Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mindblast posted:

I can't find the original thread, odds are I am blind, so here is the final chapter of Voynich Hotel. A rather quick end but the whole drat thing is weird as hell so it sorta suits it I guess? Either way the ride was absurd and good so :toot:.
I had a good time with Voynich. Still holding out for it to get licensed one of these days, unlikely as that is.

My first thoughts on seeing Taizou's new eyepatch were "D'aww, now they match."

EDIT: Wait a minute, where's the hotel manager and the suicidal chef? Why didn't those two get an epilogue?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The hotel is still there, so just assume that they are doing all right.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, but it's been awhile since either of them were relevant. Would've been nice to see them one last time; you know, for the road.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The cook was never relevant.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's a feelgood bizarro black comedy, very few characters are ultimately relevant. Just think it would've been nice to see a few more of them, long as we're doing a "Where are they now?" epilogue.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There was a new chapter of And Still The Town Turns.

E: And a new March Comes in Like a Lion

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 2, 2015

coathat
May 21, 2007

Hotori will solve this mystery.

And God bless April lion.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

he eats cake with his hands?

march lion is the best and i just started to read soremachi and it is real good. two of my favorite mangas at the moment

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

wait what hte heck is lamune?

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

do they mean ramune like the soda? im so confused.

----------------

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like you can make candy out of it too.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

another early fukumoto oneshot was released, That Man's Trumpet. Didn't like it as much as The Night the Stars Fall but still good.

http://bato.to/read/_/313924/fukumoto-nobuyukis-oneshot-collections_v1_ch8_by_fkmtkrazy

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Bambino Secondo chapter.

The first part was quite interesting, with the critic and Ban bonding, and Ban learning what it actually means to be a food critic. Then it becomes dumb, but that's par for the course I guess.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, Ban finding out that the guy is at least as serious about being a food critic as Ban is about being a chef was cool and then we kinda slipped into a lamer version of Shokugeki No Souma.

coathat
May 21, 2007

How about not reading bad manga.

Some one shots by Kuroda Iou (Japan Tengu Pary, Nasu). http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/daikinboshi-r15019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

coathat posted:

Some one shots by Kuroda Iou (Japan Tengu Pary, Nasu). http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/daikinboshi-r15019

I keep reading because I keep hoping it'll become as good as Bambino :smith:

(Also because it takes me literally five minutes every couple weeks, kinda like I keep reading Bleach, it's like watching a slow-mo trainwreck, horrible but you can't look away.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Magical Girls of the Apocalypse 22, wherein a new possible party member appears, maybe not the most unexpected one, but definitely the most welcome one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

The art is really strong, the opening chapter especially reminded me a lot of Moebius's work.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Dude read his other stuff he's off the charts good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

Dude read his other stuff he's off the charts good.

I started reading Sexy Voice and Robo and its real cool.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter Boku Dake ga Inai Machi!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The last two chapters of The Magician's Bride explore Elias' backstory a little, and really throw new light on some things.
Dude used to eat people, which is kinda gauche imo

http://bato.to/read/_/314638/mahou-tsukai-no-yome_ch17_by_maigo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What, do people expect Elias to NOT be born of an eldritch abomination?

He is BEEP BOOP WHAT IS LOVE except magical: the character

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Captain Invictus posted:

He is BEEP BOOP WHAT IS LOVE except magical: the character
Baby don't hurt me...

And yeah, obviously he's an "other" or whatever, I meant more that it explains his relationship with Lindel, his personal background and such.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
87 Clockers updated

It's pretty funny that Mike has unambiguously been a complete rear end in a top hat to Hana the entire series and it took him 'selling' her to a millionaire in the hopes that she funds his OC habit that she finally realized he didn't see her as anything but a source of income and an annoyance.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March Comes in Like a Lion 48

That guy! Man, gently caress that guy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

In the latest Maoyuu: unlikely alliances, an explaination about just how much manpower it takes to wage war (including supplying the front lines with food and weapons), and... eyeballs :stare:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

New chapter of hard "Rape Freak" is insanely epic. Bye.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/150413/afr1504130016-n1.html

Log Horizon / Maou Maoyuu Yuusha author arrested for tax evasion

GOD loving drat IT

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/150413/afr1504130016-n1.html

Log Horizon / Maou Maoyuu Yuusha author arrested for tax evasion

GOD loving drat IT

Considering how a lot of his writing ended up being about economics, I'm not actually very surprised by this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It doesn't necessarily surprise me, but it still sucks

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
He researched economics and came to the conclusion that taxes are bullshit. How about the rest of you sheeple wake up too. Rand Paul 2016.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
well at least now the Seinen thread can talk about a series a little less creepy like Boku wa Mari no Naka :)
RIP in jail :)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So like... what does this mean for Log Horizon and Maoyuu? Did he lose his publishing contracts, or is he gonna be writing from jail, or is it going on hiatus, or what?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So like... what does this mean for Log Horizon and Maoyuu? Did he lose his publishing contracts, or is he gonna be writing from jail, or is it going on hiatus, or what?

Maoyuu is completed (LN series, manga is behind ofc). Dunno about Log Horizon.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I don't see why he would lose the existing publishing contracts unless there's a moral turpitude clause, which I kinda doubt. The bigger issue is whether he can get future contracts, but that's unlikely to be too much of a problem; it's not like the entertainment industry won't hire talent with scandal or criminal records in their history, and people will find new things to get outraged over soon enough that this will end up a footnote.

If NHK has exclusive rights to air future seasons of the anime but refuses to do so or relinquish those rights, I think that might be a sign that someone at NHK has it out for Mamare, but we won't be able to see that for a while.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

much ado about nothing, it seems

http://zakitakubu.com/2015/04/14/touno-mamare-settles-taxation-case/

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Thank you so much to whoever posted The Hard I didn't know my life so desperately needed 80s action movie meets weird racism meets Japanese nationalism and also violence.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
A new chapter of Berserk where is it? Did Miura just quit, or is foul play involved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
You must be new to berserk