Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
At this point I'll put my money on Republican for the next 8 years purely because I think the every eight years white house flip hypothesis has some merit; but I reserve the right to change my guess when the Republican Primary is concluded.

I haven't been looking but I don't see a dark horse break out republican and for the last ... eh 24 years there has been no strong republican candidate (for some value of "strong").

Yes this means I think George W Bush's election success was primarily name recognition and due to the American voters flipping the white house every 8 years rather than any intrinsic quality George W Bush had.

Place your bets everyone, lets see where the ball lands this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I'm going to register republican and vote Rand Paul.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I put £20 on Obama when he was 20-1 before even the Dem primaries and won 400 in 2006/7, and did a similar thing betting on Ed Miliband over his brother

Basically I understand White People Politics and I'll tell u who will win for a fee, line up

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I don't have or want the cable news channels, but how is everyone reacting to the Cuba stuff? I know the right loves to pretend it's 1959 so I bet it's pretty funny

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Hillary has a poo poo load of donors, and whoever spends the most money wins the election. That's why she's gonna win the Democratic primary and why the Republicans are making GBS threads themselves.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

a republican candidate has to spend all his time pre-primary talking about how much he loves jesus and hates gays, and all his time post-primary trying not to sound like a crazy fundie

it's tough out there for 'em

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Idiot Kicker posted:

I don't have or want the cable news channels, but how is everyone reacting to the Cuba stuff? I know the right loves to pretend it's 1959 so I bet it's pretty funny

Conan O'brien already did a show from Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfogiltO80

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lol some chucklefucks in this thread are seriousposting they're gonna vote republican if hillary runs

just lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

Conan O'brien already did a show from Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfogiltO80

It was funny, I also lolled how all the Miami newspapers had whining about evil Conan creating propaganda for Castro.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

etalian posted:

It was funny, I also lolled how all the Miami newspapers had whining about evil Conan creating propaganda for Castro.

cuban americans are still butthurt that the peasants rose up against their ultra-wealthy grandparents and stole their rightful place as the masters.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
accelerationism rules

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cool tree bro posted:

cuban americans are still butthurt that the peasants rose up against their ultra-wealthy grandparents and stole their rightful place as the masters.

this was the best bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diZWOBb_5j0

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

At this point I'll put my money on Republican for the next 8 years purely because I think the every eight years white house flip hypothesis has some merit; but I reserve the right to change my guess when the Republican Primary is concluded.

I haven't been looking but I don't see a dark horse break out republican and for the last ... eh 24 years there has been no strong republican candidate (for some value of "strong").

Yes this means I think George W Bush's election success was primarily name recognition and due to the American voters flipping the white house every 8 years rather than any intrinsic quality George W Bush had.

Place your bets everyone, lets see where the ball lands this time.

I'm telling you man, there will be grave consequences for the first team to cut in line.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Here's a real cool documentary on Cuba

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Hill-dog 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/13/us/politics/hillary-clinton-2016-presidential-campaign.html?_r=0

quote:

Ending two years of speculation and coy denials, Hillary Rodham Clinton announced on Sunday that she would seek the presidency for a second time, immediately establishing herself as the likely 2016 Democratic nominee.

“I’m running for president,” she said with a smile near the end of a two-minute video released just after 3 p.m.

Predictions for a running-mate? Clinton / Biden 2016?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i know none of you actually want to, but you should force yourself to actually watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uY7gLZDmn4

its your duty

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its so loving staged and pr and retarded and bad im literally throwing up all over my apt

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

:50 gay couple spotted

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lesbian couple 1:58

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Lol @ all those actors pretending to be actual people

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
She changed the color of her logo, it's a white arrow pointing right instead of a red one.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Hmm mexicans check
Blacks check
Poors check
Olds check
Gays check
Lesbos check
Single moms check

Wow shes everybody's president

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
didn't really occur to me that they were supposed to represent actual people lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
As a single mother it's important to elect someone who will somehow reduce the american workforce to an even smaller size.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Neptr posted:

Hillary has a poo poo load of donors, and whoever spends the most money wins the election. That's why she's gonna win the Democratic primary and why the Republicans are making GBS threads themselves.

:goonsay: from 2007.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't wait to vote against Hilary.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

TEAYCHES posted:

i know none of you actually want to, but you should force yourself to actually watch the video:

its your duty

I watched this video earlier today and I can't remember a second of it (outside of the woman flexing while holding her kid but that's because I just saw it again).

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TEAYCHES posted:

its so loving staged and pr and retarded and bad im literally throwing up all over my apt

I can't believe the Clintons of all people would stage something for an election video.

What is the world coming to?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

I can't believe the Clintons of all people would stage something for an election video.

What is the world coming to?

its not surprising but imo part of the problem with american politics is that we arent disgusted by the status quo. gently caress these rear end in a top hat sociopath motherf*ckers

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

its not surprising but imo part of the problem with american all politics is that we arent disgusted by the status quo. gently caress these rear end in a top hat sociopath motherf*ckers

FTFY.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tbf the attacks on hillary started years ago. Why do you think benghazi was even a thing?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbf the attacks on hillary started years ago. Why do you think benghazi was even a thing?

lol "was"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
look at that pale white kid, drained of all his humours by his antivaxx lefty mother

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

its your duty

I wish I could force a smile and chuckle while lightly elbowing a stranger

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

BigBoss posted:

I'm still not actually sure what the supposed Benghazi scandal is.

she said angry terrorist mob when it was terrorist angry mob :911:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I'm ready for 19 straight months of election cycle again. Is there some kind of drug I can take that will make this one compelling?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the best thing i can say about these ever increasing election cycles is that at least they don't play christmas music the whole time

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I don't know if I'm ready for 19 straight months of election cycle again. Is there some kind of drug I can take that will make this one compelling?

Bath salts.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

same. good words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

its the greatest most expensive cockfight in the history of the world, what more could you possibly need

• Locked thread