Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

There are references to 52 all over the place. The new channel they watch, the number listed on the wall of no lunch supermax. There are a bunch if you look.

They use 52 pretty much every time they need to pull a random number out of their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Valeyard posted:

Perhaps the new Arrow Cave, since the current one is going to get found out by Lance sometime soon. I don't think they can stay based under Verdant for much longer. That would be an underwhelming reveal though

Unless it's located in the basement of Nanda Parbat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It would make more sense to move the League's HQ to Starling. The large influx of ninjas would be the kind of economic stimulus Starling desperately needs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's gonna be the Hall of Justice.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Valeyard posted:

Perhaps the new Arrow Cave, since the current one is going to get found out by Lance sometime soon. I don't think they can stay based under Verdant for much longer. That would be an underwhelming reveal though

I'm still upset they haven't shown backup Arrow Cave since that one time around season 2? I think it was when his mom died and Oliver went to mope. Dig couldn't find him but then Waller tracked him down because she was all smug and "did you really think we had no idea what you were up to?". And then they haven't mentioned it since, despite current Arrow Cave being compromised by Barrowman, Nyssa, Thea, Cupid and god knows what else.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

I'm still upset they haven't shown backup Arrow Cave since that one time around season 2? I think it was when his mom died and Oliver went to mope. Dig couldn't find him but then Waller tracked him down because she was all smug and "did you really think we had no idea what you were up to?". And then they haven't mentioned it since, despite current Arrow Cave being compromised by Barrowman, Nyssa, Thea, Cupid and god knows what else.

Jeez I completely forgot about that place

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well if it was under a Queen Co. building it's too risky to go back to now.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I was surprised we didn't see it when he went back to Starling in the flashbacks.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

Well if it was under a Queen Co. building it's too risky to go back to now.

Move it under a Wayne Enterprises construction site.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahaha so this happened

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hahaha, wow.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh my god

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Awesome.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
They seem to be having fun with it.

The only rule of superhero fight club is damnit ray how hard is it to show up on time

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

:swoon:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That is some serious effort/production just for a gag/commercial. Ray is still the best. :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Excuse me is this supposed to be canon????

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
It looks like when The Flash is going against Captain Cold and Heatwave and transitions to going against the Reverse Flash, that he's tripped while the RF is still on the outside of the cage, like he grabs Flashes foot and then runs in

spoiled so that it doesn't ruin the surprise

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

VDay posted:

Ray is still the best. :allears:

I am still holding out hope that the shrinking nano-bot medicine stuff ends up being a backdoor to actual shrinking Atom. Ray's a great character but his current incarnation of 'basically Iron Man' makes several other possible DC characters redundant (Blue Beetle, maybe Booster Gold?)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Okay, that got me pumped for more Flash and Arrow.

I love being alive in this particular time and place.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Okay, that got me pumped for more Flash and Arrow.

I love being alive in this particular time and place.

Yeah it's a good time to be a comic books fan.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I wasn't even really a huge comic book fan before these shows and the MCU started. My knowledge of DC lore began and ended with the cartoon shows.

To be fair, I'm still not that big a fan of DC comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heat Wave being super excited about Firestorm was great.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"Awesome!" is easily the best line in that whole thing, holy poo poo. I love that Cold and Heatwave are the types of villains that would hang out with the good guys in their gym every once in a while.

"That weirdo called again, wants another arrow shaped Chandelier. Twice as big as the last one."

This promo also serves as a good response to "Are you worried about how positively Daredevil was received?" The two shows are clearly not even trying to be the same thing, even though it sorta looks that way on the surface.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 13, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't be that the spinoff?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The GTL League. just all the characters cleaning their suits, trying to get even tans in facemasks on, and hitting the gym.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It would be a fun way to introduce the spinoff, with a sequel video with like "Now entering the arena: Hawkgirl"

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Valeyard posted:

It would be a fun way to introduce the spinoff, with a sequel video with like "Now entering the arena: Hawkgirl"

That would be great.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:swoon:

I guess we know what's underneath the old Queen Consolidated building.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 13, 2015

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's just phenomenal :flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Pick on someone your own speed." :flashfap:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Goddamn this is loving great. There is zero reason this shouldn't just be in an actual episode.

If CW-Verse went full-in on silver age-y, Batman Brave and the Bold (cartoon) poo poo like this I'd be so 110% back on board. Hell, Flash is pretty much there... time to catch up, Arrow! Embrace the goatee!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

XboxPants posted:

Goddamn this is loving great. There is zero reason this shouldn't just be in an actual episode.

If CW-Verse went full-in on silver age-y, Batman Brave and the Bold (cartoon) poo poo like this I'd be so 110% back on board. Hell, Flash is pretty much there... time to catch up, Arrow! Embrace the goatee!

The CW is prone to make gimmicky episodes the longer a show runs for (I'm looking at you, Supernatural), so who knows, maybe one day. I'd still rather have my Music Meister episode first though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bring back Helena and do the fighting pit episode from JLU.

(And kill her at the end.)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Krad posted:

The CW is prone to make gimmicky episodes the longer a show runs for (I'm looking at you, Supernatural), so who knows, maybe one day. I'd still rather have my Music Meister episode first though.

Good point, it's important to do that first. Perhaps the most important thing they could do. It'd probably have to be a crossover, though, so they could get Grant Gustin, Jesse Martin, Carlos Valdes, AND the Barrowman.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

XboxPants posted:

Good point, it's important to do that first. Perhaps the most important thing they could do. It'd probably have to be a crossover, though, so they could get Grant Gustin, Jesse Martin, Carlos Valdes, AND the Barrowman.

You'll want Cosnett and Ramsey in that lineup too.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Music Meister episode needs to happen and it needs to star Neil Patrick Harris.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

XboxPants posted:

The new set they're building is going to be a hipster barber shop

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Heat Wave being super excited about Firestorm was great.

This was my favorite part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The CW loves us SO MUCH.

• Locked thread