Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rivensteel posted:

Maybe I'm being naive, but how can a PAC for a candidate possibly have a live interview/statement from that candidate without there being any coordination?

Even if this was a Super PAC that can't coordinate publicly, they'd be able to do cute things like have the campaign upload a video of Jeb to a "public" Youtube account with a username like qwertyuiop123456 and the PAC could just happen to "find" that video and decide to use it in its ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tsa posted:

I've seen some things that suggest it but the studies always make a lot of dubious assumptions. I'm not even sure what "naturally higher" can even be shown convincingly, there's way too many variables going on. Ignoring that, the point is republican turnout isn't a guarantee like some are suggesting,

It's more than that. Voter turnout is one of the easiest things to model, because the information on who votes and who doesn't is public record. It can be shown convincingly, because I have seen and worked with the models that the data vendors on the Dem side put out. Given the voter file, I can assign a probability score (0-100) that rates your % chance of voting in any given election with a very high level of accuracy. The probability of a GOP-leaner going to the polls is substantially higher because their demographic is the one that votes at much higher levels than everyone else.

2006 is probably the sole example of low GOP turnout. 2008 had phenomenally high turnout for everyone. There were just a lot of crossover GOP votes for Obama, as well as very high turnout among first time and marginal voters. In a Presidential year, it's extremely unlikely that GOP voters will stay home regardless of who is the nominee. Especially after 8 years of Obama. High GOP turn out is basically as much of a given as anything is in politics.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 12, 2015

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Young Hegelian posted:

So defend Hillary as the person who controls the balance of a divided Senate, all administrative agencies, and any Supreme Court replacements. She starts to look a lot less like a "lesser evil" in that light.

The Supreme Court is important especially since there will be judges retiring in the next 8 (and probably 4) years. Ginsberg is 82, and a few others are also pushing 80. SCOTUS is already 5-4 in favour of conservative policy in many respects.

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

John Dough posted:

The Supreme Court is important especially since there will be judges retiring in the next 8 (and probably 4) years. Ginsberg is 82, and a few others are also pushing 80. SCOTUS is already 5-4 in favour of conservative policy in many respects.

Absolutely. Kennedy is the only reason that abortion is still legal at all, another Alito would end it. I like to emphasize the administrative agencies as well. Obama's NLRB is the most worker-friendly since the 1960s, and I think Clinton would be likely to continue that.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It would really suck to make it into your forties without anybody telling you that you lick your lips all the time.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is Hillary's announcement as epic a gently caress-up as it looks like from a non-American, or is it standard fare?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SedanChair posted:

It would really suck to make it into your forties without anybody telling you that you lick your lips all the time.

It's because they're chapped from all that big money fundraising.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

It's because they're chapped from all that big money fundraising.

Stop licking them Marco you're just going to make them more chapped!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ufarn posted:

Is Hillary's announcement as epic a gently caress-up as it looks like from a non-American, or is it standard fare?

In what sense is it an "epic gently caress up"?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Well her site is up and running

http://hillaryclinton.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uY7gLZDmn4

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

:barf:

I mean...er...go Clinton!

Am I doing this right?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

H>

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
So Hillary v5.0 still has that feature for trolling the media?

E: its cute how all the campaigns think they need a logo these days and most of them are garbage.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Hillary, let's move to the right!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

In what sense is it an "epic gently caress up"?
Maybe journos are just relaying it in their own confused way, but it just sounds like it's been a series of announcements of announcements with a lot of delays and confusions. Then again, DC reporters are notoriously impatient.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Also in ASCII

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Was that made in MSPaint or something because it's all hosed up from compression.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The timeline on the Hillary facebook page is interesting in terms of what's included. https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton?_rdr

Nothing from 1998-2000, a lot from her time as Secretary of State. She includes her endorsement of Obama, and her appointment to the task force on healthcare in the Clinton administration. Doesn't include her stint as a Goldwater Girl or her work on the Nixon impeachment, sadly.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Why do I think it's a Fedex logo without the hidden stuff

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Alright, that's cute.

FAUXTON posted:

Was that made in MSPaint or something because it's all hosed up from compression.

This is a screenshot of a screen grab from Twitter I saved to my phone and re uploaded to imgur, so yeah, it's probably not the greatest quality. Print it out and take a Polaroid and you've got peak nineties Clinton going on.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ufarn posted:

Maybe journos are just relaying it in their own confused way, but it just sounds like it's been a series of announcements of announcements with a lot of delays and confusions. Then again, DC reporters are notoriously impatient.

It's mostly that some of their sources aren't as high up in the Clinton organization as they claimed and the reporters got mad that they sat hitting f5 on twitter on a nice afternoon because they were gullible and trusted what the campaign mail clerk was feeding them.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 12, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This video is already better than anything her 2008 campaign put out :unsmith:

(This is obviously mostly a tribal affiliation thing - this video completely embraces the Obama coalition, whereas Hillary 2008 was all about keeping the Obama coalition at bay.)

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I think the press is just pissed because she skipped them and went with a video.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Vertical Lime posted:

Well her site is up and running

hmmmmmmm

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
The website does not work well with my High resolution Ultra widescreen monitor

Let's make this a windowed image...

Ehhhh, the first one's better.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

I'm waiting for Beck to scream "She dyes her hair, what else is she lying about?"

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So many takes. And "jokes". And hashtags. Already. :negative:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And to think, we're less than 24 hours out from the Marco Rubio announcement. We truly live in exciting times.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Looking forward to the conservative spluttering about the gay couple talking about getting married and the lesbian couple snuggling in Hill's annoucement video :allears:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Looking forward to the conservative spluttering about the gay couple talking about getting married and the lesbian couple snuggling in Hill's annoucement video :allears:

I really like that she just took the ball and shoved it in their faces. She didn't even run with it, she just made them eat it.
This is going to be great.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I think I prefer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfU3hI8ML30

That's not high praise for your announcement video Hillary. :colbert:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jeb's response is what you'd expect

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: THE TWEET :siren:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/587336319321407488

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Is everyone ready for Hillary? I am.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

And to think, we're less than 24 hours out from the Marco Rubio announcement. We truly live in exciting times.

Our times will never be as exciting as they should be until Trump and Palin make a joint announcement.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
One of the best thing about Hillary is how much the GOP hates her, good enough reason for me to vote for her well that and SCOTUS.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ted Cruz, in what appears to be his bunker, announces that he's ready for Hillary.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't parts of Hillary's diary from college get released at one point? I've been googling but I can't find anything about it.

Her twitter description is well crafted:

quote:

Wife, mom, grandma, women+kids advocate, FLOTUS, Senator, SecState, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, 2016 presidential candidate.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
As always, The Onion is right on top of the Hillary news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz, in what appears to be his bunker, announces that he's ready for Hillary.

the Furorbunker

• Locked thread