Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I always thought it was that Jacket won the fight, but didn't actually splatter Biker's brains out all over the floor

Biker still has his wound from when Jacket's winning (but not killing) blow smashes his helmet open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Biker also doesn't have his helmet with him.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

EvilDrWong posted:

Don't do any of that

I was planning on doing a Hotline Miami costume. Maybe get a random animal mask and make up a character.

Or put on 200 pounds and get a snake mask and nunchaku :v:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Or put on 200 pounds and get a snake mask and nunchaku :v:

Do this.

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the sample at the end of Escape from Midwich Valley from?

(I was only listening to it because it was in the trailer, so this is the right place to post this :colbert:)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(I was only listening to it because it was in the trailer, so this is the right place to post this :colbert:)

I'm assuming it's from some 50s PSA on College or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It certanly sounds like it. Just curious, since a quick googling didn't turn it up.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Anyone know the Phone Hom font?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh.... Release. First section. What do.

Skunkrocker posted:

I dunno. Probably something either bubbly or crystal-like. But I'm jealous of those that got one. That some limited release or...?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

widespread posted:

But I'm jealous of those that got one. That some limited release or...?

That came with the vinyl soundtrack.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

widespread posted:

So uh.... Release. First section. What do.

If you're talking about the throwdown it's basically the Biker fight except you have to dodge until you get a weapon thrown in. He will go down in a single hit from that.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Skunkrocker posted:

It's done by hand - you can probably approximate it with the default building blocks in FontStruct

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You forgot the player. Which chaotic are we??????

Chaotic Autist.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whens the editor

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

whens the editor

March 16th.

Of next year.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

whens the editor

To answer your question with a bit of sincerity, no one knows. It was rumored to be March 16th but since that has come and gone, no one knows, and no one from Devolver or Dennaton is talking.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

They should have released a GMLite level editor SDK because making an editor in Gamemaker is hilariously hard

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
They should have just officially published the leaked alpha editor as "use at your own risk". It's not like they can't update it later.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Lacedaemonius posted:

They should have just officially published the leaked alpha editor as "use at your own risk". It's not like they can't update it later.

Releasing incomplete/unstable content with warning labels or w/e pretty much always guarantees a flood of loud complaints about how incomplete'/unstable it is. Even if there's a barrier that you have to click through that says "THIS ISN'T FINISHED YET"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Something finally clicked for me and I've managed to push my consistent D's and C's into A+'s of flying chainsaw death whirlwinds. I'm hardly a master at this point but repeat 10x combos are a fuckin rush.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's kind of one of my favorite parts of the song. The best of the lyrics I can decipher is this. The first two lines I have almost no idea about, but my guess is.

I like anything from ??? (knowledge?)
Die like anything from ???
Though he spent four years in college till he's childlike in his knowledge, but we agree he's guilty as can be!
Guilty, guilty! Though he went to college, he's childlike in his knowledge!
He's guilty rah rah rah!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Show your support for wireless providers in the Miami area by wearing this shirt!

Or, if you prefer to look like a survivor of the fight, you can wear this ultra violent distressed version!

Either way, I like money. :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Moltrey posted:

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's kind of one of my favorite parts of the song. The best of the lyrics I can decipher is this. The first two lines I have almost no idea about, but my guess is.

I like anything from ??? (knowledge?)
Die like anything from ???
Though he spent four years in college till he's childlike in his knowledge, but we agree he's guilty as can be!
Guilty, guilty! Though he went to college, he's childlike in his knowledge!
He's guilty rah rah rah!
I think the first bit is:

He's childlike in his mental knowledge (x2)
Though he spent four years in college, still he's childlike in his knowledge.

?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It sounds like an advertising jingle although god knows what it's advertising. Maybe some form of PSA?

e: Ddraig to the Rescue

https://archive.org/details/Boy_Meets_Dog_1938

e: Starts at 5 minutes in.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 13, 2015

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ddraig posted:

It sounds like an advertising jingle although god knows what it's advertising. Maybe some form of PSA?

e: Ddraig to the Rescue

https://archive.org/details/Boy_Meets_Dog_1938

e: Starts at 5 minutes in.
Yeah, song itself is at 6:59. That's... how the hell did you find that so quickly?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I am Carpenter Brut's Tyler Durden.

e: I guess it's hard to describe but the sample very much sounded like an old style western animation soundtrack. The Internet Archive usually holds all kinds of stuff like that and it would probably be the kind of place people would go for strange, obscure samples.

My google fu skills are excellent :madmax:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 13, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Someone's theory from reddit:

Some guy posted:

Sorry for repost. So, I have a weird theory about Abyss that will probably be instantly disproved, but hey, that's the fun of theories, eh? So In HM1 we have two branching timelines: Jacket wins the battle at Phonehom, and Biker wins the battle at Phonehom. So indulge me for a sec, HM2 follows Jackets story right?, in HM1 we saw Jake's body in hot&heavy, which takes place long after neighbours, right? What if Biker's timeline is the one where Jake collects the floppy disk for Evan to find, and then dies in the 50B HQ as opposed to the spa in Hot&Heavy? In Abyss, why is 50B HQ in disrepair?, after all it was supposed to function as a bomb shelter, right? So why has 50B abandoned their sole method of surviving the nuclear blasts. Because 50B are no more. The Janitors are dead. Biker killed them. All the various animal masked assassins have stopped getting phone calls and now feel lost, they seek each other out and locate the HQ and start living there as a way of re-initiating the Miami killing sprees. Abyss takes place in Biker's timeline. It is it's own level that basically serves as a sequel to Biker's story, it's the last mission in the "continue game" level select, just like Biker's were. This theory also explains why there is a guy wearing Jacket's Richard mask, Jacket is dead, he died in Phonehom, and somebody took the mask off his body just like HM2 Tony did with HM1 Tony. Thoughts?

Makes sense to me. I thought it was interesting.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anatharon posted:

The game is very clearly one timeline IMO

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Where'd the bomb shelter thing come from? It's been a few years since 50 Blessings came under heavy scrutiny what with Jacket's rampage and criminal investigation, no wonder they'd abandon their old digs and go underground. It always looked more like a creepy paramilitary compound than an actual emergency shelter, anyway.

The fact that the killers in the back are sporting 19 of the original HLM masks (with a chance for some of the missing ones laying around, like Earl, Graham and Jake) gives me the vibe that it's a fourth wall something-or-other where your search for answers is countered by the first game personally telling you to gently caress off.

e: did the first game have any reference to a NE 101st Street? That's the only other address we can see on the disk printouts.

scamtank fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 13, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

scamtank posted:

The fact that the killers in the back are sporting 19 of the original HLM masks (with a chance for some of the missing ones laying around, like Earl, Graham and Jake) gives me the vibe that it's a fourth wall something-or-other where your search for answers is countered by the first game personally telling you to gently caress off.

That seems weird especially since this game goes literally miles out of its way to give you answers to questions

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

That seems weird especially since this game goes literally miles out of its way to give you answers to questions

Maybe he meant satisfactory ones.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Carpenter Brut's remixes were fantastic, this was probably one of the Top 3 songs of the OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFb6rnmwls

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

The game is very clearly one timeline IMO

That doesn't entirely fit with the Jake lives / Jake dies thing though, unless you're just chalking it up to a retcon / noncanon bonus.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oxyclean posted:

That doesn't entirely fit with the Jake lives / Jake dies thing though, unless you're just chalking it up to a retcon / noncanon bonus.

That's exactly what I chalk that up to, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Anatharon posted:

Anyone know off the top of their head whether the Richard mask in Abyss has teeth and blinks?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Anyone know off the top of their head whether the Richard mask in Abyss has teeth and blinks?

He doesn't have either, it stood out to me when I went in to screenshot and count the gang. It's an actual mask and not an Uncle Richard story trip.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm planning on making a series of levels with Biker for the 'what if Biker figured out the password and killed the janitors' option. I think that would have led to a very different Hotline Miami 2. Mostly with a lot of Biker rear end kicking. :black101:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I want some levels where you play the old psycho general wearing animal masks made out of actual animal faces. And then kill the presidents of the US and Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Where the hell is the level editor?

• Locked thread