Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Agreed, Abby demons are fantastic with the cleaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Does anyone know a good monster to kill that drops rune armor and weapons regularly?

If you've done Fate of the Gods, load up the ancient spellbook and go to town on some muspahs. I'm drowning in rune legs on every task.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

With additional spring cleaners entering the game, the price of springs is probably going to increase a little bit. With an increased price, does this mean that rune items are the only way to turn a profit with springs?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Odette posted:

With additional spring cleaners entering the game, the price of springs is probably going to increase a little bit. With an increased price, does this mean that rune items are the only way to turn a profit with springs?

ATM i just do staves, rune and addy items... Might be smart to buy springs for some SICK MERCHANTS though

TheInsaneHusky
Apr 5, 2015

Botting back in like 08ish timeframe. Kinda funny how they decide to ban me when i took a 2 year break, and come back and just said gently caress it. Theyll lose my memmembership money. Lol

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The bridge to Cairn Isle was designed by jerks :argh:

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Studio posted:

The bridge to Cairn Isle was designed by jerks :argh:

I think it was designed by the same guy that was responsible for the log bridge in Ardy.

I also just noticed we can't buy or sell Wicked Hood Teleport Tokens on the GE anymore? rip.

edit:

First spin of the day and hilariously this is my first Chaotic ever. Followed by a lovely Ranged med pris star and Blacksmith gloves, so overall decent daily spins.

Also known as one of the lower armor tiers, really bad durability I hear.

Terces fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 8, 2015

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
I'm back bitches! And I bring interesting/ironman-friendly news courtesy of A Friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw15VgjddkQ

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Pubbies. Gotta love 'em.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I didn't even know strawberries could by gay. :biotruths:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

yes it's a double post but w/e

The beta has been updated with additional content. The Legacy/EoC mashup stuff is still there, but now there's new stuff to mess around with.

• New looting system, will play with it in a bit and find out what that's about
  • New death mechanics. If you don't get to your gravestone in time you'll need to buy back your items from Death. gravestone timers are irrelevant, see post after next
  • Bank tabs can be dragged and dropped. Terrific.
  • Combat improvements. Too many to list here but for the most part melee abilities seem to have been buffed.

Edit: some more info on that looting system
it's not autopickup like I first thought it was (which I'm fine with, there's already enough options when it comes to automatically picking up loot)
Instead whenever you click on a loot pile, a little window pops up showing what was dropped.

This is what showed up after killing about 10-15 dags, from here you can pick and choose stuff to pick up which automatically goes into your inventory. "Loot All" is obvious, and and "Loot Custom" automatically picks up items depending on what you set in this screen.

(10,000 is not the default value, it's just what I set for it)
It's okay in its current state, still somewhat clunky. The window disappears if you reengage in combat (as in you attack an enemy, not vice versa), so if you're in a high population area (like dags), you'll need to turn off auto-retaliate in order to actually look at this window.

One important thing to note is that button called "Use Area Loot". It's off by default, but turning it on expands what shows up in the window by three tiles, which means it's probably better on at all times. I'd like to see the radius widened personally, even with it at three I've missed a drop like a lantadyme seed, which in a typical situation I'd very much like to have it. I'd also like an option where clicking on a loot pile automatically picks up the items that fall on your "Loot Custom" setting.

It's tough to say whether this is a definite improvement on anything, but hey it's not a bad update.

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 9, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

• New looting system, will play with it in a bit and find out what that's about
  • New death mechanics. If you don't get to your gravestone in time you'll need to buy back your items from Death.

I'd be interested in comments on these specifically.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Death works pretty much entirely differently, in that it's basically no longer free.

Upon dying a non-safe death, you'll end up in Death's office looking at the following screen.

A lot of it's self-explanatory, but the basically the important thing is that you will need to pay to reclaim any items that aren't protected. It's not Grand Exchange or High Alchemy value (I'm not sure how it's determined to be honest), but of course the more expensive it costs to obtain the more it costs to save.

If there's an item you're not too attached to, you can choose to sacrifice it. You will lose the item, but you will pay less to reclaim any items left over.

Out of everything in this inventory, if I had chosen to protect my three most expensive objects (split dragontooth necklace, bandos body and boots) and save the rest, I would have to pay 118,757 gold to replace them.

If I didn't have the money to save everything I wanted, I can choose to exit this interface by hitting X. Doing so will give me the opportunity to go out and get some more money, do some emergency skilling to raise funds. However, you only have 24 hours to gather up the required amount before Death presumably dumps your items into the garbage. I'm sure if a goon is in need of some emergency death funds, they can find someone willing to bankroll them. But still, don't loving die.

edit:
last new feature: bank tabs can be rearranged. woop de doo
https://gfycat.com/MadeupBewitchedJackrabbit

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 9, 2015

K G
Nov 7, 2012

it is hard to read this lol
Also, it's 24 hours played time. So if you log for three years and come back, you will still have time left to gather the funds.

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
hello it's me. I would like to join your secret club. Game name is Bacushi. (which I should probably change)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Moog posted:

hello it's me. I would like to join your secret club. Game name is Bacushi. (which I should probably change)

You'll need to be online and joined clan chat as a guest.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Haunted Mine in OSRS is crazy hard. What stats do people usually have when they go for him?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Studio posted:

Haunted Mine in OSRS is crazy hard. What stats do people usually have when they go for him?

I am glad I reread this post. For a brief moment I feared that there was a spooky mime in RS.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Studio posted:

Around ~60 hp or so. The cranes and something else can hit 20's and the minecarts can stun you while hitting rapid 5's.

The boss himself is easy as hell, just stalk him around when he moves, but the machinery is a real killer in 07.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Spergminer posted:

Around ~60 hp or so. The cranes and something else can hit 20's and the minecarts can stun you while hitting rapid 5's.

The boss himself is easy as hell, just stalk him around when he moves, but the machinery is a real killer in 07.

Yeah I didn't notice the boss hitting me, but everything else whittled me down. with 60 attack/57 STR/43 Defense I was able to get him low, but he would teleport before I could actually deal damage half the time. I tried for a magic build instead but died too quickly, and my ranged was too terrible to try (was 40, now 50) :v:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Just got 112 reaper points from one qbd task. Bought me my second hydrix!

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Just to let everyone know, now that I am back from my hiatus I have noticed a lot of new faces in chat, and would like to take a second and remind everyone that i thoroughly enjoy bossing and teaching newbies how to do the bosses I'm familiar with, so just let me know if anyone wants to learn something. I can carry you through Godwars no problem and typically have tasks from Death there.

E: If any higher leveled/geared goons want to put a Nex team together, let me know.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 12, 2015

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Quick reminder - doing a full citadel contribution weekly still gets you 500k payment per week if you seek it. Just post in the thread, or find me or one of the keys in-game.

Also, I've long gotten rid-of the crafting loom restriction, so even doing 2.7k loom gets you paid now.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Patch week update, nothing special except for:

quote:

Players can now add the magic watering can and magic secateurs to their tool belt.
Non-stop farming gainzzzzzzzzz

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

Vic the Trader Returns

Due to popular demand, Vic the Trader's return has been brought forward to today. He's back in game now, offering some of the most sought-after Treasure Hunter items in exchange for Bonus XP.

Visit his store in Burthorpe, near the lodestone, and swap any Bonus XP you don’t want for credits.

Then, browse the store to exchange your credits for XP stars and lamps, skilling outfits, protean packs and much, much more – usually only available on Treasure Hunter. This includes some items new to Vic’s store, such as exquisite weapons and the mimic pet.

Vic’s back in business right now, swapping Bonus XP for credits until 23:59 UTC on Monday 20th April. He'll stay in game for a time after that, so you'll have a chance to use up any leftover credits.

Bank Tabs

The Ninja Team have added in a long-awaited feature! You will now be able to drag and reorder your bank tabs. How’s that for organisation?

Citadel Chat

When inside your clan citadel, you can now choose to display your public chat to all players within the citadel or just to players nearby by speaking to the Master Guard. Now there’s no excuse not to cap!

The JMod Toolbox

Today sees the release of our new JMod Toolbox and we just HAVE to show off some of the new sparkly specials and an awesome new skilling node which can be spawned by JMods at events. Now if that’s not a good enough reason to plan some events, I don’t know what is!

We're looking forward to running through some of our new toys to show you the additions we have already made. See below for times you can come and join us in game today.

Schedule

All events are held at the Lumbridge Crater.

From 12:00 UTC:
Mod Matthe – World 11
Mod Kalaya – World 84

From 14:00 UTC:
Mod Neena – World 3
Mod Jon – World 23

From 16:00 UTC:
Mod Infinity – World 81
Mod Neena – World 124

Have fun, join the discussion on the forums, and keep your eyes peeled: next week, the Aquarium will be here!

The RuneScape Team

Vic is back :toot:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Spergminer posted:

Patch week update, nothing special except for:

Non-stop farming gainzzzzzzzzz

Update of the year.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
How does this change farming? I've never actually done any, so I really don't know.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It doesn't, you're already going to be talking to the tool leprechaun for banked supercomposts anyways

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
So Pizza Lady got me to make an OKCupid profile to see our match percentage (80% if you wanted to know) and these messages... oh boy.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It's a fair question.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
OKCupid is so great, especially for finding great matches like :stare:sissybuttslut420:stare: but more importantly, searching for 'Runescape' immediately turns up this:

Shocking.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Lemon to my Corona...?

I say go on a date with him just to scold him and get in his face about that statement, then walk off.

It's limes bitch

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Lemon to my Corona...?

It's limes bitch

Truth.

e: Your response should have been that their response was melting your ice princess heart and they were about to get some sweet, sweet lovin until you read their last sentence and it made you violently ill.

Your actual response was okay too I guess.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 14, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Simsmagic posted:

It's a fair question.

Yeah I'm not dating anyone lower than total level 2000. Seriously guys, you gotta have standards.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I would like to say that I am now officially 'retired' from sports

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Gonna be on a lot less because I just got GTA5 on PC. Probably only my daily keys and dung.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Gonna be on a lot less because I just got GTA5 on PC. Probably only my daily keys and dung.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

SleepingPizza posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

No underscore before "Come to Gielinor". Immersion ruined. 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Please add this and the side-shaking troubadour dance shark gif to the OP