Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

NeurosisHead posted:

Does anyone have a guide for leveling provisioning and alchemy as efficiently as possible?

Provisioning is easy, just do uh, green? Recipes of the highest level possible. You can just buy a couple hundred mats and churn it out.

Alchemy is two trait potions of any effects the highest level you can do. You don't need to do three ingredients, its same as two. Use a potion maker add on.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Been playing for a week or so now as a Dunmer nightblade and I have a few newbie questions, I feel like I must be missing something obvious with some of these:

How does one add more skills to the skill bar? I've unlocked a couple of weapon skills but all I have available on the bar are my class skills

Is there a quicker way to use potions in combat than having to open up the inventory and select them that way?

Should I be spreading my skill points across stamina, health and mana, or should I be focusing particularly on one of these?

Finally, can anyone recommend a leveling build for a DPS-focused nightblade? Since I've hit level 10 or so I find myself getting my poo poo wrecked on a fairly regular basis, which makes me feel like I must have gone wrong somewhere along the way in how I've been assigning skill points.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
1. Drag 'n drop, so just pick class skills off if you want to substitute with weapons
2. Set them up in quickslot, it's the second tab next to inventory proper. Hold down and cycle to relevant consumable.
3. Health is always good, but don't focus on it solely and pick magicka/stamina according to your skills.

I can't give any specifics, and this is a little later but Reaper's Mark (don't remember the unmorphed skill, it's either Assassination or Shadow) on single target, kill them from stealth with heavy attack to stun and once they die under the effect, it's a heal for you. Rinse and repeat for burst and sustain.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Owlkill posted:

Been playing for a week or so now as a Dunmer nightblade and I have a few newbie questions, I feel like I must be missing something obvious with some of these:

How does one add more skills to the skill bar? I've unlocked a couple of weapon skills but all I have available on the bar are my class skills

Is there a quicker way to use potions in combat than having to open up the inventory and select them that way?

Should I be spreading my skill points across stamina, health and mana, or should I be focusing particularly on one of these?

Finally, can anyone recommend a leveling build for a DPS-focused nightblade? Since I've hit level 10 or so I find myself getting my poo poo wrecked on a fairly regular basis, which makes me feel like I must have gone wrong somewhere along the way in how I've been assigning skill points.

Beaten on this, but you just drag n drop skills. Remember once you hit level 10 you have access to another bar via weapon swap.

Add any consumables to the quick slot. Go into your inventory, top right should be the quick slot menu. Drag items into the appropriate quick slots. Press and Hold Q to select a slot, tap Q to use item in selected slot.

For min/maxing stats you want to really choose between a Stamina build or a Magika build and put all/most of your stats into that and some into health until you're comfortable with not dying.

TESO's combat can be unforgiving if you're used to other MMOs. You can die VERY quickly if you take on 3+ mobs, don't actively dodge/move around, and you don't use all the evasive techniques available to your class. For NB you want to use your cloak + leeches to full effect, get some AOE from bow or dual wield, actively avoid red aoe/cone attacks, melee attackers, etc.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Beaten on this, but you just drag n drop skills. Remember once you hit level 10 you have access to another bar via weapon swap.
Level 15.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
10, 15...who's counting? :q:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Any ideas how long maint lasts usually?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wish there was an XPLOCK switch. I want to stay lvl 49 and just PVP.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

ShadowMoo posted:

Any ideas how long maint lasts usually?

Aw poo poo Maintenance again?!!? Last Monday it lasted until 2 or 3 pm EST. They always seem to do maintenance on my day off, fuckers. :doh:

Also YES to the XPLOCK. I am trying to grind materials so I can make some cotton sets for an alt but from killing dudes and looking for cotton on the ground I've just hit level 31 in Rivenspire. So I've pretty much out leveled most of the content in the zone just from trying to farm a bit of cotton. Boourns.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

NuckmasterJ posted:

Aw poo poo Maintenance again?!!? Last Monday it lasted until 2 or 3 pm EST. They always seem to do maintenance on my day off, fuckers. :doh:

Also YES to the XPLOCK. I am trying to grind materials so I can make some cotton sets for an alt but from killing dudes and looking for cotton on the ground I've just hit level 31 in Rivenspire. So I've pretty much out leveled most of the content in the zone just from trying to farm a bit of cotton. Boourns.

Use a guild store to buy a stack, it's usually not very expensive. Also deconstruct everything that you don't research, that helps too.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

NeurosisHead posted:

Here's a thing a lot of people don't realize - when you're looking at your map, your character model is holding a map up and reading it. Same with your inventory; your model is rooting around in a backpack. While I appreciate a minimap, I kind of like the compass with waypoints and having to actually look at a map to see where I'm specifically going.

Yeah I installed the Minimap then realized I hated squinting in the corner at it and would rather just hit M and look at a must larger map to ensure I'm heading in the right direction.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Crown Store update:

quote:

During this week’s maintenance windows, we will be releasing a collection of new offerings in the Crown Store. One of these items includes a svelte Senche-Leopard mount for 2,500 crowns, available for a limited time from April 16th at 10:30AM EDT through Monday, April 20th. (The option to purchase the Senche-Leopard mount will be removed from the Crown Store during the regular maintenance period on Monday, April 20th for North America and Tuesday, April 21st for Europe.)

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

All the other items, listed below, will be available long-term starting today (April 13th.)

Bundles
Once you open a bundle in your inventory, you can send individual Motifs to any character on your account. All Crafting Motifs are usable by one character on your account, and do not have a crafting level prerequisite.
Motif Bundle: Covenant Races (500 crowns)
Motif Bundle: Dominion Races (500 crowns)
Motif Bundle: Pact Races (500 crowns)
Motif Bundle: Rare Races (5,000 crowns)

Consumable – Crafting Motifs
All Crafting Motifs are usable by one character on your account, and do not have a crafting level prerequisite.
Crown Motif: High Elf (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Ancient Elf (1,500 crowns)
Crown Motif: Argonian (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Barbaric (1,500 crowns)
Crown Motif: Wood Elf (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Breton (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Daedric (1,500 crowns)
Crown Motif: Dark Elf (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Dwemer (5,000 crowns)
Crown Motif: Imperial (5,000 crowns)
Crown Motif: Khajiit (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Nord (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Orc (200 crowns)
Crown Motif: Primal (1,500 crowns)
Crown Motif: Redguard (200 crowns)

Consumables – Utility
The consumables below are usable by one character on your account, one time.
Skill Respec Scroll (700 crowns)
Attribute Respec Scroll (700 crowns)
Pledge of Mara (1,000 crowns)

Don't buy motifs from the crown store it isn't worth it. By the time you can actually afford to craft any of the rare stuff you'll be able to make enough money to just buy the motifs from guild stores.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
Bah, them selling those motifs puts the nix on them releasing any decent costumes any time soon.

Also holy poo poo they're charging a lot for those motifs.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
So I ended up buying the game and really enjoy it so far, though I want to play a wood elf and so few goons are.

This game does remind me more of Skyrim than the beta did, and is very good compared to beta. Just one question, are there dragons? Every time I see a red dot moving along my screen, I hope for a dragon. Also, are there any plans to have player housing eventually?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sorvah posted:

Bah, them selling those motifs puts the nix on them releasing any decent costumes any time soon.

Also holy poo poo they're charging a lot for those motifs.

If whales want to spend 50 dollars on what you can easily afford to buy just by stealing every day that's fine with me but yeah, do not spend real money on those.

I don't think it'll impact costume releases (there's been several datamined upcoming costumes like bard, noble, etc.) and the regular costumes are just mixing low level visual styles that you can't pull off crafting unless you want to run around in level 20 armor.

Unsure if I want to spring for the senche though I have the crowns. I wanted one for my low level khajiit alt but haven't touched them in like four weeks.

Desmond posted:

So I ended up buying the game and really enjoy it so far, though I want to play a wood elf and so few goons are.

This game does remind me more of Skyrim than the beta did, and is very good compared to beta. Just one question, are there dragons? Every time I see a red dot moving along my screen, I hope for a dragon. Also, are there any plans to have player housing eventually?

Dragons are mostly extinct or in hiding by the setting of ESO. There's a few (very few) around still (Tiber Septum had a pet dragon but that's like 300 years later) but I'd put it low on seeing a dragon though one may show up in a DLC eventually. There are daedra possessed dragon corpses called Titans which are a pain in the rear end though. That's kind of similar.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 13, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If they put rare provisioning recipes in the crown store they would make a mint. In the course of normal play I found every motif other than the rares (primal, barbaric, daedric, dwemer) before I hit VR1.

VVVVVVVV e: Especially once you get past like 5 traits or whatever and it takes a god drat week to research a single trait

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 13, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If 100 Crowns = 1 USD then that's 50 bucks for the Imperial and Dwemer motifs, and :lol: 7 bucks :lol: for one skill respec.

Save your crowns folks for the DLC.

If they want people to buy crowns and poo poo they need to put research scrolls that immediately teach you a trait withour having to wait a long rear end time to learn them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
they are aiming for whales just like any subsidized video game

also they gotta make back all that money they lost on the initial investment

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Captain Blackheart can go eat a pile of poo poo and choke on it. How are you supposed to avoid being overwhelmed by his crew when healer gets skellied :bang:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I'm kind of suspecting that crown prices for motifs are deliberately priced exorbitantly so as not to crash motif prices, a big source of income for many players. If all those prices were half of what they were it'd really be close to a point where it's tempting to not bother buying them in game for some people but at like fifty bucks it is very much for the more money than time/sense crowd.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Are the motifs that you buy from the crown store transferable?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Subjunctive posted:

Are the motifs that you buy from the crown store transferable?

If I read it right you can use them for any character on your account once you buy them.

VVVVVV e: yeah, everything that comes out of the crown store should be bound and not tradeable.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 13, 2015

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NeurosisHead posted:

If I read it right you can use them for any character on your account once you buy them.

But people won't be buying them to sell for in-game gold or anything.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Subjunctive posted:

But people won't be buying them to sell for in-game gold or anything.

They should be account bound, non-tradeable, as with everything in the crown store.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
Appealing to whales only works if you're actually providing something of value. There's certain games I play where I'll spend £200/£300 because money is an easier resource for me than time (and I have terrible impulse cntrol), but there is still an inherent value decision I make, even if I don't mind spending the money.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

Use a guild store to buy a stack, it's usually not very expensive. Also deconstruct everything that you don't research, that helps too.

Oh I do man. I've tried searching guild stores but lowbie mats for clothing seem rare. I decon everything on my sorc which is hilarious because his trade skills are almost as high as my main blacksmith crafter dude who has been crafting and deconstructing armour and weapons for 41 levels.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

When can I spend crowns on a larger bank?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Sorvah posted:

Appealing to whales only works if you're actually providing something of value. There's certain games I play where I'll spend £200/£300 because money is an easier resource for me than time (and I have terrible impulse cntrol), but there is still an inherent value decision I make, even if I don't mind spending the money.

gotta spend money to look pretty!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

eSporks posted:

When can I spend crowns on a larger bank?

I am surprised upgrading storage wasn't one of the first items in the store.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Fried Sushi posted:

Maybe they didn't want to seem to greedy. Start the store out small, then go into storage and player housing or some such thing. Only 200 Crowns for a deluxe troll head decoration!

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Fried Sushi posted:

This, and the ability to buy fully upgraded mounts.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I won a Barbaric motif from my trading guild's weekly raffle. Then I went and dropped 70k on the other 3 "rare" motifs (Daedric, Ancient Elf, Primal) and rounded out my collection. Now I'm just missing the Dwemer motif and I'll have a complete collection.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Tsarbomb posted:

So I'm playing in heavy armor swinging around a big sword, but I've decided to put a few points into restoration staff . I figured that during the siege engine exchange during a keep siege, it would be more useful to throw down some heals over standing around with my sword up my butt.

Anyone else do this or see value in this?

the thing that people can overlook about the resto staff is that it's got a pretty powerful basic attack with a long range that restores your magicka (and can also passively heal if you get the skill). I had a tank that was sword/shield and bow, and there was really nothing useful i could do with a bow that i couldn't do with the resto staff basic attack and earthen heart spells, so i switched over and it's a lot better. you don't actually have to heal people with a resto staff - beacuse it's a tank and not specced for magicka i just use regen and force siphon because they're cheap

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The real bottleneck is in the racial style items, which are fairly rare. Dwemer frames go for about 2500g a piece which for a full set of gear and 3-4 weapons equipped you're look at the same cost as picking up a book of one of the rare motifs at a okay price. That'd pretty pricey when in comparison one of the normal racial styles is effectively free even if you buy the style items from an NPC. So anyone picking up one of the real rare books still would have to spend a good chunk of change for any items crafted.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

vug posted:

the thing that people can overlook about the resto staff is that it's got a pretty powerful basic attack with a long range that restores your magicka (and can also passively heal if you get the skill). I had a tank that was sword/shield and bow, and there was really nothing useful i could do with a bow that i couldn't do with the resto staff basic attack and earthen heart spells, so i switched over and it's a lot better. you don't actually have to heal people with a resto staff - beacuse it's a tank and not specced for magicka i just use regen and force siphon because they're cheap

Yeah, you get like 20% of your magicka back on the last tick of the restoration staff heavy attack. You'll see all of the FotM builds are some permutation of of 2 hander/bow; all that really matters is that you're having fun because everything is viable with a little creativity.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Knocking people off buildings is a viable strategy for kills again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep63BL22STo

Guess it's time to slot the Templar Javelin!

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 14, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's even a morph of it that goes off of stamina now too!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Huh, so apparently there's a thing with Sorcerers that gives them access to a THIRD hotbar when using Energy Overload.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Huh, so apparently there's a thing with Sorcerers that gives them access to a THIRD hotbar when using Energy Overload.
Look at this scrub, doesn't know about the 3rd hotbar. Ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Can I get an invite to Ebonheart Pact (saying EP is too close to ERP for my tastes) guild? @ProtonDecay

• Locked thread