Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Your cornerbacks looked like studs out on the islands during that game.

I'm not a VT fan, but I can't disagree with the fact that no one was able to leave OSU receivers on islands all game like VT did.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I didn't want to get greedy, otherwise I would have asked for Braxton Miller not to be hurt, the line not to play like Jim Bollman was coaching them again and Ezekiel Elliott to have more than 8 rushing attempts. Plus that would divert too much blame from Corey Smith who is just the absolute worst receiver.

e. All the Dr. Lou talk reminds me I saw a guy this weekend wearing a t-shirt commemorating Notre Dame's undefeated 2012 season. That seems like the type of thing you'd only wear to mock a friend of yours that was a Notre Dame fan.

Corey Smith - Best gunner, worst goddamn receiver.

Just a reminder too that Herman basically called the same 3 run plays the whole game and the entire reason Urban expanded the run game playbook was a matter of reaction to that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I was curious so I checked out Purdue's 2015 football schedule. 1-11 sounds about right. The only win is going to come against FCS Indiana State on Sept. 12 -- kind of hilarious that they scheduled an FCS opponent on a short week following a road trip to Marshall (which, even though Rakeem Cato no longer plays for them, still should be a tough out). After that, the schedule looks like:

Virginia Tech, Bowling Green, @Michigan State, Minnesota, @Wisconsin, BYE, Nebraska, Illinois, @Northwestern, @Iowa, Indiana

Getting Illinois at home after that six-game stretch must feel like how Guantanamo detainees feel when they eat at a restaurant for the first time since their capture. That is the Boilermakers' only chance at a Big Ten victory this season unless one of those final three royally fucks up. Not sure what Darrell Hazell's job security is but, well, he should probably start packing just in case.

e: Purdue does have an offensive tackle from Sweden and this guy on their team so there are reasons to like the Boilermakers.

The ghost of Beano Cook

Purdue showed signs of life and improvement in Hazzell's 2nd year and they don't have to play Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State from the east. I feel like we could eek out 4 or 5 wins from a combo of ISU, Indiana, Illinois, BGSU, Minnesota, and Marshall. In fact I think Hazzell's job depends on beating Indiana and picking up 4-5 games and showing more signs of life.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Let's not complain toooo much about the 1 loss of a national championship season. The VT loss was key to the team making changes and in the end it resulted in a sweet golden vagina trophy.

That said, I hope they go nuts @VT this year.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
So at Nebraska's spring game last Saturday, whichever team Tommy Armstrong was playing for was backed up near their own goal line; OC Danny Langsdorf told Armstrong via radio "not to take a safety" but Armstrong missed the first part and kneeled in the end zone.

That's OK though, it's not like he has started ~20 games or anyth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

So at Nebraska's spring game last Saturday, whichever team Tommy Armstrong was playing for was backed up near their own goal line; OC Danny Langsdorf told Armstrong via radio "not to take a safety" but Armstrong missed the first part and kneeled in the end zone.

That's OK though, it's not like he has started ~20 games or anyth

So THAT'S what happened? We were in South stadium and had no idea why they took a safety going in to "half".

At least Darlington looked good throwing the ball? v:shobon:v

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Droopy Dogs suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Wonder what Holtz will do now that he has retired. Then it reminded me of that 2007 Auburn/Florida game where he said Auburn's chances of winning were about as good as his chances of being elected as Florida's senator. So maybe he'll go into politics.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Urban Meyer is now getting paid 6.5 per

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Morby posted:

Wonder what Holtz will do now that he has retired. Then it reminded me of that 2007 Auburn/Florida game where he said Auburn's chances of winning were about as good as his chances of being elected as Florida's senator. So maybe he'll go into politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQi5waf12M

lol Lou loving sucked at his job

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Clearly this is just a part of the buildup for his glorious Senate run.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Lou Holtz's next job is as a cadaver

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:rip: Lou.

Here's to Dick Vitale being the next old sports homer to get canned.

aquaper
Apr 3, 2009

Morby posted:

Maybe Coach K hires him as a full-time court jester.

Oops... I was thinking of Vitale. Although it makes me smile thinking of Holtz in a leprechaun suit prancing around Cameron Indoor.

aquaper fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 13, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chinatown posted:

:rip: Lou.

Here's to Dick Vitale being the next old sports homer to get canned.

he pretty much already got canned given he wasn't used at all for the big NCAA games this year especially Duke/NC.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

he pretty much already got canned given he wasn't used at all for the big NCAA games this year especially Duke/NC.

He just got bumped down to the featured team in favor of Bilas, he still calls a bunch of games. They're phasing him out as the face of their college basketball coverage but he's done enough that I imagine he'll have a job there for as long as he wants it. College basketball coverage played a huge role in building the network and he was the lead guy forever.

He's not very good but I generally like him. He sucks at actual analysis but he's enthusiastic and seems to genuinely love what he does. If I'm as excited about anything when I'm 75 as he is about college basketball I'll feel pretty good.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 13, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Good riddance, Lou.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
lawrence phillips is under investigation for murdering his cellmate

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The best part of this is when Mark May started throwing out stats rather than feelings, you can tell the instant where it totally pisses Lou off and it is totally beautiful.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Groucho Marxist posted:

lawrence phillips is under investigation for murdering his cellmate

Tom Osbourn still OK with him suiting up to play, though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Tom Osbourn still OK with him suiting up to play, though.

I mean look at what happened to him after he lost the protection of being a star ath structure and discipline of football.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

He just got bumped down to the featured team in favor of Bilas, he still calls a bunch of games. They're phasing him out as the face of their college basketball coverage but he's done enough that I imagine he'll have a job there for as long as he wants it. College basketball coverage played a huge role in building the network and he was the lead guy forever.

He's not very good but I generally like him. He sucks at actual analysis but he's enthusiastic and seems to genuinely love what he does. If I'm as excited about anything when I'm 75 as he is about college basketball I'll feel pretty good.

Yeah, thats the difference. Lou has always seemed very stern and barely putting up with whatever shtick they were doing that week, while Vitale was always the most energetic guy in the room

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
What's Christian Peter up to?

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
LP was framed. I have faith that someone will come forward with video that will exonerate him.

PBCrunch fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 14, 2015

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

"It's not as though Lawrence is an angry young man all the time and a threat to society. But there are occasions every four to five months where he becomes a little explosive."

- Dr. Tom Osborne, 1995

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen this posted yet but it's worth a watch. I was in tears I was laughing so hard:

Interview with Will Muschamp (sorta)
http://totalfratmove.com/this-parody-of-an-interview-with-will-muschamp-is-a-must-watch-for-gator-haters/

Yeah it's TFM but I couldn't find it on YouTube

"Jeff Driskel."

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Didn't LP get arrested for running over HS kids after they beat him in a pickup football game? I seem to remember reading somethin like that. lol.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MindlessHavok posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet but it's worth a watch. I was in tears I was laughing so hard:

Interview with Will Muschamp (sorta)
http://totalfratmove.com/this-parody-of-an-interview-with-will-muschamp-is-a-must-watch-for-gator-haters/

Yeah it's TFM but I couldn't find it on YouTube

"Jeff Driskel."

Here's the youtube for the not technically retarded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_pvsvGDmE&t=132s

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Here's the youtube for the not technically retarded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_pvsvGDmE&t=132s

Thanks!

jerk

Here's a link for those that don't want to start 132 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_pvsvGDmE

:colbert:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Spacemonkey57 posted:

What's Christian Peter up to?

Serving as the subject of longform articles http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/16/christian-peter-nfl-nebraska-patriots-giants-rape-kathy-redmond/20502967/

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Lou Holtz owned.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

RumbleFish posted:

Lou Holtz owned.

For a short time

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So, Army is apparently not changing their name back to the Cadets. Instead they will now be known as the Army West Point Black Knights, the term "soldier-scholar" has been invented, and their logo is this rather Hunger Games-looking thing:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Korranus posted:

So, Army is apparently not changing their name back to the Cadets. Instead they will now be known as the Army West Point Black Knights, the term "soldier-scholar" has been invented, and their logo is this rather Hunger Games-looking thing:

That looks loving awful and if I saw it out of context army wouldn't even be a top ten guess.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Korranus posted:

At Army, the old cliché, "Shoot yourself in the foot has now been replaced with "impale yourself in the head."

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Oh hey, Michigan State got some new alts.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Scarf posted:

At Army, the old cliché, "Shoot yourself in the foot has now been replaced with "impale yourself in the head."

Yeah, I don't get why they thought the sword through the head was a good idea.

Should have gone with "'tis only a flesh wound."

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Scarf posted:

It's a reference to the logo of the whole Academy...

...and in that context it works, and I like this logo and wish more college team branding would follow their academic counterparts. But then, as The Big Jesus there said, your average sports fan is going to react one of two ways -

1. LOL, ripped off Michigan State
2. LOL, that sword's going through that Army dude's head

Not to mention anything that could be referenced as an Army suicide is going to get people upset.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

At least they are publicly acknowledging PTSD.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Urban's buyout is amazing :stare:

quote:

The new deal also gives Meyer the type of job security his peers don’t even allow themselves to fantasize about. As USA Today’s Steve Berkowitz tweets, Meyer would be owed $34 million if fired without cause before Jan. 31, 2016 and $15.5 million if fired without cause through Jan. 31, 2019.

E: And Army's redesign looks great aside from that loving stupid logo.
E2: I missed Korranus' post. I guess that context helps but come on now.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Should have sent a poet

• Locked thread