Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I was kinda unimpressed overall by the Shadowrun games' systems, so this one and Deus Ex seem pretty darn cool. I really liked the look of the Shadowrun games, though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bloodnet was kind of cool but gently caress playing it with all the bugs. Someone did a good Let's Play though so check the archives for that if you want some vampire cyberpunk.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drifter posted:

CDProjekt have shown they can make pretty good rpgs. It'll be nice to have an rpg not in a sword and sorcery setting that's made by CDProjekt.

What if it has a laser sword instead of a metal one

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

What if it has a laser sword instead of a metal one

Duh?
Who here WOULDN'T pay good money for a CDProjekt version of Warhammer 40k?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Drifter posted:

Duh?
Who here WOULDN'T pay good money for a CDProjekt version of Warhammer 40k?

I would ritually murder hobos for the opportunity.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Waaaaay ahead of you, buddy. :human being::respek::ese:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I want a Rogue Trader crpg so bad. Dark Heresy would be cool, too.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Pray to Tzeentch that it may persuade Games Workshop to give the license. And yes, Cyberpunk is based on 2027. Which itself is, I think , biggest cyperpunk dice-slinger after Shadowrun.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GuyUpNorth posted:

Pray to Tzeentch that it may persuade Games Workshop to give the license. And yes, Cyberpunk is based on 2027. Which itself is, I think , biggest cyperpunk dice-slinger after Shadowrun.

Games Workshop isn't doing so well right now. They've actually been giving out licenses to pretty much anyone who asks.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

NaDy posted:

I always read about people being so excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but there's like no info about it except for a trailer that explains nothing... what's all the hype about?

were waiting to see how many threesomes you can get into, in a imersive cyberpunk universe (w/ tits for me to jack off to), before we preorder the game.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Megazver posted:

Games Workshop isn't doing so well right now. They've actually been giving out licenses to pretty much anyone who asks.
Anybody who asks and claims they can throw out a product within an absurdly short timeframe. This is what keeps causing all this warhammer shovelware.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Does anyone know why Witcher 2 runs like absolute dogshit on my PC?

My specs are:

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Windows 8.1 64
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT755M 2GB
16GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

I've recently played stuff like Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation with no hitches whatsoever, but Witcher 2 is like a slideshow. I've even disabled ubersampling, bloom, depth of field and scaled the res down to 720p but, while it's improved, it's still about 25fps.

What gives?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Could be running it on the intel GPU instead of your Geforce due to issues with Optimus. Could just be the Witcher 2 being weird and not liking laptop GPUs.

edit: You should be getting around 28-32ish fps on medium to high setting with that laptop at 1080p. It's what someone was getting with a Geforce GT 750m and the same processor.

edit 2: That being said they had DDR5 ram for their video card. You may want to check and see if your laptop has DDR5 or DDR3 ram for that video card. If you're stuck with DDR3 ram for your video card you're out of luck.

edit 3: It looks like there's only DDR5 variants of that card so that shouldn't be the issue. Make sure you're forcing the game ot use the nvidia gpu with optimus.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 12, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Does anyone know why Witcher 2 runs like absolute dogshit on my PC?

My specs are:

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Windows 8.1 64
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT755M 2GB
16GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

I've recently played stuff like Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation with no hitches whatsoever, but Witcher 2 is like a slideshow. I've even disabled ubersampling, bloom, depth of field and scaled the res down to 720p but, while it's improved, it's still about 25fps.

What gives?

SSAO still on? Turn it off. Turn down AA as well for now. You may have to go into your bios and disable the i7 integrated graphics.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Are the slowdowns only in certain parts like the tavern of Flotsam, esp at night when there's like 100 people around? Those are normal.
If they happen in the wilderness, too I dunno :( Kill everything but Bloom, it's an integral part of the game's design and it looks like poo poo without it.

I'm on my 3rd attempt to finish W2 now, it's pretty rough. The KB/M controls are abhorrent, door/ladder chokepoints, random walls in the middle of town because XBOX memory. The map is useless so you have to memorize everything.
I had my stuff and weapons taken away no less than five times and it's only the middle of act 1, and now I'm running around in a forrest and a swamp :smith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 12, 2015

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm on the opening scenes, even two people chatting in a room is maybe 10fps.

Anyway, I've set the game to Nvidia only and the other settings are as so:

Am now getting maybe 30fps - the game doesn't look so good - but at least it's playable so thanks for the tips.

A bit nervous about my prepurchase of Witcher III. If the 2011 prequel runs this bad I don't hold out much hope for that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Your mission is to convince your bosses to acquire the Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy and Black Crusade licenses. Ok 123go!

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I'm on the opening scenes, even two people chatting in a room is maybe 10fps.

Anyway, I've set the game to Nvidia only and the other settings are as so:

Am now getting maybe 30fps - the game doesn't look so good - but at least it's playable so thanks for the tips.

A bit nervous about my prepurchase of Witcher III. If the 2011 prequel runs this bad I don't hold out much hope for that.

You still have anti aliasing and light shafts enabled, AA especially could be the cause.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I have like, half the computer you have and I can run Witcher 2 with everything maxed out.

I read on the Steam forum that the game runs like poo poo on Windows 8 unless you enable .net framework 3.5 compatibility, or something like that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
There's nothing good about Windows 8. Looking forward to Win10 or whatever it's called.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Yeah it sounds like its running on the integrated Intel graphics

e: What version on nVidia drivers are you running? Grab the latest

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Alright, after updating my drivers and fiddling with the Nvidia control panel I now have a decent looking, playable FPS. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

NaDy posted:

I always read about people being so excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but there's like no info about it except for a trailer that explains nothing... what's all the hype about?

A CD Projekt RED game with in-depth character creation and customization. That's about all it takes. This is anecdotal, but I know a small legion of people who all think A) CDPR makes incredible best-in-genre/medium games that B) they're not interested in playing because they don't care that much about Geralt or Fantasy games (especially elves, dwarves, et al).

Cyberpunk (the genre) is associated with character customization (see Deus Ex 1/2/HR, System Shock 2, and to a lesser extent Shadowrun), they're basing 2077 on a tabletop RPG setting that had in-depth customization, cyberpunk in general offers a great framework for character creation systems, and people are making those connections. CDPR also made several comments along with or in the wake of the original trailer- that you'll choose how to augment yourself (or to not do it at all, or to risk doing it too much), and one possibility they spoke about (being able to speak certain languages and get a translator implant for others) implies you'll be able to choose a background, or generally have character creation options that actually impact gameplay. That's not even getting into the possibility of specializations (stealth, guns, decking), which haven't been mentioned at all, but people are reading into it because, again, Deus Ex / System Shock 2. Half of the people I've asked assumed that the game would be in first person or go first/third like Human Revolution, and again, CDPR hasn't spoken about that at all.

It's sort of a Star Citizen effect- the potential is so massive that people are projecting like crazy.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Oh, and it takes place in a hostile corporate dystopia, so, the iron is warming up, there.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Cheston posted:

A CD Projekt RED game with in-depth character creation and customization.
I hadn't heard of that stuff before, it definitely sounds cool but I'll hold on to my hype until I see something tangible.

Cheston posted:

It's sort of a Star Citizen effect- the potential is so massive that people are projecting like crazy.

Ah ok that makes sense.

Still though at least I can agree with everyone being loving hyped for W3 holy poo poo.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Stuff to read / look at:

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/587632364299411456

http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3/104869/feature/the-witcher-3-wild-hunts-magic-system-is-awesome-i

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

Thank god for the mute button.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Diran posted:

Thank god for the mute button.

Holy gently caress I did not watch the video on that IGN article--that is some hot garbage music. :wtc:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

:monocle: That mime :monocle:

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

The 2nd or 3rd photo in that twitter link where you see Geralt with a pony tailed mohawk is the first hair cut he's getting.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

mcbexx posted:

:monocle: That mime :monocle:

I thought it was Sting...

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I thought it was Sting...

No, it's Sting wearing a mask that is also Sting.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

I usually play with the fur shader off, every time I see it on it blows me away.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

I usually play with the fur shader off, every time I see it on it blows me away.

Is that because it requires a graphics card from 2025?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

dud root posted:

Is that because it requires a graphics card from 2025?

I have done most of my playing through the editor, just never turned on the shader when I moved to the final build.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I preordered on steam and it bundled with Witcher 1 and 2 with a bunch of DLC. I played about 10 hours of the first one and decided maybe I should just plunge into the second one for now. Did the tutorial, died when it threw two guys at me for the first time, suggested I play on Easy. I said 'gently caress you game, I'm gonna play on Normal!" Die constantly. :saddowns:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Don't charge into 2 or more enemies head on, you'll die. Roll and backstab. A lot. Eventually you'll get the timing of animations down so you can start parrying and riposting, but you don't have to. I beat the game on insane just rolling, backstabbing and using alchemy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Drifter posted:

There's nothing good about Windows 8. Looking forward to Win10 or whatever it's called.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Took me 20 hours of fighting with weapons like a peasant, thousands of gold and way too many talent points, but the TW2 Igni train has finally left the station :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Looking at those 4K shots:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NOT USING CHROMATIC ABERRATION!!!! SERIOUSLY THANK YOU!

• Locked thread