Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
I thought the guys ducking under and getting hit by the barrier were pushing it, but then they just kept coming. I wonder how many will be thrown under the bus (train) over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

For posterity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-84SIFnSo

You could even disqualify the guys who start going again before the beams come back up, just to really drive the point home. It's insane, the way they keep coming you just know that it was pure herd mentality at that point and there was no rational decision making involved at all. That could have ended so, so badly.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

For posterity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA-84SIFnSo

You could even disqualify the guys who start going again before the beams come back up, just to really drive the point home. It's insane, the way they keep coming you just know that it was pure herd mentality at that point and there was no rational decision making involved at all. That could have ended so, so badly.

8 seconds from when they finally stop to the train going through.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Buglord
A touch of wheels could have turned into the worst crash in cycling history.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
QS splitting this race with the echelons. I wonder how they'll gently caress up winning today?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Seems the others are back on now.

e; apparently not

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Anyone got a stream that works with iPad and isn't mute?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wiggins no-where to be seen.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Giant is in really good shape, 4 in the group with Degs. Greipel as usual this time of year is playing the hero, got to love that guy out on the front.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
If Kristoff manages to win this one, that has to be one of the most impressing spring seasons of all time

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Brads gone on the attack with no-one following him at the moment.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Wiggins spotted.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Thank god, this has been a bit boring apart from Sagan stopping for a poo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Thank god this has been a bit boring apart from Sagan stopping for a poo

Haha what?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

This could be dangerous, especially if Stybar gets on.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He had a mechanical and used the break to fertilize the fields of Flanders

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

He had a mechanical and used the break to fertilize the fields of Flanders

I pity who has to wash his bibs.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Sasquatch or pro bike racer

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Sorry for buying into the Wiggins hype.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wiggins too stupid and always hanging out at the back so constantly having to close gaps. Hes missed the big move now. Nvm they've backed off and let them get back on.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Xabi posted:

I've put a cheeky tenner on Roelandts.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Alas, 'tis over.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was his chance. At least he took it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I never fail to be surprised at the idiocy of cyclists. Nah lets just watch one of the most dangerous guys pedal away.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Come onnnn Stybar!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Quickstep not being idiots?? What's going on

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I was hoping Van Avermaet would finally get his big win but it's never gonna happen is it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Quickstep not being idiots?? What's going on

Still a bit silly.

Masterful ride by Degenkolb.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Buglord
EQS actually played it well but taking Degenkolb onto the velodrome is suicide.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Enjoyed watching that via my iPad perched on top my anaesthetic machine. Thought wiggins was going to throw his hands into the air thinking he'd won with how he sprinted for the line.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I never fail to be surprised at the idiocy of cyclists. Nah lets just watch one of the most dangerous guys pedal away.

They caught up in the end. At the end of Roubaix, most don't have matches to burn.

Kudos to Degenkolb, he worked his rear end off at the end.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm so happy for Degenkolb :) great race. Hope he wasn't one of the train idiots

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Enjoyed watching that via my iPad perched on top my anaesthetic machine. Thought wiggins was going to throw his hands into the air thinking he'd won with how he sprinted for the line.

That was Luke Rowe, Wiggins was like 15th or something.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Degenkolb was wonderful, once he joined Van Avermaet you knew he had it in the bag. Really enjoyed the last 30km, was an entertaining PR.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It wasn't a classic race, but Degenkolb was brilliant and I'm real glad he won and left Van Avermaet in tears in the middle of the velodrome.

shark week
Dec 22, 2007

Whoever the Giant teammate was who got Degenkolb over to the leaders needs some love.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

shark week posted:

Whoever the Giant teammate was who got Degenkolb over to the leaders needs some love.

I don't think he did really did he? It seemed like he jumped clear, then Degenkolb went and just blew straight past him and did it on his own.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
De Backer?

I thought QS had more time to work on Degenkolb. Then, bam they were going into the velodrome.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Paddyb posted:

De Backer?

I thought QS had more time to work on Degenkolb. Then, bam they were going into the velodrome.

I thought the same thing, I think because there weren't any fireworks in the Carrefour. I was sure someone would try to use it as a launching pad to take it to the line, then before you know it we were back in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Impressed by Degenkolb today. I knew he was tough but didn't think he'd bridge the gap to the front that easily. And when he did, we all knew he had it in the bag. I'm just mad that Roelandts didn't make me a millionaire today.