Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I wanna know Bobs (bets hes a laptop gamer)

gtx 760, modern processor all that

after the intro the game started running a lot better, so nvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

it dropped a frame because it was loading off of a non-ssd and you freaked didnt you

according to the steam overlay it's locked at 59fps instead of 60, something that will probably keep me up tonight.

also god drat the driving is so much loving better than 4's.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol i ran into everything in the first mission. i am a terrible driver. definitely buying a game pad tomorrow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao if you hold right click unarmed in a car you just flip the bird

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Xbone game pads work really well

yeah i might just take the plunge and invest in one of these for this. they're expensive but it's probably worth it to not have it break a week after i get it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

am i missing something re: advanced graphics menu? i dont see any sliders for stuff like depth of field, terrain texture, vehicle population, etc. i want to do some tweaking

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Ten more minutes...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im really excited, but this 300 MB patch is taking forever to download. WTF.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
"Games will rise." -Geoff Keighley, 2014

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

it's unpacking...............

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after the intro you can start skipping the cutscenes, thank god

also the game runs like butter maxed out on a gtx760. kudos to rockstar actually doing this right, im surprised

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Games will rise." -Geoff Keighley, 2014

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Xbone game pads work really well

Yeah.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

after the intro you can start skipping the cutscenes, thank god

also the game runs like butter maxed out on a gtx760. kudos to rockstar actually doing this right, im surprised

As gay as Max Payne 3's cutscenes felt, it was cool that pretty much nothing had the boring and extremely long load screens that GTA 4 had. Like at least they gave you a bad soap drama to watch.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

On the way home now. See you all in game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

On the way home now. See you all in game.

It's been patching for 20 minutes and it only took me 12 hours to download the whole game so good luck.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

turned off depth of field and motion blur and it's running great with everything at high/max, 16x aa and stuff. very impressive port

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does anyone else have really low ingame volume? ive tried the usual stuff (disabling mics, adjusting individual program volumes, etc.) but the game is still quiet as hell

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

have you changed the output in the in game menu?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally finished patching... Win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't mind the keyboard driving too much. Hate when I have to use the deathadder because you can't adjust the axes of sensitivity independently though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lamar is so God drat epic.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Lamar is so God drat epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2jueHvdy8

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Still waiting to hear about adjustable FOV... I've not forgotten knuc's assertion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This nigga got the baby dick.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

GTA V Lamar "nigga" scene

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Still waiting to hear about adjustable FOV... I've not forgotten knuc's assertion.

Didn't I just post a picture of it brother.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, the FOV seems to be between 55 and maybe 80 at most which is a bummer...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'll be able to find out for myself in 15 min though. That's a good rear end feeling.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Didn't I just post a picture of it brother.

You might have.. images don't always show up on mobile. Glad to hear it :coffeepal:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The FPS mode is about as whack as I thought it might be unfortunately also... Ah well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

It's been patching for 20 minutes and it only took me 12 hours to download the whole game so good luck.

I called home and got my flatmate to start the updates.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is the mouse aiming all floaty in first person.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Train gets upgraded from local to express and you live at the last stop. *Antonio banderas noise*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Train gets upgraded from local to express and you live at the last stop. *Antonio banderas noise*

I also live at my last stop, and the chorus of groans and sharp inhalations of air when they make the announcement always gives me a bit of a stiffy 😈

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Is the mouse aiming all floaty in first person.

a little bit but it's easy to compensate for after a few times at the shooting range. btw, for pc, scrolling up with the mousewheel while holding right click will give you true ironsights which are much better imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not just that aiming feels hosed up but even if you turn head bobbing off, something about how the camera is attached to your body or whatever is just weird in a way that's reminiscent of if you've ever used a mod in Skyrim that makes first person draw your body under you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

It's not just that aiming feels hosed up but even if you turn head bobbing off, something about how the camera is attached to your body or whatever is just weird in a way that's reminiscent of if you've ever used a mod in Skyrim that makes first person draw your body under you.

yeah its never gonna feel totally smooth because it's not switching to some true FPS mode, it's sticking a camera on the player model's chin and trying as hard as it can. it still owns to murder people in first person though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's something really hosed up about I guess the HDR adaptation that's making the sky go crazy, and it's driving me insane.

• Locked thread