Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

It tried to use A-counters. It failed miserably.
Yeah, it never got off the ground. He tried to pull off a sick Crop Circles/Supply Unit combo, but he accidentally did it in the wrong order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I knew a dude who was so hype to build Aliens in 2014 and seeing his disappointment when it never worked was heartbreaking.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cabinet posted:

I knew a dude who was so hype to build Aliens in 2014 and seeing his disappointment when it never worked was heartbreaking.

I can see it. Speaking of which, tonight will be the night that I will be finishing two decks which I believe were some of the most fun I've had in YGO:

Assault Mode - Stardust Dragon Assault Mode was truly a spectacle to behold when it hit the field. It's time to bring back that machine of madness to the game.

Zefra - This deck is by far the hardest deck to optimize in Yugioh. Making this one work has been something I've been contemplating for a while. For sheer entertainment purposes as well, I'm trying to make it so that the deck can summon Sophia - Goddess of Rebirth, who I believe is the hardest monster to summon in the entire game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Endorph posted:

Yeah, it never got off the ground. He tried to pull off a sick Crop Circles/Supply Unit combo, but he accidentally did it in the wrong order.

What was he trying to do?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dexie posted:

What was he trying to do?
Supply Unit lets you draw a card when a minion is destroyed by battle or by a a card effect. Crop Circles destroys some of your minions to special summon another of a level equal to the ones you destroyed. But he activated Crop Circles first, so his draw engine hosed up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

Supply Unit lets you draw a card when a minion is destroyed by battle or by a a card effect. Crop Circles destroys some of your minions to special summon another of a level equal to the ones you destroyed. But he activated Crop Circles first, so his draw engine hosed up.

That wouldn't work, even if he did it in the right order. Crop Circles doesn't destroy monsters, it sends them to the graveyard instead.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

That wouldn't work, even if he did it in the right order. Crop Circles doesn't destroy monsters, it sends them to the graveyard instead.

Furthermore, Supply Unit is a once-per-turn effect. He would have only got one draw out of it anyways, if Crop Circles did destroy.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 13, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Indeed Crop Circles is meant to use on brainwashed monsters, not your own. If anything the combo would worked better with Offerings to the Snake Deity or A-Cell Scatter Burst but even then is a pretty subpar play.

Aliens aren't a meta deck but are incredibly fun as long you know what are you doing.

On slower formats an abduction variant was tons of fun but very unreliable, the most viable variant is Gol'gar control. Using its effect to get plus by recycling traps and spells. It's been a while since I used my alien deck but the most popular options back then were Fiendish, Swords of Revealing Light and Safe Zone, I liked to mix things up using floodgates like Mask of Restriction, Anti-Spell Fragrance and Grave of the Super Ancient Organism but the deck lacked a reliable way to deal with XYZ.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Supply Squad is not a good card! I don't understand why people keep trying to make it work.

Even AznEyes gave up after a week and realized how bad it is.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If Aliens got another tuner they would probably be tier 2. Gol'gar is that good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

If Aliens got another tuner they would probably be tier 2. Gol'gar is that good.

I'm holding out hope that they'll get legacy support sometime soon. They need another Tuner and a way to get King of the Feral Imps out faster.

Can we please have Rescue Rabbit back at 2, Konami? That would help a bunch.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

I think otherwise; if Gol'gar could bounce any spells/traps without the opponent being able to respond, then he'd be that good. However, he can't, and has too many outs going against him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More than another tuner, what the Aliens need is a reliable searcher. If Mush'ki were level 4 the consistency on the deck would get a huge boost.

In general that is a huge crux for the archetype, great effects that are held up by its restrictions. Mother would be a beast with the reduction effect, Hypno would be absurd were not Gemini and so on.

That being said, it would be pretty nice to get an XYZ.

EDIT: That's why you bounce your own spells and traps and use the counters to clear backrow with its other effect or Telepath's.

Ancient Code A Ruins is absurd with a Gol'gar on field

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 13, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Anyone have a devpro/ygopro save that have majority of the game's archetype/theme deck?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

I think otherwise; if Gol'gar could bounce any spells/traps without the opponent being able to respond, then he'd be that good. However, he can't, and has too many outs going against him.

In todays meta that's compuls and archetype solemn judgements and they stop pretty much everything at the moment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Anyone have a devpro/ygopro save that have majority of the game's archetype/theme deck?
Googling got me this dropbox with a lot of random theme decks. Some of them are massively out of date banlist wise but they seem to cover a wide spectrum. Can't speak for how well they're made though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Endorph posted:

Googling got me this dropbox with a lot of random theme decks.
Wow, thanks! I will patch them up and save myself a lot of time.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 13, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT: That's why you bounce your own spells and traps and use the counters to clear backrow with its other effect or Telepath's.

Ancient Code A Ruins is absurd with a Gol'gar on field

Ammonite, Gol'gar and Code A are the only good support the archetype ever got sadly. :(

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Xoidanor posted:

Ammonite, Gol'gar and Code A are the only good support the archetype ever got sadly. :(

Its a shame, aliens are a really cool archetype. I would take it any day over black crows.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Gol'gar is really loving great if you manage to get it out early and have a good set up. Otherwise you're hosed.

If Aliens were to get support they'd need a bunch of it. New tuners, searchers and (imo) a counter trap maybe. Their biggest problem is the inconsistent nature of the deck. If Reptiles were to get support in general it would help solve some of their problems though. That would at least bump them up a few notches at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

Gol'gar is really loving great if you manage to get it out early and have a good set up. Otherwise you're hosed.

If Aliens were to get support they'd need a bunch of it. New tuners, searchers and (imo) a counter trap maybe. Their biggest problem is the inconsistent nature of the deck. If Reptiles were to get support in general it would help solve some of their problems though. That would at least bump them up a few notches at least.

An early Gol'gar is nice but a good setup is more important. The attack reduction effect it gives Aliens a significative edge and Code A guarantees you will always have Aliens ready for battle.

Truth is, the meta is just too fast for them. They need A-counters to thrive but is hard to see a monster last more than turn these days.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

An early Gol'gar is nice but a good setup is more important. The attack reduction effect it gives Aliens a significative edge and Code A guarantees you will always have Aliens ready for battle.

Truth is, the meta is just too fast for them. They need A-counters to thrive but is hard to see a monster last more than turn these days.

Really, if the meta speeding up didn't kill them, XYZs sure as hell did.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Really, if the meta speeding up didn't kill them, XYZs sure as hell did.
King of the Feral Imps give them a noticeable boost, at least. Using Rescue Rabbit to make King with two Alien Shocktroopers is an instant Gol'gar setup. It's just hard to do that these days with Rabbit at Limited status. :sigh:

Cabinet posted:

If Reptiles were to get support in general it would help solve some of their problems though. That would at least bump them up a few notches at least.
Reptiles are right up there with Insects and Pyros in terms of undersupported monster types. I'd love for them to get more attention from Konami, but...you know. Gotta make more poo poo for Warriors and Dragons! :v:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dexie posted:

Reptiles are right up there with Insects and Pyros in terms of undersupported monster types. I'd love for them to get more attention from Konami, but...you know. Gotta make more poo poo for Warriors and Dragons! :v:

I expect Wyrm to be joining that club pretty soon too.

Also Psychics would be in that group if it were't for E-Tele imo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's kind of pathetic how hard Konami dropped the ball on Wyrms.

That being said, we didn't need them to make a new monster type in the first place!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm holding out hope for Wyrms not being shitcanned because they are so new. But it's been two sets and minimal support so I'm getting very wary.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of monster types, what are the fun psychic archtypes?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

I'm holding out hope for Wyrms not being shitcanned because they are so new. But it's been two sets and minimal support so I'm getting very wary.

Eh, I would say they're already shitcanned. Compare them to Psychics who had tons of generic support right off the bat, were heavily featured in the anime, and who managed to be part of one of the strongest decks in the history of the game (TeleDAD).

Wyrms are just...kind of there, you know?

Red Suit posted:

There's no pure Psychic archetype, but Gustos and Ritual Beasts both are half Psychic, half other things.

Generic Psychics are the way to go. They can spam the field pretty hard with Synchro monsters.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dexie posted:

Eh, I would say they're already shitcanned. Compare them to Psychics who had tons of generic support right off the bat, were heavily featured in the anime, and who managed to be part of one of the strongest decks in the history of the game (TeleDAD).

Wyrms are just...kind of there, you know?

There's no pure Psychic archetype, but Gustos and Ritual Beasts both are half Psychic, half other things.

Yang-Zing were in the meta for like a week though!! :sigh:

One of my favorite uses of Psychic monsters was in Madolche. They were mostly just a tech so you can use E-Tele but it was still rad as hell.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yang Zing were only in the meta because people overhyped them and didn't realize how easy they were to get past.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What exactly makes the Yang Zing so easy? I've only ever played them with my Blue-Eyes stuff so they just get to swarm the field forever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If you banish them or return them to the hand or shuffle them back into the deck, you stop their swarming in it's tracks.

They're fairly reliant on their backrow stuff too, so if you can blow that up or keep it from activating (Denko Sekka!), they can't do much there, either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want reptiles to get support because Vennominaga is the coolest alternate win condition ever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

I want reptiles to get support because Vennominaga is the coolest alternate win condition ever.

I got relative success by adding Vennominaga to a pure Worm deck. With the right hand you could get her in the second turn with at least 3k on attack. :allears:

Then Future Fusion was banned :sigh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Red Suit posted:

Heraldic Beasts.

Also, I'll never understand this thread wanting Future Fusion back.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Slur posted:

Heraldic Beasts.

You can't understand the desire for POWER! UNLIMITED PURE loving POWER!

I think you may have brain problems.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally got a chance to watch the new episode of Arc-V, and I want today to be next week right loving now. Badass dueling mother character!? Oh yeah. Get loving hype! Now, I want the flashback episode on how Yoko and Yusho met. :black101:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Future Fusion's a cool card. Then again I'm also the guy who'd be totally cool with Chaos Emperor Dragon being brought back.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Future Fusion's a cool card. Then again I'm also the guy who'd be totally cool with Chaos Emperor Dragon being brought back.

CED got errata'd, and it wouldn't be bad coming back now with all the trap counters to it.

Future Fusion, if I were to errata it, would banish the monsters in the deck face down, so that their effects would not activate nor could they be used as graveyard fodder for other stupid cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Slur posted:

Heraldic Beasts.

If you can't understand the thrill of drawing 3 Blue-Eyes and summoning a Red Eyes and making Joey and Kaiba proud then I don't know what to tell you