Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sun's coming up. The perfect time to go for a Sunday drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
With all this talk of women and now fire, I suddenly got the urge to listen to ministry.
I might get a SIM card for a phone soon and get back to the real world. None of this modern poo poo. Might fire up the old nokia 8250* so I can get bailed out when I break down (broke down twice last year - flat battery, out of fuel), loving hard to find a public phone these days....

* pretty sweet, nearly instantly on when you turn it on, makes phone calls.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just replaced the battery in my iPhone 5 myself, with a kit from iFixit.

Then learned that this particular phone is eligible for an Apple battery replacement free of charge due to some sort of defect.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fo3 posted:

With all this talk of women and now fire, I suddenly got the urge to listen to ministry.
I might get a SIM card for a phone soon and get back to the real world. None of this modern poo poo. Might fire up the old nokia 8250* so I can get bailed out when I break down (broke down twice last year - flat battery, out of fuel), loving hard to find a public phone these days....

* pretty sweet, nearly instantly on when you turn it on, makes phone calls.

The only reason I have a smartphone is because work handed me one. My personal phone is an old Nokia C2 because I don't need anything more...

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Even more Gramps is out and it poses the old philosophical question of the ship drag car of Theseus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8uMdLG5lc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Literally anything is better than whenever strollerchat rears its ugly overpriced head though

Cat Terrist posted:

At least guys in AI have seen a bra on a women wohse name doesnt end in .jpg.

KozmoNaut posted:

So you basically married Buck Angel, or? :v:

Holy poo poo I haven't laughed this hard at an AI thread in awhile.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Not a good day for tyres and airlines in my house today. Wanted to move one of my project cars back into the garage. Came to blow the tyres up before I did it as one was a bit low and found my airline had perished and it popped at the end the first time I used it making it tricky to use.

Moved the car about half a metre and the sidewall on the tyre I had just pumped up blew out. First time I have ever had a full blow out since 1997 when I ran over a brick in the road in my first week of driving.

Grabbed a spare wheel (which I took off that corner when I moved the car out of the garage a couple of weeks ago as it had a slow flat) and started to pump it up on the compressor and the sidewall blew out at about 25PSI. Nearly shat myself. I've always stood to one side of wheels as I have pumped them up and never in front of them - I shall now continue this habit forever!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Weren't we due an episode of project binky?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Word is Richard has newborn twins, some stuff went a little sideways on Nik's end, they'll have the new episode up on the 17th.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Das Volk posted:

You know, Sir Mix-A-Lot has a huge collection of cars, I wonder if there's a correlation :v:

Hahah I didn't even think of it. My future wife is not perfect by far but she has been working out and changing diet. She's semi soft but lately... (With out sounding like a bro) Dang! She's shredded around 15lbs and has a goal of 45 or so more to go she says.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Want to get the right parts? Know what loving vehicle you drive.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Sorry to double post. Just had an old man start yelling and threatening my coworker because my coworker informed him that to test his alternator we have to cut his truck off. Nearly called the cops on him.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fuuuck. You guys! GTA V officially releases on Steam tomorrow evening, 6pm Central.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Cat Terrist posted:

At least guys in AI have seen a bra on a women wohse name doesnt end in .jpg. Most of us even know how to take one off from said woman.

Some can even do it one handed in the dark! Taking the bra off, I mean...

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
I am a complete and utter retard. I felt pretty good today, and after watching Paris-Roubaix i got the itch. I told myself that the doctors told me that light excercise was a good way to regain some energy. So... this is the result https://www.strava.com/activities/284110311 not to impressive compared to what i did before, or compared to cat terrist and the other bike riders in this forum. But i had to lay down in the shower and i feel like a truck is parked on my tigh. felt good when i was out there tho.

if i am not completly destroyed tomorrow i might be able to get a few rides a week in. that would help my mental state like nothing else. I want to fight this poo poo being active and putting the hurt on, not loving lying in bed and complaining like i have been doing lately.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Fuuuck. You guys! GTA V officially releases on Steam tomorrow evening, 6pm Central.

Ugh. I know it's nearly twice the game the 360 version was, and it'll run better and GoonGTA is a loving incredible experience, but I can't for the life of me justify double-dipping for another $70- especially considering how lovely R* has been about everything regarding this game since release.
I'm in when it gets steamsale'd down to like $30 or so though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Tommychu posted:

Ugh. I know it's nearly twice the game the 360 version was, and it'll run better and GoonGTA is a loving incredible experience, but I can't for the life of me justify double-dipping for another $70- especially considering how lovely R* has been about everything regarding this game since release.
I'm in when it gets steamsale'd down to like $30 or so though.

But it looks so good compared to the 360 / PS3 versions. And 1080p / 60fps! Or 4k / 60fps if you have the right setup :allears:

Also, Heists are finally in Online and they're rad as hell. They've been adding some cool content lately. One of the DLCs added an AMC Pacer :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

SouthsideSaint posted:

Women chat: I have never told a women no. Crazy or not skinny or big, its like eating a bag of jellybeans with your eyes closed. Everything is good and different, then you get a black licorice and it reminds you of why the others are so great.( Black licorice can be substituted for other flavors)

Racist

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

QuarkMartial posted:

Sorry to double post. Just had an old man start yelling and threatening my coworker because my coworker informed him that to test his alternator we have to cut his truck off. Nearly called the cops on him.

Cut his truck off?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My wife is teeny tiny and I accidentally hurt her all the time because of it :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cakefool posted:

Cut his truck off?
Dont know.
I'd probably start yelling too.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Cut his truck off?

He ain't gonna be no drat eunuch! Ain't nobody gonna cut off his wang truck! :clint:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

I am a complete and utter retard. I felt pretty good today, and after watching Paris-Roubaix i got the itch. I told myself that the doctors told me that light excercise was a good way to regain some energy. So... this is the result https://www.strava.com/activities/284110311 not to impressive compared to what i did before, or compared to cat terrist and the other bike riders in this forum. But i had to lay down in the shower and i feel like a truck is parked on my tigh. felt good when i was out there tho.

if i am not completly destroyed tomorrow i might be able to get a few rides a week in. that would help my mental state like nothing else. I want to fight this poo poo being active and putting the hurt on, not loving lying in bed and complaining like i have been doing lately.

Yeah LIGHT exercise so 18 miles on the bike with 600m of climbing.......? Nah bruv, take it easy your body is already being beaten to poo poo without you adding more hurt!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It wouldn't have been a big loss.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I'm looking forward to picking it up in another year or whatever when it's on sale for :10bux: and has a million mods.

Anyone know if the controls/character movement has been fixed in this one? I tried to replay 4 a while back and just couldn't even get started because of how awful it was to move around.

Galler fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 12, 2015

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

T1g4h posted:

But it looks so good compared to the 360 / PS3 versions. And 1080p / 60fps! Or 4k / 60fps if you have the right setup :allears:

Also, Heists are finally in Online and they're rad as hell. They've been adding some cool content lately. One of the DLCs added an AMC Pacer :v:

Yeah I've got one actually. Don't like the way it handles though. I can usually post faster times in my utility race Sadler.
Meh, I'll think about it once I get my Lexus up to snuff/de-riced and get the Vibe sold. I do want to get in on the action before everyone gets bored with it and I'm back to playing with pubbies again.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
In the last month my commute has gone from 4 miles through stop start traffic to ~30 miles on a mix of motorway, fast A-road and country lanes. I thought my big diesel car would do well on longer runs but according to Fuelio I've gone from 53 to 39.5mpg in that time. :stare:

I think the problem is my shitbox is so goddamn slow I have to wail on it to make any reasonable progress on open roads. In traffic it didn't matter, but if thats the best it's gonna give me then I might as well ditch it and get something that's at least fun to throw down those same roads.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I almost got killed today.

A mate and I were walking back to a hotel after going out for lunch, and just as we rounded the corner of the building, there was a massive smashing sound, and we turned to see a pile of broken glass and bent metal about 5 yards behind us. It was a full-size 4'x3' double-glazed window unit from the hotel. It had fallen out directly above us, and if the wind hadn't given it a bit of horizontal impetus, it would have landed right on top of us. From the 13th floor (Room 13 on the 13th floor, no less :staredog:).

Needless to say, we decided we needed a stiff drink.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just a heads up to anybody into game of thromes, the first 4 episodes of the new season leaked, so there will probably be a ton of spoilers everywhere, the biggest being Luke and Leia are brother and sister

InitialDave posted:

A mate and I were walking back to a hotel after going out for lunch, and just as we rounded the corner of the building, there was a massive smashing sound, and we turned to see a pile of broken glass and bent metal about 5 yards behind us. It was a full-size 4'x3' double-glazed window unit from the hotel. It had fallen out directly above us, and if the wind hadn't given it a bit of horizontal impetus, it would have landed right on top of us. From the 13th floor (Room 13 on the 13th floor, no less :staredog:).

I'll get you next time :argh:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

Just a heads up to anybody into game of thromes, the first 4 episodes of the new season leaked, so there will probably be a ton of spoilers everywhere, the biggest being Luke and Leia are brother and sister

lol.

For those seriously worried about spoilers, y'all know that the books exist, right?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fjelltorsk posted:

Followed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

lol.

For those seriously worried about spoilers, y'all know that the books exist, right?

Low effort trolls aren't usually willing to go through the effort of reading books just to piss people off.

Here's a huge spoiler image: http://i.imgur.com/KYXZwSX.jpg

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Haha, I was first to give him kudos on the run. :D

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Raluek posted:

lol.

Isn't this the season that strays way apart from how poo poo happens in the books, because GRRM is a lazy fucktard?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Lottery ticket bought, yeah? gently caress.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

Isn't this the season that strays way apart from how poo poo happens in the books, because GRRM is a lazy fucktard?

Pretty sure that lazy gently caress is never going to finish the series now, as he's gotten all the money from HBO so he's not hungry enough to bother with working.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

meatpimp posted:

Haha, I was first to give him kudos on the run. :D

You guys are such enablers, now i know how dr 14 feels when he tries to avoid buying a biturbo (BUY A BITURBO)
During the ride i learned some things...
I look like a fred being bloated from chemo/radiation in addition to the old chubby me.
I might start in the local 85k sportive in the end of may
and i think my ten year old bontrager wheels are done, time to trow on one of the pair of ultegras i was given by a local team

in car news... wifey reports that the volvo rattles at a certain rpm. Guess i am driving the swedish tank to work tomorrow and find a tech who needs a favour.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

Pretty sure that lazy gently caress is never going to finish the series now, as he's gotten all the money from HBO so he's not hungry enough to bother with working.

I refuse to believe grrm isn't hungry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DAD'S GIVING ME HIS CAR I AM SO EXCITED

2000 Golf TDI, 314K. ALLLL MINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

DAD'S GIVING ME HIS CAR I AM SO EXCITED

2000 Golf TDI, 314K. ALLLL MINE
2000 Golf TDI buds :hfive: Great cars, mines given me no trouble despite me treating it like a little pickup truck. Mine was a hand-me-down as well.

Cars and coffee was nuts this morning. It officially starts at 8am, we arrived at 7:30 and were in the overflow parking. Estimates are 3200 cars showed up. I got half way there before realizing I left my camera sitting on the kitchen counter so no pictures other than the couple I snapchatted. Great variety of cars, decent donuts and perfect weather.

Decided to start watching Firefly.

• Locked thread