Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Resident Evil and Tales of Vesperia are things I'd never thought would mix together in anything outside of fanfiction.

I kinda want Knuckles to be put in one of these games to make the joke complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hopefully that game is better than the last one, but I'm not holding much hope. Kind of sad that that is the most we've seen Capcom do with Megaman X is a long time.

Front Mission 3 update: Eject punch is my favorite ability. Punching dudes out of their mechs and killing them makes stealing mechs so much easier.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

News said the game's coming out this fall for the states. That's a really fast translation for a game not out yet.

IT's a simultaneous release because PXZ did like double its Japanese sales in the US

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

was project x zone the one with frank west in it for some reason? or was that some other cross over game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Roobanguy posted:

was project x zone the one with frank west in it for some reason? or was that some other cross over game.

Marvel Vs Capcom

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Frank West was in Project X Zone as well, his gag was that he took pictures of girls and gave a thumbs up whenever they told him to stop it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Some dude is doing an lp of Drake of the 99 Dragons
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712918

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You missed the last LP he did.

He's Woolie

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Roobanguy posted:

Project X Zone has Bruno Delinger, ie Bruce Willis minus the license.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

And he straight up has an animation where he causes an explosion then dives away from it as if it were Nakatomi Plaza blowing up.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Commissar Ken posted:

And he straight up has an animation where he causes an explosion then dives away from it as if it were Nakatomi Plaza blowing up.

that owns.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A few pages late, but Pat kind of had a point about fire alarms, he was just too busy being Pat to make it well. False alarms ARE bullshit. I've been in the same spot where fire alarms were going off to frequently (once or twice a month for a few months) and it got the point where people just started ignoring them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a random aside noticed on the switchers channel favorites is a video on bloodborne's final boss.

Are the guys done with the game already off screen? If not kinda strange.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I think they said they were playing the game like 5 hours at a time on weekdays and Bloodborne is only like 20 hours long so I wouldn't be surprised if they're already done. Or maybe Matt or Liam finished it on their own time since they were playing it too.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

As a random aside noticed on the switchers channel favorites is a video on bloodborne's final boss.

Are the guys done with the game already off screen? If not kinda strange.

Considering how much Pat has been skipping it probably wouldn't take him too long to hit an ending (although that's not the final FINAL boss if you want to get technical :v: ). Or someone on the channel just isn't as worried about spoilers as they make it sound.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Woolie hasn't gone past where they are in the LP on his own and Pat is insane and refuses to play on his own till the LP is over because he doesn't want to be slot 2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wordnumber posted:

I think they said they were playing the game like 5 hours at a time on weekdays and Bloodborne is only like 20 hours long so I wouldn't be surprised if they're already done. Or maybe Matt or Liam finished it on their own time since they were playing it too.

Eh, plus it's not that huge of a spoiler anyway. Especially since the dickholes on the comment section made sure to spoil it from fuckin' episode one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought for one beautiful moment they were going to decide to send everyone to Iosefka.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Wordnumber posted:

The game is way longer, its 20 if you skip all side bosses and dont explore, not sure why anyone would play the game like that.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Depths posted:

The game is way longer, its 20 if you skip all side bosses and dont explore, not sure why anyone would play the game like that.

They sold the loving top hat, anything's possible in this poo poo show

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Perfect Potato posted:

They sold the loving top hat, anything's possible in this poo poo show

What the gently caress is going on in that playthrough

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I think at this point Pat and Woolie are just intentionally loving with all the Souls fans who watch their videos. Because, while I'm having fun due to not really investing a ton of time or effort into the Souls series (I'll reserve that for MH and Persona), every Souls fan in the comments/Reddit/this thread are livid over everything.

And I can get behind on this.

Also, have we gotten any more word on 2BF&F-Plus? Because my podcasts are goddamn amazing right now and I need something that will fuel my hype for like 4 more millennium of hearing Pat and Lemon giggle at stupid internet things. And while we're at it, since Pat loves Ralph Bluetawn, we should get him in contact with Vinny so then I can just have every single one of my internet entertainment sources conglomerate together in an amazing pile of joy and lovely things being made fun of.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pulp rag posted:

I think at this point Pat and Woolie are just intentionally loving with all the Souls fans who watch their videos. Because, while I'm having fun due to not really investing a ton of time or effort into the Souls series (I'll reserve that for MH and Persona), every Souls fan in the comments/Reddit/this thread are livid over everything.

They don't even need to intentionally gently caress with them. That's the beauty of it all. All they need to do is miss one item or area or sell a thing they won't use.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Souls fans are as bad as Souls games are good it's hosed up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So...My first impression of Life is Strange was really negative, but...I'm actually starting to kind of dig it. The writing, acting, and especially dialogue have some serious jank to them and goddamn the 'villans', such as they are, are pretty garbage so far, but there's some pretty drat good moments in there too. Don't think I have any particular desire to play it for myself, but I'm at least looking forward to seeing the Zaibatsu run continue.

Although...boy, "You couldn't save Kate" isn't the most...sensitive way they could have phrased that in the BIG CHOICE recap page. I was listening to the Jimquisiton podcast a week or two ago and one of the regulars mentioned that she'd known someone who committed suicide, and seeing the choice framed in that way was really a sucker punch to her.

Edit: Oh, wow. I'll give the devs a little credit back, the bit at the end where they refer players who were affected by any of their content to support networks was a nice gesture.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 14, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rodyle posted:

I thought for one beautiful moment they were going to decide to send everyone to Iosefka.

never has such a simple idiom as 'the devil you know' been more true, hell, even I don't know who losefka is or what she's about but I can sense she's bad news.The fact that we cant see her so far is a surefire sign that she's probably some kind of blood murder monster with a voice of gold

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

never has such a simple idiom as 'the devil you know' been more true, hell, even I don't know who losefka is or what she's about but I can sense she's bad news.The fact that we cant see her so far is a surefire sign that she's probably some kind of blood murder monster with a voice of gold

I can honestly say Iosefka is a perfectly normal doctor.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Podcast is up early.

Some nice making GBS threads on Subzero to start it off.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man that Deus Ex trailer got me stupid hype.

Also I broke and bought MKX I can't wait to play Black Woman with Shotgun fists.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

Here's a hint, if you look through the hole in the door's cracks she has a gun and weapon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Here's a hint, if you look through the hole in the door's cracks she has a gun and weapon.

Well technically Iosefka herself is fine and harmless, but the doppelganger who kills and replaces her after the clinic opens is not. (spoilers for iosefka's storyline obv.)

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 14, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god the principal in life is strange is just the most punchable rear end in a top hat

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

CJacobs posted:

Well technically Iosefka herself is fine and harmless, but the doppelganger who kills and replaces her after the clinic opens is not. (spoilers for iosefka's storyline obv.)

Do you mind posting a link to a wiki or some other explanation for this, because this is the first I'm hearing of it!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Radio Paranoia posted:

Do you mind posting a link to a wiki or some other explanation for this, because this is the first I'm hearing of it!

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Iosefka

People who hate spoilers should not click that obviously.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
you have to kill her for her pregnant baby cord for the true good ending. she doesn't defend herself because she is preggers with a space baby.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

hubris.height posted:

you have to kill her for her pregnant baby cord for the true good ending. she doesn't defend herself because she is preggers with a space baby.

Not necessarily. If you sent Arianna to the chapel, you can get the third required cord from her later. And if you don't need her cord, killing fake Iosefka when she's hostile gets you a very useful rune.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dias posted:

They don't even need to intentionally gently caress with them. That's the beauty of it all. All they need to do is miss one item or area or sell a thing they won't use.

The main thing that's been kind of irritating is that they're putting pretty much no effort into exploring or figuring the basic mechanics out. Like even less than they normally do in other playthroughs. And this is a game where a ton of areas/bosses are easy to miss so this LP is going to be a mess.

Still I don't think people should be getting so goddamn nasty about a piece of armor or whatever. And the top hat is stupid anyway, there I said it. :colbert:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Wiseblood posted:

Not necessarily. If you sent Arianna to the chapel, you can get the third required cord from her later. And if you don't need her cord, killing fake Iosefka when she's hostile gets you a very useful rune.

i think you need three, and that's just two of them. the third is listed on the wiki, but i already spoiled those two.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Kimmalah posted:

The main thing that's been kind of irritating is that they're putting pretty much no effort into exploring or figuring the basic mechanics out. Like even less than they normally do in other playthroughs. And this is a game where a ton of areas/bosses are easy to miss so this LP is going to be a mess.

Still I don't think people should be getting so goddamn nasty about a piece of armor or whatever. And the top hat is stupid anyway, there I said it. :colbert:

To be honest though I found the controlled 'Correct' way of playing done in their DS2 LP to be not as fun as this, here, we're seeing them explore and experience the game with a fresh set of eyes and make the mistakes I would make if I had just started. and now that they go home and play on their own (up to a point) they can come back to the LP with the stuff they missed along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They are going to get the most important missable stuff anyway because angry people will bug them on twitter about the stuff they miss. Then they will probably check those things out in the next recording session.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 14, 2015