Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Skwee posted:

They cost like practically nothing. No way that is making you broke unless you are just shooting at absolutely nothing

I... Kinda suck.

E: yeah i should probably turn that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way I can track progress for the event?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Is there a way I can track progress for the event?

Click your name, go to achievements, then click WW2 chronicles and pick whatever event you want.

Also the Avenger is a good, solid plane, and easy as gently caress to get. Especially with the BTD.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Humboldt Squid posted:

I... Kinda suck.

E: yeah i should probably turn that off

No matter how much you suck, ammo costs are infinitesimal.

If you suck you won't be firing that much ammo off anyway. :v:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Humboldt Squid posted:

I somehow didnt realize that special munitions cost silver, no wonder im always broke :v:
On the plus side i got a silver wager to get "thunderer" each match and its actually really easy to do since no one in arcade seems to actually attack grnd targets.

You realize that you are basically the pubbie by saying that ammo costs too much.
Well, I guess what you can do is go a bit lowertier. Those are always a ton of fun in RB, and with planes like the Gladiator you can actually not go wrong.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Click your name, go to achievements, then click WW2 chronicles and pick whatever event you want.

Also the Avenger is a good, solid plane, and easy as gently caress to get. Especially with the BTD.

And it might be nice to put into your CARB preset once :britain: gets tonks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Michaellaneous posted:

You realize that you are basically the pubbie by saying that ammo costs too much.
Well, I guess what you can do is go a bit lowertier. Those are always a ton of fun in RB, and with planes like the Gladiator you can actually not go wrong.

I have trouble flying the Gladiator. It seems to lose so much speed in any kind of maneuver and it lacks the Go Fast of the Chaika.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Night10194 posted:

I have trouble flying the Gladiator. It seems to lose so much speed in any kind of maneuver and it lacks the Go Fast of the Chaika.

Speaking as someone who has only just spaded all the Gladiators despite having jets in all nations. Go RB, turn fight idiots in monoplanes, machine-gun them to death. You are looking at about 4 matches to spade one.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Humboldt Squid posted:

I somehow didnt realize that special munitions cost silver, no wonder im always broke :v:
On the plus side i got a silver wager to get "thunderer" each match and its actually really easy to do since no one in arcade seems to actually attack grnd targets.

Just wait until you start buying jets and T5 tanks. :suicide:

Sometime I want to have a big sync drop with goons in Shermans in a map like Carpathians or Kuban and just loving do this to anything that remotely resembles a silhouette in the trees.

In theory if we had enough tanks lobbing HE rounds into woods it would clear them right?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Uh, has anyone noticed the recently updated tooltips for skills that tell you exactly what they do now?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Pubbies so poo poo they are more likely to hit my all-stock Yak-15 with their plane than any of the shots they fire.

When you find a pubbie doing poo poo while in a Bearcat you know you've found the ur-pubbie, ruling from a throne of turds.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 13, 2015

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Anyone got the ZUT-37? Is it fun?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

Uh, has anyone noticed the recently updated tooltips for skills that tell you exactly what they do now?

It tells you what the skill does, but still doesn't provide any mechanical, useful information.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Wales Grey posted:

It tells you what the skill does, but still doesn't provide any mechanical, useful information.

Yes it does? It tells you what it modifies and by how much, with the current completion rate a percentage towards the maximum effect (would help if it was all in 100s, but eh). 25 out of 50 is a 50% increase in the referenced attribute, why do you need harder numbers? How is that even helpful?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They don't work at a linear rate like that. Some top off at 75/100 and never increase.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

MrLonghair posted:

They don't work at a linear rate like that. Some top off at 75/100 and never increase.

loving Hell!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Speaking of Crew Skills maybe its just the low levels I'm at, but tanks seem to earn poo poo all for crew skills. I almost feel like I should just load my tank slows with a few premium planes and grind out a few hundred crew points in arcade mode.

Also solo BR 1-1.3 tanks continues to be miserable solo. Its sad to see the WT mumble channels so empty these days.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

Yes it does? It tells you what it modifies and by how much, with the current completion rate a percentage towards the maximum effect (would help if it was all in 100s, but eh). 25 out of 50 is a 50% increase in the referenced attribute, why do you need harder numbers? How is that even helpful?

"The skill allows the pilot to detect a target at twice the normal range" is useless when you don't know what the normal range is.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of Crew Skills maybe its just the low levels I'm at, but tanks seem to earn poo poo all for crew skills. I almost feel like I should just load my tank slows with a few premium planes and grind out a few hundred crew points in arcade mode.

Crew XP is tied to RP gain, I think. And given that tanks gain RP slower than planes...

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 13, 2015

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Is there a chart so that I can avoid spending 220 skill points on crew abilities that have already maxed out?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Setting a bomber's engine on fire with one well placed shot from an AA cannon is such an amazing "Ha HA, EAT poo poo" feeling.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just unlocked the AP rounds for the M19, went on a rampage in the Poland map and killed 6 tanks, mostly panthers...got 45 XP for it. A nice bonus was getting abused by a team mate for shooting tanks and not the enemy's sole bomber that popped up just as the round was ending.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Unkempt posted:

Anyone got the ZUT-37? Is it fun?

I have it and I find it to be fun... but it's not great in terms of effectivness. It has a very slow turret traverse combined with a tiny magazine for it's automatic 37mm gun making it really hard to engage enemy planes unless you know in advance from where they are coming, so it's not a good SPAAG... it has decent penetration and can murder enemy tanks with flank shots rather well at its BR, but the effectivness drops fast as it doesn't get the 100+mm penetrating APCR shells of the ZSU-37, so it's not very effective above its BR.

All in all, the ZSU-37 is probably all around better in every way besides having a higher BR rating, but it makes more than up for it by having those awesome APCR shells. The ZUT-37 is still a very fun ride and I don't regret buying it, but if you think about aquiering an effective SPAAG, than skip it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

A 190 complaining about people running away forever is loving priceless.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Default-belt all-stock Yak-15 kinda blows hard as a motherfucker when 9/10 matches are against Bearcats and Spitfires with only 1-2 bombers for enemies every match.

But all stock Yak-9UT? Squad me into a top tier jet match and I'll rock some Sabre socks. 20 tier system come back please.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Gimnbo posted:

A 190 complaining about people running away forever is loving priceless.

If I hadn't hosed up bombing one of the bases I would have won that round and he could have been even more mad.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

he's right

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

BBJoey posted:

he's right

An American running away forever is basically every RB with Japan. :suicide:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Feindfeuer posted:

I have it and I find it to be fun... but it's not great in terms of effectivness. It has a very slow turret traverse combined with a tiny magazine for it's automatic 37mm gun making it really hard to engage enemy planes unless you know in advance from where they are coming, so it's not a good SPAAG... it has decent penetration and can murder enemy tanks with flank shots rather well at its BR, but the effectivness drops fast as it doesn't get the 100+mm penetrating APCR shells of the ZSU-37, so it's not very effective above its BR.

All in all, the ZSU-37 is probably all around better in every way besides having a higher BR rating, but it makes more than up for it by having those awesome APCR shells. The ZUT-37 is still a very fun ride and I don't regret buying it, but if you think about aquiering an effective SPAAG, than skip it.

The ZUT-37 is absolutely fantastic in the "War in Midair" event because you're pretty much immune to anything except direct hits if you park on a bridge. If enemy planes are dumb enough to strafe you (and they will be), you can hammer them with 5 HEFI rounds in rapid succession and almost certainly get a kill. Against tanks, the AP rounds will go through most anything you face save an M4 frontally or a KV, and while your reload speed is kinda sluggish you do hammer the shots out really quickly.

Hobo Siege posted:

Setting a bomber's engine on fire with one well placed shot from an AA cannon is such an amazing "Ha HA, EAT poo poo" feeling.

I killed a 410's pilot with a single shot from my .50 AAMG on the M4A3E8 right before his bomb blew me up in the sim event. Was a serious 'Eat poo poo, skygod' moment.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

I remember one time where I ran away for 45 (probably less, like 30 or something) minutes when I was the only guy left on my team, against 4-5 british planes in my p-51. It wasn't because I was just being spiteful, I actually won the round.

one guy was saying he was recording it and was going to report me to my squad. Anyway eventually they realized they wouldn't catch me, at which point a bunch of them crashed somehow, possibly bail outs, I just saw the kill feed, and some other dudes went off to try and win on ground targets, then I went and refueled and repaired and came in and messed them up real nice until they died. If you aren't running away to get an advantage then why bother

Point is you probably didn't win, you were just a jerk

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 13, 2015

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Blistex posted:

Is there a chart so that I can avoid spending 220 skill points on crew abilities that have already maxed out?

If the bar isn't full, the skill isn't maxed.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Is the Rooskie Sherman any good? It's an M4A3E2 with the good 76mm APCR right?

I have a need to buy it and adorn it in Soviet paraphernalia :ussr:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's the M4A2 with 76mm gun and wet ammo racks, but no Jumbo armor. Just a regular upgunned Sherman.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Everyone I know that has bought it has been psyched. It's up there with the German KV-1 in terms of goon appreciation maybe.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wicaeed posted:

That's cool Gaijin. Lets have your lovely client crash when I'm joining a game.

What's that? Oh no I didn't need that 200% RP booster. Oh yeah, thanks for that 7 minute crew lockout as well, pretty much guaranteeing that booster goes to waste.

Join in progress is a thing, yet I still can't rejoin a game I just crashed out of?

Faggots.

I can't remember a post where you haven't been incredibly mad about a video game.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Execu-speak posted:

I have it and it's an extremely solid tank. As long as you realise that it's not god-mode or whatever but I still have it in my soviet lineup and am using it to grab the T-54

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Execu-speak posted:

It is an excellent tank that gels well with the play style you will be used to as soviets, bit also does something new with it's gun depression. A very solid buy.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I just had an 11 kill game in the Su-100 on Carpathian and it might be the best game I've ever played. Not so much in kills or anything but more that I don't think I made a single mistake, which is a loving rarity. And it started with the weirdest standoff with 2 King Tigers that you kind of have to see to believe.

Is there a way to host replays like WoT?

Mazz fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
You could upload the replay file. It saves the last 10 or 20 or so. You have to rename them to keep them. Also they tend to become obsolete every major version.

Or you can make a video of it. Note replays tend to... uhhh.... have a lot of weird innacuracies, but tanks aren't too bad.

• Locked thread