Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Plane ticket to go visit my boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Plane ticket to go visit my boyfriend.

wow he's hot

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Yeah, and it's nice to see someone still trolling the old-fashioned way.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PleasusChrist posted:

This is like 3 months old, and a couple of you bought one. How are you liking it now? Would you still recommend it?

Yes, hands down, or up, buy it

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

SLOSifl posted:

I just checked (and I'm glad you said that). It's mini-USB. I have a ton of USB cables so that's fine as long as I remember to bring one.

Yeah those are getting kind of rare now though. I'm gonna get a short mini-USB cable and stick it in one of the replacement brush spots inside the case. The one that came with the case didn't fit inside.

Also remember to remove the brush and run it under water every time you use it. The main unit will last much longer.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought a new tire because nails on the road is an unfortunate thing

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SaltLick posted:

I bought a new tire because nails on the road is an unfortunate thing

This, but in my case an 8" deep pothole I couldn't see after dark put a bulge in the sidewall.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Zwille posted:

Huh? Mine uses mini USB, did I miss something? Sure would love to charge the thing on the same cable as my Kindle.

There's a chrome base that plugs into the wall and a glass cup that sits on it in which you can place the toothbrush to charge wirelessly. Didn't you get one in the box?

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

tomstuart posted:

i have a slightly lesser model sonicare and have had it for about a year and a half and i absolutely love it

i use it and a waterpik and the two of them are great together

i dont like the cost of replacement brush heads though, they are pricy

SLOSifl posted:

I got one based on that post. It's a great toothbrush. I would recommend it for sure.

My wife and I are each still using the original set of heads it came with, and I just got more from Amazon (a lot cheaper than Rite-Aid, I saw the price and bought it on my phone instead, while in the store).

The charging cup thing is a great idea too. It's nice that it comes with a handy charging/travel case that uses micro USB for charging.

Tea Bone posted:

I bought one recently after someone recommended it in the product recommendations thread. Absolutely worth it, my teeth feel insanely clean all the time now. It advertises that it whitens them in (I think) a week, I've been using it for a month or so now and they do seem whiter. (Although this might be because I'm looking for it.)

SpartanIV posted:

I'm digging my toothbrush. It's the first time in basically forever that my gums dont bleed after brushing. My teeth also feel super clean afterward. I haven't ventured into using any of the extra settings yet but the normal clean mode is awesome.

The only minor complaint I have is that the vibrations are annoying, especially when you accidentally touch the hard plastic to your teeth. You more or less get used to it though and my teeth are far cleaner now so I'd say it's worth it.

Sappo569 posted:

Yes, hands down, or up, buy it

Thank you all for the feedback. I just bought a $200 toothbrush....

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have an old Oral B electric brush. Is the thing a huge increase in quality over it? I've probably had it for like 5 years so I dunno if magic electric toothbrush technology has massively improved or anything.

It looks pretty cool.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

why not just feature my own collection of skulls

You need a wacky buddy to have a good show imho. You guys could get into a fight when the maid accidentally mixes up your skulls. Maybe you both have a date on the same night night and want to wear the same elk cape? A love triangle involving a shy taxidermist who is always letting his flesh-eating beetles escape?

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I can hear that Weekender from here.

I bought a Lamy Safari fountain pen. I had heard good things and I have not been let down. This pen is amazing.

Yes I am white.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

derekcooper posted:

I can hear that Weekender from here.

I bought a Lamy Safari fountain pen. I had heard good things and I have not been let down. This pen is amazing.

Yes I am white.

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Content: I might not do it just yet but I really want to snag this off Ebay:

It's very elegant and clean and just generally SO PRETTY. But also drat expensive.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

derekcooper posted:

This has been my go to pen for years now as other (more expensive) fountains come and go.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

strangemusic posted:

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Content: I might not do it just yet but I really want to snag this off Ebay:

It's very elegant and clean and just generally SO PRETTY. But also drat expensive.

this is a legit question, why do people buy knives like this? What function does it provide that a box cutter does not? or a pocket knife. Surely you aren't doing much more with it than things around the house

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

strap on revenge posted:

this is a legit question, why do people buy knives like this? What function does it provide that a box cutter does not? or a pocket knife. Surely you aren't doing much more with it than things around the house

That is a pocket knife though? Admittedly, it is on the large size but Spyderco makes great knives that will last a lifetime. I have tried a ton of box cutter type knives but they all either suck to carry, are poorly made, or wildly unsafe to stick in your pocket. Modern locking blade knives are so much better and safer then old style friction lock knives that there is little reason to carry an older style one unless you just like it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

strap on revenge posted:

You find uses for them. I cut boxes, tape, packages, wrapping etc. Sure you can carry a box cutter, but those things are huge.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

BREWED FOR GOOD TIMES

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

strap on revenge posted:

Well first things first this is a pocketknife. And it's really really pretty. It has a lot of the design elements that I think Spyderco has done well (leaf shape, flat grind, closed back, lockback, G10 material on the handles, really high quality steel that's not too hard to sharpen), all in one model. It's a long blade, but light and slim overall, which is good. I would probably take it camping a lot this summer if I got it. I harbour no right to bear arms urban ninja stabby stab delusions, if that's what you're getting at.

As for why not use a Swiss Army: it's mostly a lot of compromises all in one device.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Apr 14, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bunnielab posted:

You need a wacky buddy to have a good show imho. You guys could get into a fight when the maid accidentally mixes up your skulls. Maybe you both have a date on the same night night and want to wear the same elk cape? A love triangle involving a shy taxidermist who is always letting his flesh-eating beetles escape?

If a guy's dermestids got out I would break his face in.

strap on revenge posted:

You use them all the time. Breaking down boxes, cutting twine, removing slivers, etc.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I bought gta5 finally since it got cheap enough thanks to exchange rates. only 14 more hours until the download is done!!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Robawesome posted:

There's a chrome base that plugs into the wall and a glass cup that sits on it in which you can place the toothbrush to charge wirelessly. Didn't you get one in the box?

Talking about the travel case for that thing, which has a mini USB jack for charging. The chrome base plugs right into the outlet, no USB.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
More Rod Serling goodness.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

:smug:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of... I bought some tickets to the Giants vs Padres game next month. No pics because they don't ship the tickets until like 2 days before the game, fuckers.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Sweet coffee maker!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Clipless pedals are starting to look less and less like pedals.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Allen wrench testing platform?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gun sights

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Beard comb and advanced stuck Lego piece remover

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Double edge razor.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Steampunk trenchcoat accessories.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Vaporizer holder.

crumby
Feb 13, 2012
Slame whale cuck machine :grinningxd;

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I know the bottom is an offset Scout light mount, but is the top a sling swivel or a barricade stop?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought my first ever tablet. I knew I didnt need a super powerful one, I'm just using it for some apps and Netflix and pdfs and stuff. Decided on an Asus MeMO 7, and it is pretty groovy so far. Sprung for the better than base model, the me572c. :toot:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SLOSifl posted:

I went with the Sport and mine's June. :(

omg samesies. :(

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Great start to the riding season. New PR4 rear tire since my brand new PR4 rear tire happened to find a lovely piece of wire on the road with around 100 miles on it. I'll just keep the old one and plug it and keep it for an 'god drat it not again' tire.

(I know that's a front tire in the photo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Suunto Quest GPS Pack for when going kayaking.

Comes with the watch in black, GPS pod, and heart rate monitor.