alert) are getting reissued next year

so there'll be chances to pick up anyone you missed!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
You mean I'll be able to purchase MP starscream for less than 200 dollars? count me in.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blackheart posted:

TFW news section says:

I hope that's true, and I also hope I'll have money.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think TRU UK is clearing out old stock, I hit up Brent Cross and got Generations Springer and WfC Air Raid. Basically if you missed a voyager in the last couple of years try to get the for less than £10. They had Roadbusters and Sky Byte too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think TRU UK is clearing out old stock, I hit up Brent Cross and got Generations Springer and WfC Air Raid. Basically if you missed a voyager in the last couple of years try to get the for less than £10. They had Roadbusters and Sky Byte too.

Snazzy, I'm going tomorrow. No sign of Brainstorm, I assume?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think they even made very many Brainstorms. People have been theorizing he would show up at the discount close out places but there has been no word.

Keldroc posted:

He's in a case with Viper and that horrible Warpath, but yeah, there's been very little discussion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I remember when I was in Louisiana a few weeks back that someone had picked up a Brainstorm from a TJMaxx in New Orleans a couple of days before, according to the TFW sightings board.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

I remember when I was in Louisiana a few weeks back that someone had picked up a Brainstorm from a TJMaxx in New Orleans a couple of days before, according to the TFW sightings board.

If you come to Botcon I'll sell you a Brainstorm :rodimus:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

Snazzy, I'm going tomorrow. No sign of Brainstorm, I assume?

Nah, don't think I've heard of him at UK retail

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

But you're not going to botcon...

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

But you're not going to botcon...

I might sell toys and stay in Mundelien.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

TFW news section says:

I thought that "next year" was 2015 and all of those reissues have already happened, hence why you can find Sideswipe and Red Alert at sub-$100 prices now.

MP-11 Starscream has always been $200. That's just how much he is. So's MP-11S Sunstorm. I'm hoping the supposed US release of MP-11 Starscream runs the usual $80 price point, even if it doesn't come with the crown and cape.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

It's not in Chicago again :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

You can't drive to St. Charles?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Why would you want to go to a convention that's in a warzone?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

I thought that "next year" was 2015 and all of those reissues have already happened, hence why you can find Sideswipe and Red Alert at sub-$100 prices now.

MP-11 Starscream has always been $200. That's just how much he is. So's MP-11S Sunstorm. I'm hoping the supposed US release of MP-11 Starscream runs the usual $80 price point, even if it doesn't come with the crown and cape.

Um...

Yes, I checked again and it was some old-rear end news that got bumped to the first page. I'm sorry :negative: "next year" did indeed mean 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why would you want to go to a convention that's in a warzone?

Hush, you. This isn't the GIBBUS.

Anyhoo, about plastic toys...

Menasor can hold his sword in his hand the regular way, he doesn't need the hole that Powerglide/his long blaster fits in nicely. Just close the fist over the sword. I saw somebody post about the hole not really working for them.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
Painted Blackjack and his buddy Blackjack into Runabout and Runamuck (or Runamuck and Runabout... like Topspin/Twintwist and Rewind/Eject, I still need to stop and think for a second before I can remember which one's which) based on Cheetimus' decoes. Considering they're my first complete repaints (even my Jhiaxus overhaul from last year left most of the grey unpainted) I think they turned out pretty okay. Runabout moreso than Runamuck, whose white is still splotchy despite laying down like six layers of paint. I may go back and redo Runabout's hubs in white to match the TFCC figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

You can't drive to St. Charles?

Wait what? I thought the next TFCon was in Charlotte or something? I'll be in St Charles in about a week's time.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Reminders for North Americans and also for The_Doctor,

Botcon is in St Charles, Il (Chicago) from June 18th - 21st

TFCon CA is in Mississauga, On (Toronto) from July 16 - 19

TFCon USA is in Charlotte, NC from October 16th – 18th

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 12, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Growing up, I always thought the eyes were the vents on the forehead of the autobot symbol.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CyRaptor posted:

Painted Blackjack and his buddy Blackjack into Runabout and Runamuck (or Runamuck and Runabout... like Topspin/Twintwist and Rewind/Eject, I still need to stop and think for a second before I can remember which one's which) based on Cheetimus' decoes. Considering they're my first complete repaints (even my Jhiaxus overhaul from last year left most of the grey unpainted) I think they turned out pretty okay. Runabout moreso than Runamuck, whose white is still splotchy despite laying down like six layers of paint. I may go back and redo Runabout's hubs in white to match the TFCC figure.

That looks really good. What a great mold that is.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

White and yellow are basically the worst paints for coverage, the under colors almost always show through. Did you prime them, or just paint the plastic?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Reminders for North Americans and also for The_Doctor,

Botcon is in St Charles, Il (Chicago) from June 18th - 21st

Hmmmm. The Pheasant Run is literally opposite the hotel we stay in for the Chicago toy show on the 23-26th of this month. It's a nice place, very 60s country club/Mad Men. Tempting, definitely something to think about.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

Anora posted:

White and yellow are basically the worst paints for coverage, the under colors almost always show through. Did you prime them, or just paint the plastic?

I just straight up painted the plastic, I'm a complete amateur. I also use acrylics rather than enamels, which are probably superior for this type of thing. The water solubility makes them more manageable but they also go on thicker and are less resistant to wear, which is kind of a problem when you're painting something with a lot of friction-based tabs and moving parts. You can already see a lot of wear around Runamuck's shoulders and collar, but at least the base plastic is black instead of something more conspicuous.

I'm still new at this so they're a little bit sloppy, but I'm still really proud of how they came out. I even got a retweet from Cheetimus himself, so that was a pretty big ego boost.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The wear issue keeps me from trying my hand at repainting figures.

If you need help with painting white and yellow, you should go to the Traditional Games forum and ask the painting thread there. I haven't painted a mini in a few years but white is absolutely the hardest to do well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

XavierGenisi posted:

I finally got my hands on CW Motormaster! Messing around with him, and looking at him, I think I like him more than Optimus. Yeah, they're the same mold and junk, but I think I like the Motormaster version better. I guess it mostly just boils down to the sculpt looking really cool on Motormaster, Motormaster coming with a sword and gun that combine into a big old sword instead of some really silly long rifle, and that I find Motormaster's robot mode head to be extremely funny, with a big dumb case on top of his helmeted head.

It's a robot hoodie. He's wearing a giant robot hoodie and a backpack and he's got this querulous little snarl like are you avin a fockin giggle mate I'll bash yur ead in sware on me mum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

It's a robot hoodie. He's wearing a giant robot hoodie and a backpack and he's got this querulous little snarl like are you avin a fockin giggle mate I'll bash yur ead in sware on me mum

This is absurd.

Love it.