Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So this is going to be the excuse this go around instead of "He won because he is black"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"And, at this point, any species."

The time of the glorious octopus is now!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sir Tonk posted:

Drudge was one of the primary forces behind pushing the "flash mob" thing a few years ago and has been pretty heavy into "knockout game" stories. Dude is obsessed with painting black youths as evil beasts coming for our delicate whiteness.

They Also know their audience and know that Scary Black Men get clicks. Also one big response to the Garner, Tamir Rice, Walter Scott.etc stories has been 'why don't they report when black people shoot white victims"/as if it were purely about us vs them race, not institutional racism.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Majorian posted:

That's a tough one, since it sounds like your GF is a true believer, and not just somebody who holds her nose and votes R because she finds them less scary. I used to be anti-legalized abortion, though, and the thing that made me change my mind was learning that banning abortions doesn't really stop them from happening, or even decrease their rate all that much - it just makes them way less safe. So what I would say to her is that there are better ways of stopping abortion from happening, ie: comprehensive sex ed, making contraception and family planning free and accessible, etc. You can oppose abortion on moral grounds, but also support keeping Roe v. Wade intact, without any contradiction (that's what my position is). Making them not happen at all is pretty much not possible, so you have to go with the next best option: keeping them safe, legal, and rare.

That sounds like it might be worth a shot. I'm sure she'll brush off any statistics that I find as biased, but where can I get that kind of information to show her?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

You should know that she is one of the most corrupt, despicable, dishonest human beings to ever ascend to a position of power by riding someone else's coattails. Accuse me all you want of "not being a Christian about it" but I will say right now that Hillary Clinton is a dirty, rotten, thieving liar. She really is. And all you have to do is read a little bit about her exploits to see it.
Haha, "She's literally the worst person on earth. She's done so many horrible things it's inconceivable, but even though her evil misdeeds are innumerable I'm not going to toss any token or egregious examples your way. Just go look it up (or don't and please take my word for it oh god please someone love me)."

quote:

We can't take the affirmative action approach to the presidency again. We tried that, and look what happened.
Bin Laden's dead, more troops are home, lower deficit, more jobs, improved health care, reduced gun violence :smugdog:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
But my doomsday prepping

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who needs sexism when you have good ol ageism?

A few things mentioned:

Negro League World Series, NY Cubans beat Cleveland Buckeyes, 6-5

"You Bet Your Life" with Groucho Marx premieres on ABC radio

Al Jolson’s “Anniversary Song” topped the Hit Parade

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/13/10-things-that-happened-the-month-hillary-was-born-in-1947/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

That sounds like it might be worth a shot. I'm sure she'll brush off any statistics that I find as biased, but where can I get that kind of information to show her?

This is just an abstract, but the numbers in any of themselves are pretty stunning:

quote:

About 340,000 abortions are performed annually in South Korea while 440,000 childbirths are reported. These figures raise a host of questions given strict criminal regulations that make most of these abortions illegal. This article examines the discrepancy between the widespread practice of abortion and Korean law. The author conducts a comparative review of relevant laws and cases and places the regulation of abortion in the context of political agendas, ideological positions, and cultural values related to abortion. Tracing the discourse on abortion from Korean independence to the present, it is revealed that the same arguments used to support abortion have also been used to oppose it. The author concludes by theorizing that a deep-seated disregard for women’s rights is behind recent abortion controversies in South Korean society.

Here's a good, accessible analysis of South Korea's abortion ban. The bottom line is that abortion bans just don't work when countries try them, and they make life worse for everyone involved.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Who needs sexism when you have good ol ageism?

A few things mentioned:

Negro League World Series, NY Cubans beat Cleveland Buckeyes, 6-5

"You Bet Your Life" with Groucho Marx premieres on ABC radio

Al Jolson’s “Anniversary Song” topped the Hit Parade

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/13/10-things-that-happened-the-month-hillary-was-born-in-1947/

You can't do ageism when your party is literally the old person party. You ran loving Mitt Romney as you best young candidate to appeal to younger voters

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I like how they whine about the fact that Reagan's age was criticized. Yeah, because the fucker developed dementia mid presidency!

Lmao defending Bob Dole.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 13, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You can't do ageism when your party is literally the old person party. You ran loving Mitt Romney as you best young candidate to appeal to younger voters

From left to right: 45,51,50

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Big McHuge posted:

The Cider House Rules?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Steven Crowder's sugar daddy has been busy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hasters posted:

From left to right: 45,51,50

Took me a second because Cantor is there but that was 7 years ago, yeah totally young guns.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Steven Crowder's sugar daddy has been busy

I understand why someone would want a hunting rifle or a hand gun...but why would someone need a gun like that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There is no answer that will satisfy you.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

I understand why someone would want a hunting rifle or a hand gun...but why would someone need a gun like that?

This is how awful they are

That is the same model of gun used in the Sandy Hook massacre

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

And Rush is now losing his Indy affiliate:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/13/wibc-will-longer-carry-rush-limbaugh/25716323/

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

site posted:

Took me a second because Cantor is there but that was 7 years ago, yeah totally young guns.

Wait, that guy on the right had grey hair when he was 43?

No wonder he's a Republican, I'd be spiteful too.

FuzzySkinner posted:

To keep the gungrabbers away from their hunting rifles and handguns, obviously :rolleye:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think they are cool and fun to shoot. I enjoy having variety in what I shoot. Do I or my family need the 3 AR-15s we have, or the dozen or so other firearms we got? Nope. Have I been in an armed standoff more than once with a felon because my mom is a crazy person that seems to love to try and convince barflies and 'cowboys' that my dad is an rear end and needs to die? Twice. Would things been better without firearms in anyone's hands? Definitely.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen it posted here a lot and I tend to agree: The anti-Hilary brigade is going to be much, much more open in their sexism than the anti-Obama brigade was in their racism because it's still somewhat socially acceptable to be sexist.

It's gonna be an interesting couple years, that's for sure.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Rokstar posted:

I've seen it posted here a lot and I tend to agree: The anti-Hilary brigade is going to be much, much more open in their sexism than the anti-Obama brigade was in their racism because it's still somewhat socially acceptable to be sexist.

It's gonna be an interesting couple years, that's for sure.

It's already started at my office; CDS never went away, it's just been metastasizing under the skin.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

What are her alleged crimes anyways? Are they still harping on that old bullshit about Vince Foster?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Benghazi

Staying with Bill

Being a woman

Being a Democrat

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Benghazi

Staying with Bill

Being a woman

Being a Democrat

Benghazi v2
Emails
Emails about Benghazi

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

site posted:

Benghazi
Where she and the administration were completely exonerated of any wrongdoing.

site posted:

Staying with Bill
Funny accusations from a party that tried to run Newt Gingrich.

edit: you added more. Woman and Democrat have no responses though, Republicans hate both those things no matter what.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Hazo posted:

Where she and the administration were completely exonerated of any wrongdoing.

Like that matters to Republicans. How many times did they bring it up in Congress, 47?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Thump! posted:

What are her alleged crimes anyways? Are they still harping on that old bullshit about Vince Foster?
They're basically dredging up everything they can throw at her, so everything in the 90's+Benghazi+whatever else they can pull out of their asses come up with.

The king of the fake "scandals" is cattle futures, a 38 year old "scandal" that boils down to "Hillary made a nice chunk of money in the Stock Market". If it was in the past of (say) one Willard Mitt Romney then it would spun as a positive thing for showing business acumen, but since it's Hillary it's just one more thing that makes her the second coming of the anti-Chirst.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Thump! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHjx8rVPsjc

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Did he seriously just say a bunch of words with -gate appended to it and pretend it was clever? How can someone even say that with a straight face?

Also weren't like almost all of those things where she was cleared of any wrongdoing? Good lord they're desperate. "LOOK HOW MANY TIMES WE MADE UP poo poo TO ACCUSE HILLARY OF, CLEARLY SHE'S GUILTY :byodood:"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chantilly Say posted:

I would love to find an example of when quoting a Bible passage at a Christian like a magic spell made them change their position.

It won't change their position, it'll just cause them to scream and disappear in a puff of logic smoke

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is them appealing to women. They can do anything without a hint of shame.

Shortcut:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwCDIGuMK4

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's nothing particularly special or dangerous about that gun, it's no different from a normal looking semi-automatic hunting rifle other than being more modular and made of lighter weight materials. Weapons like that are also far less likely to be used in gun crimes than handguns.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

There's nothing particularly special or dangerous about that gun, it's no different from a normal looking semi-automatic hunting rifle other than being more modular and made of lighter weight materials. Weapons like that are also far less likely to be used in gun crimes than handguns.

Ah so easier to wield in an urban environment where one might hunt fellow humans?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Ah so easier to wield in an urban environment where one might hunt fellow humans?
Well they are made to kill people, so that's just proof of good design.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Magres posted:

Did he seriously just say a bunch of words with -gate appended to it and pretend it was clever? How can someone even say that with a straight face?

Also weren't like almost all of those things where she was cleared of any wrongdoing? Good lord they're desperate. "LOOK HOW MANY TIMES WE MADE UP poo poo TO ACCUSE HILLARY OF, CLEARLY SHE'S GUILTY :byodood:"

Water-gate was dumb and was just all the bad people kicking around poor ol' Dick Nixon. Might as well use it against the liberals :derptiel:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

winterwerefox posted:

I think they are cool and fun to shoot. I enjoy having variety in what I shoot. Do I or my family need the 3 AR-15s we have, or the dozen or so other firearms we got? Nope. Have I been in an armed standoff more than once with a felon because my mom is a crazy person that seems to love to try and convince barflies and 'cowboys' that my dad is an rear end and needs to die? Twice. Would things been better without firearms in anyone's hands? Definitely.

:yikes:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Are there any charities out there that provide guns to the less fortunate?

I'd like to have a gun or two but they're kind of out of my budget.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

Are there any charities out there that provide guns to the less fortunate?

I'd like to have a gun or two but they're kind of out of my budget.

This is what gubmint buy-back programs should be doing with dem guns :freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Thump! posted:

They've been harping on it non-stop for the last 22 years, why would they stop now?

It's the funniest thing how these people don't seem to realize that just screaming louder and more frequently about alleged scandals won't make them stick. It's like that's the only tool they know how to use