Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

EDIT: Ugh, forgot legacy doesn't transfer cross server. Screw that.

Do we have anyone besides me who can invite to the Republic guild?

Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Jedi posted:

EDIT: Ugh, forgot legacy doesn't transfer cross server. Screw that.

Do we have anyone besides me who can invite to the Republic guild?

i believe it does though?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Well legacy transfers (technically it gets copied) when you transfer a character from one server to another. But if you just create a new character on a different server, you don't share a legacy with your characters on other servers.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Bedurndurn posted:

Well legacy transfers (technically it gets copied) when you transfer a character from one server to another. But if you just create a new character on a different server, you don't share a legacy with your characters on other servers.

I phrased my statement poorly. This is what I meant.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well the solution is obvious. Create the new character you want on your old server then transfer him or her to the new one. You'll copy your legacy over. Just hit someone's referral link and you'll get a free transfer. Easy peasy.

Here's mine, if you need a referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VxbN4q

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

jng2058 posted:

Well the solution is obvious. Create the new character you want on your old server then transfer him or her to the new one. You'll copy your legacy over. Just hit someone's referral link and you'll get a free transfer. Easy peasy.

Here's mine, if you need a referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VxbN4q

I'm already a sub, so I don't think the referral will help me. I appreciate the help, but it's really not that big of a deal. I was planning on checking out the RP scene on Ebon Hawk - but it's a back burner project and not that crucial. I may wind up doing what you suggest eventually - but right now, it's just not worth the effort/money.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Jedi posted:

I'm already a sub, so I don't think the referral will help me. I appreciate the help, but it's really not that big of a deal. I was planning on checking out the RP scene on Ebon Hawk - but it's a back burner project and not that crucial. I may wind up doing what you suggest eventually - but right now, it's just not worth the effort/money.

I moved from EH to the goon server mostly because it's kind of a bad server.

The RP is basically Moon Guard/WrA level poo poo but with Jedi being angsty.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Jedi posted:

I was subbed when I used one of the referral links here. I got the stack of convenience items and I just checked, I've got a free transfer available as well. I probably should use that, come to think of it.

You DO have to get the toon to level 10, though, so you'll have to put in a couple of hours on the new one to transfer it across. Other than that, you should be good to go.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 13, 2015

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013
Does anybody run pvp grps much?
I have a selection of characters but my true love is organised pvp groups?!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

jng2058 posted:

I was subbed when I used one of the referral links here. I got the stack of convenience items and I just checked, I've got a free transfer available as well. I probably should use that, come to think of it.

You DO have to get the toon to level 10, though, so you'll have to put in a couple of hours on the new one to transfer it across. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Oh hey, look at that - I already have a free transfer. Guess I used a referral link once upon a time in the past.

John Dyne posted:

I moved from EH to the goon server mostly because it's kind of a bad server.

The RP is basically Moon Guard/WrA level poo poo but with Jedi being angsty.

When it comes to RP, I value your opinion so I guess there goes that idea. Thanks.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Jedi posted:

When it comes to RP, I value your opinion so I guess there goes that idea. Thanks.

Oh, no, keep an alt there and watch some of the poo poo some time, but you're literally roleplaying with the worst mix of MMO and Star Wars nerds. I moved to the goon server over a year or two ago, so for all I know, things have improved. But back then, it was basically like watching people preen around at the cathedral in Stormwind with their growth potions on, except everyone is a bounty hunter jedi who is actually really loving evil but keeps it perfectly hidden and you can find out more about the horrible events in their past by going to this tumblr link which will auto-play Linkin Park in the top bar and has a LotR background with an animated Bilbo mouse pointer.

e: Or just check out this site http://www.ebon-hawk.net/ because it has character dossiers and journals and poo poo.

e2: This pretty much sums up pretty much every dossier on there:

Name: El'nora Olgkru
Also known as: El, Nubs, Elly, Scary Twi'lek
Species: Twi'lek
Place of Birth: Coruscant
Sexuality: Homosexual
Relationship Status: Single

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 13, 2015

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

John Dyne posted:

Oh, no, keep an alt there and watch some of the poo poo some time, but you're literally roleplaying with the worst mix of MMO and Star Wars nerds. I moved to the goon server over a year or two ago, so for all I know, things have improved. But back then, it was basically like watching people preen around at the cathedral in Stormwind with their growth potions on, except everyone is a bounty hunter jedi who is actually really loving evil but keeps it perfectly hidden and you can find out more about the horrible events in their past by going to this tumblr link which will auto-play Linkin Park in the top bar and has a LotR background with an animated Bilbo mouse pointer.

e: Or just check out this site http://www.ebon-hawk.net/ because it has character dossiers and journals and poo poo.

Player: (Cis) (hetero) Male

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Honestly, playing star trek online raised the bar so high (/low?) for me for wacky ERP antics that I don't think anything in SWTOR could really ever shock me.

I hope.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

... :geno:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Oh god I hate the Internet so much

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

I am having extreme WRA flashbacks. I need to move an alt to EH just to lampshade this poo poo. :magical:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I have a Sith Jedi alt parked there. I usually remove my armor then light fireworks in the fleet cantina. They tend to not like that

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I have a fat Darth Maul lookin' Jedi Shadow on Ebon Hawk. I haven't yet gotten him through the prologue but he has fleet access and he's fun to annoy folks with.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Oh yeah 6 years on Virtue...CoH was the worst for that stuff. Join a random Task Force, zone in, and suddenly I'm in the middle of 7 catgirls all /pawing at each other.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Posting to get a guild invite on my powertech Veinstei

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
For the first time in ages, the Republic guild on Jedi Council has actually gotten together to DO poo poo.

Nevermind it was just two dudes leveling, it's still loving activity. :v:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

John Dyne posted:

This threw me for a loop... I know that guy. He used to be in my guild on Jung Ma. He's actually not particularly weird, and was always really chill and came up with interesting characters. I did a fair amount of roleplaying with that specific character and it was always fun. The "homosexual" thing was never a major focus of his RP or anything. That's a pretty complex and well thought-out character, as you might guess by the pages and pages of biographical detail he posted on there. He had a bunch of other characters that were all really different, including a Jedi who was NOT evil or angsty.

I've met a lot of weird, stupid and crazy people in my many years of roleplaying in MMO's, but that dude was not one of them. He was cool. I wondered where the hell he went... I guess he decided to hop servers. I have some alts over there, and I might look him up sometime.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've met a lot of weird, stupid and crazy people in my many years of roleplaying in MMO's, but that dude was not one of them. He was cool. I wondered where the hell he went... I guess he decided to hop servers. I have some alts over there, and I might look him up sometime.

Different worlds, then! I'm so used to WoW RP where any mention of sexuality pretty much meant that was the entirety of the character that I didn't even consider there might be normal people out there who just have it for little more than a label; anyone listing sexuality in WoW was usually going to ram it down your throat, in one sense or another.

:downs: I picked a bad example.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 14, 2015

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

John Dyne posted:

For the first time in ages, the Republic guild on Jedi Council has actually gotten together to DO poo poo.

Nevermind it was just two dudes leveling, it's still loving activity. :v:

I can corroborate this. Fun was had.

As for a question: I tried checking the guides on Dulfy, unfortunately it's not much help. I'm playing a Sorc/Sage as a healer, and I'm trying to find out whether or not Crit is any good for me or if I should gear for straight Power. Can someone with a little more experience healing post-3.0 give me some idea of how much crit I want?

Jedi fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 14, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jedi posted:

I can corroborate this. Fun was had.

As for a question: I tried checking the guides on Dulfy, unfortunately it's not much help. I'm playing a Sorc/Sage as a healer, and I'm trying to find out whether or not Crit is any good for me or if I should gear for straight Power. Can someone with a little more experience healing post-3.0 give me some idea of how much crit I want?

Yanked this from a 3.0 corruption guide.

Stat Priority

There is a sort of debate going on with DPS players on whether to augment power or mainstat.
For healers I still favor mainstat because of what it does to crit in general and because of our relics. I like having the mainstat/power relic combination and using mainstat augments with those relics gives us a balanced spread of stat distribution. But that’s me. Others will likely disagree.

For the rest, I like to keep things simple. Here is what I’m working on with my Sage/Sorc healers.

Alacrity is now more important for healers. It speeds up everything so I’m looking to put 500 points of alacrity into my toons.

Power is still very good for healers so I’m working to get as close to 1450 as I can but Sages and Sorcs can go higher with power because crit isn’t as important as it is with the tech healers. Crit went unchanged with the 3.0 patch so my opinion on it is the same. Sage and Sorc healers can stay fairly low in crit and be just fine. I ran almost zero crit in 2.x and healed much of the NiM fights.

Surge can be important with 3.0 because Sage/Sorc’s will still do considerable casting. I’m thinking that 500 points will take care of things.

Part of why I love healing so much is that we are not tied to stat itemization as closely as tanks and dps are.

We are, though, tied to the poorly itemized gear that Bioware released with 3.0. My advice has always been to be smart about what gear tokens you get or/and how you spend your coms. Spend time preparation time to know ahead of time what the gear looks like before you win drops or spend coms.

I suggest you take a close look at the implants/earpieces from the token and com vendors. These are among our best options for quick stat adjustments.

I use legacy gear across two merc healers. The easiest way for me to make adjustments is to swap out implants on each toon as I need to without messing with the stat weighting on both toons.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
For anyone that bought the bundle with SoR + 2 month sub + 2400 CC coins from Amazon: do you get a code for each of these separately (ie a code for SoR, a code for a sub, a code for CC coins) or is it one code you redeem? I need to renew my sub and the bundle is only $10 more than a normal 2 month sub so I was thinking of grabbing it to get discounted CCs, but I already have SoR and it would be more enticing if I could give that code away to someone who didn't have the expansion.

Edit:
Amazon's Q&A section says it's one code that's redeemed on your account page as "Star Wars Amazon Bundle."

Casyl fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 14, 2015

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Are the battlegrounds (or whatever they're called) still restricted to a server or have they implemented cross-server ones? This was my biggest beef even though I enjoyed the PvP quite a bit with my marksman sniper - And I'm a terrible carebear.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does TNG still do raids?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dessel posted:

Are the battlegrounds (or whatever they're called) still restricted to a server or have they implemented cross-server ones? This was my biggest beef even though I enjoyed the PvP quite a bit with my marksman sniper - And I'm a terrible carebear.

No, still server only. If you're concerned about/want open world pvp, it doesn't really exist.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Baron Porkface posted:

Does TNG still do raids?

I think there's enough people playing now that someone could organize something, but the majority of the people that organized raids are either on hiatus or quit for the love of FF14. So who's gonna step up and be the next raid leader?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Getting kind of bored already at max level. Since I'm hearing there are actually pub players alive and kicking, what would be the best story to go through on the republic side. Farthest I ever got was 15 on my smugger to get the part for HK.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

veedubfreak posted:

Getting kind of bored already at max level. Since I'm hearing there are actually pub players alive and kicking, what would be the best story to go through on the republic side. Farthest I ever got was 15 on my smugger to get the part for HK.

They're all kinda samey. I liked the Jedi Consular but your mileage may vary.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

veedubfreak posted:

Dark side jedi knight is pretty interesting. I like the commando one, it's pretty much 'OORAH HEROISM' all the way through.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

Dark Side Trooper felt very Renegade Mass Effect to me, which was fun. Dark Side Counselor can be interesting too, especially when the Jedi Council calls and is like "you, umm, should stop doing that, okay?" Also there's a perfectly good reason in the story for you to go Dark Side, which is nice.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there any chance they will announce the next expansion at cantina/celebration?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 14, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm still a sucker for the Knight story. Sure it's the generic "you are the chosen one" story, but come on, it's Star Wars!

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

I'm still a sucker for the Knight story. Sure it's the generic "you are the chosen one" story, but come on, it's Star Wars!

Me too. All I ever wanted out of this game was to be a Jedi, and the knight storyline does that perfectly. I also enjoyed the consular storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Zarak does "The Funky Dance"

• Locked thread