Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
If we're talking level editor ideas I want to do some maps with the son and henchman, showing what it was like for the mafia right after jacket murdered literally everyone important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I want to make some levels where the Ghost Wolves go on a rampage through Miami.

Jehde posted:

Where the hell is the level editor?

Not done yet? :confused: Sometime in the next month or two probably.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
What character would be the best to represent John Wick so I can make a level based around his house? :getin:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

What character would be the best to represent John Wick so I can make a level based around his house? :getin:

Corey?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Pardo, no question. Gun finishers and quick-turns.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Definitely Pardo.

E:FB :argh:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JAssassin posted:

I'm planning on making a series of levels with Biker for the 'what if Biker figured out the password and killed the janitors' option. I think that would have led to a very different Hotline Miami 2. Mostly with a lot of Biker rear end kicking. :black101:
Stopping the 50 blessings assassination :unsmigghh:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The gently caress are you guys talking about, the only proper stand-in for John Wick is the Son with akimbo uzis.

e: or the default katana and dive roll

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Pardo, do you really need to ask?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I really want to make levels for Jake more than anything. He's become one of my favorite characters.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Make a remake of First Blood for Jake where as soon as you enter the bar you get mobbed by 50 russians all coming at you with assorted weapons while you fend them off with your nunchucks.

The true art in crafting the level will be in positioning enemies and timing it right so you can kill all of them just before you need to stop wheezing. You then get blasted by an offscreen shotgun dude.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I would be really interesting to see all of the levels in this game recreated for use with the other characters. Imagine doing Moving Up with Evan or Withdrawl as the Soldier.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pardo has gun finishers? Damnit I don't get off work for 12 hours :suicide:

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Most of the gun finishers are loud and take a long time, they're still badass to watch though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
You'd think the silenced pistol would be the silent one but nope, it's the auto shotgun. Silenced pistol's execution actually makes noise, which is a bit of an oversight but oh well.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Stopping the 50 blessings assassination :unsmigghh:

drat, now I want to do this one. Think about the possibilities! You know there has to be a level based around taking down an entire army base to get at the general, right?

EDIT: Now that I think about it.. if the Janitors are dead and Jacket probably is too in this hypothetical campaign, does that mean that Richter is still running around, not in Jail?

NewMars fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 14, 2015

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
What I want to know is if you can put in multiple different characters into a character select for custom levels, I want to pick from Jacket, Biker, Richter with his uzi, and Jake Dallas to murder my way through 50 Blessing goons in an alternate timeline.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Eaten by Tigers posted:

What I want to know is if you can put in multiple different characters into a character select for custom levels, I want to pick from Jacket, Biker, Richter with his uzi, and Jake Dallas to murder my way through 50 Blessing goons in an alternate timeline.

Very unlikely, for the same reason that it's currently uncertain if each character can go up against enemies they don't fight in the main game (spritesheet nonsense, apparently).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Totally going to try to make the level where you assassinate the president of the US and USSR.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Tony is surprisingly really cool for highscoring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-DKuYz4Q4

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Anatharon posted:

(spritesheet nonsense, apparently).

How is this still a problem in TYOOL 2015?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

How is this still a problem in TYOOL 2015?

Since it's using Gamemaker as an engine, it's not very surprising to me.
When you execute a guy with your shotgun in Dead Ahead, the columbian turns into a thug :downs:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABXU28sksE

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Got my first S rank, on into the pit. I'm inordinately proud.

Yes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ledgy posted:

Since it's using Gamemaker as an engine, it's not very surprising to me.
When you execute a guy with your shotgun in Dead Ahead, the columbian turns into a thug :downs:

Its not really running on GameMaker anymore, but it is still made with GameMaker so probably. (Which is loving weird IMO, why not just rewrite the game completely?)

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
The game apparently considers a 90x combo as a failure :thumbsup:

its me, i'm the failure, i understand what you're trying to say, game

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 15, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

90x combo seems like something that would never usually happen. Maybe it works like coins in Mario 64, where the formula makes it so that anything more than 200 doesn't actually appear as 200 something coins.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Butt Ghost posted:

90x combo seems like something that would never usually happen. Maybe it works like coins in Mario 64, where the formula makes it so that anything more than 200 doesn't actually appear as 200 something coins.

If they didn't plan for a 90x combo in the score system why'd they put in a level with 90 enemies? :v:

edit: Well I guess it's less than that but executions are definitely a factor especially as Pardo!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I've seen 90x combos on Dead Ahead that did not receive a grade F, so that's not what's causing it. I don't know what is, though. I didn't even know you could get that as a grade!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
My guess is the game thinks I have 2,1 something points instead of 2,1 million :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ledgy posted:

My guess is the game thinks I have 2,1 something points instead of 2,1 million :v:

My game believes I haven't beaten Caught but have beaten everything else :v:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Tulip posted:

My game believes I haven't beaten Caught but have beaten everything else :v:

My game believes I beat Takeover in 0.001 seconds :v:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
You can do some crazy stuff with Corey's extended dodge roll.

https://gfycat.com/ThoroughFatherlyHanumanmonkey

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

JAssassin posted:

You can do some crazy stuff with Corey's extended dodge roll.

https://gfycat.com/ThoroughFatherlyHanumanmonkey

:wow: The timing on that is incredible. The kill at the end makes me grin every time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I finally beat the game. Ending felt not as bad as some make it seem. Did seem like a cop out after some thought, but at least it was a sensible cop out, what with the nuking and the assassinations.

Credits music was super fuckin' chill, though. I just leaned back as the nukes hit everyone.

One other thing is, just how intense were those drugs the Son took? I mean, holy poo poo. It painted him killing the fans in a much different light, though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

widespread posted:

One other thing is, just how intense were those drugs the Son took? I mean, holy poo poo. It painted him killing the fans in a much different light, though.

A neat touch is that when revisiting the Henchman's dialogue in his final scene with that context, his rambling makes a lot more sense.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

widespread posted:

I like how he used the axe to kill the Swans even though we know he just stood there and used a gun. That really emphasized just how hosed up he was.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Geight posted:

A neat touch is that when revisiting the Henchman's dialogue in his final scene with that context, his rambling makes a lot more sense.
Wait, which final scene: The final final one, or the Henchman's one?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I like how he used the axe to kill the Swans even though we know he just stood there and used a gun. That really emphasized just how hosed up he was.

That caught me way off guard. Somehow, the twins weren't hard by the way: Just swing when the eyes are white. Also, getting a real vague idea on what happened to the other Fans was neat, and maybe ironic. Mark was smashed with a golf club, Corey was shot with a revolver, and Tony was fended off with a shotgun.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

widespread posted:

Wait, which final scene: The final final one, or the Henchman's one?

The henchman's final scene, sorry. His tripped-out rambling fits in with what we see from the Son's point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
What do you guys think of this ?

https://soundcloud.com/l3dgy/harder-better-faster-voyager

• Locked thread