Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please add a Blue-Eyes card that allows to summon all three Blue-Eyes in one turn. I don't care what the cost for it is, but it would be rad and I could pull Neo-Galaxy Eyes more easily if I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Beef Waifu posted:

Please add a Blue-Eyes card that allows to summon all three Blue-Eyes in one turn. I don't care what the cost for it is, but it would be rad and I could pull Neo-Galaxy Eyes more easily if I did.

Going into Neo Galaxy-Eyes rather than Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon...for shame...

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only card that needs to be unbanned is Sangan :colbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

The only card that needs to be unbanned is Sangan :colbert:

I already made a list regarding my ideal cards.

Either way, I'm streaming again.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Dexie posted:

If you banish them or return them to the hand or shuffle them back into the deck, you stop their swarming in it's tracks.

They're fairly reliant on their backrow stuff too, so if you can blow that up or keep it from activating (Denko Sekka!), they can't do much there, either.

Yeah, I'm still planning on playing Yang Zing for this tag tournament, but they're clearly not that strong. Not only is their floaters strategy fairly easy to manage, but their tuners also are pretty bad. Even supplemented by the E-Tele engine (Yuki Usagi is so ridiculous) and some decent syncho cards like Masked Chameleon, they're only okay.

And I don't really get Wyrms. I initially assumed that they were basically going to be Chinese-style dragons, while the Dragon type was for European-style dragons, but there's not any real consistency. Unmasked Dragon and Magma Dragon are clearly more European in nature. Truly a baffling design decision.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're ghost dragons?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"Truly a baffling design decision" sums up most of Konami's choices with this game.

Dabir posted:

They're ghost dragons?
That seemed to be what they were going for at first, but a lot of their generic support pieces kind of go against that.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 14, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They were taking ideas from Buddyfight, which has like a million dragon types :v:

Also I just saw that episode and holy poo poo it was good. That Pendulum Summon at the end with Pendulum of the Soul in the background was a really strong scene, especially with the whole "Yuto's power" thing, even if it meant seeing that loving egao flashback again. Reiji's still an rear end but I see why he does it and it's clearly a worthwhile goal...dude's just very much end justifies the means, which I like! Also Yuya losing was neccesary for the plot, and I'm glad we have a rival that can actually be stronger than the hero, only Kaito and manga Manjoume got to be that and it's always cool.

Next episode, Yoko is great. But more than that I want to know what the reason is for Mieru not being a Lancer and how she'll take it. I'm guessing it'll be "you failed in the tournament and never used Pendulum so you're useless to me", but still...I would've liked a Ritual user!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Buddyfight or SMT, with its endless number of demon types with untranslated names and apparently random designations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Agreeing with everyone about the episode, it was great, Reiji is a massive dick but I like that of him and he better get his due for being borderline evil, the only thing I didn't like was loving Hikokubo bringing cards on par with the worst of Gx, 5D's and ZeXal: Yuya starts with a loving trap that negates all card effects on the opponent's field for free and then has an effect to activate it again in the graveyard by sacrificing two monsters, meanwhile Reiji uses a monster that cannot have its effects negated and his effect lets him destroy all magic/traps on the field... and his other effect is to bring them back, thus letting him activate them, and the facedown cards let him negate and destroy Yuya's bullshit card even though it was already activated and resolved and then the other card can only be used because he negated and destroyed a card so he can copy its effect. What the hell. And also a monster reborn clone with a draw effect or something because maximum Hikokubo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Things we've learned: Zefras are terrible, we'll go into anime catchphrases spam for the slightest of reasons, no one reads the drat cards, and Pot of Greed allows you to draw two cards from your deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Things we've learned: Zefras are terrible, we'll go into anime catchphrases spam for the slightest of reasons, no one reads the drat cards, and Pot of Greed allows you to draw two cards from your deck.

Also you should always remember to high five the sky while you're revving it up.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Also you should always remember to high five the sky while you're revving it up.

These streams have become more popular than the ones I post in stream thread for gaming.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

These streams have become more popular than the ones I post in stream thread for gaming.

Believe in the heart of the stream.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Believe in the heart of the stream.
High five the stream.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

High five the stream.

Pop flying the stream.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This really was the best ending to that stream.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Slur posted:

Pop flying the stream.

Feel the Flow of the stream

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
To put my money where my mouth is, here's my old Alien deck

I've had these guys since I got back in the game (in fact, they were the ones who made me back) nearly six years go. Boy, where time goes? :corsair:

And here's another deck I enjoy playing greatly: Steelswarm

I've tweaked this deck more due the excellent support released for Monarchs but I haven't gave it my full attention, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 14, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

:lol:

I think we're at about 5 times as many posters now in this thread then we were back in the Anime Card Game thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

Can we get

1) A card that makes Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon summonable
Or 2) A retrained version of it?

I mean come on, the thing is un-freakin'-playable right now. :smith:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I didn't know there was a YGO card game thread until I accidentally clicked into ADTRW and saw this thread. That's my story anyway.

It's cool to find venues to discuss the card game. I have fallen out of the loop kinda since I moved countries last year. Locals around Toronto are meh (my issue is the people aren't friendly) so I have only been attending bigger events. Those have gone well though so :shrug:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If only Ultimate Dragon was an effect monster, then you could dump it from the grave with Gale Dogra and copy it with Phantom of Chaos.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bit late but i just watched the latest Arc V ep and was everything Reiji did to anger Yuya, insulting him, mocking his weakness, reminding him of his dead friends, and even using the drat Heartland field was all to push him into summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion so he could still kick his rear end and then presumably copy it? He's such an rear end in a top hat. :allears: Also, Reiji makes a big deal about not telling Yuya what happened to Yuzu but if the opening can be trusted he just sends them straight to the Synchro Dimension anyway. What a fucker.

Some of the cards in this episode were either complete bullshit or absurdly specific, so duel wise it wasn't as good as last episode but I got a smile out of Yuya finally summoning Pendulum Wizard. It's such a staple of Perfomapal decks that it's weird he's never used it before. Anyway, i'm excited for the Yoko duel next episode not just because seeing her backstory as a biker gang leader will be great but also because it'll likely put some emphasis back on the entertainment dueling part of Yuya's personality so hopefully the show will retain some of its light heartedness even as it goes into the war arc. When's the last time Yuya's even said "Ladies and Gentlemen!"?

More importantly than all that though, I wonder what Yoko's deck archetype will be. It seems appropriate to give her another Entertainment archetype but how many more puns can they make from that? Orr maybe they'll do something referencing her being a gangster. Whatever it is it better be cool.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
egao

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

More importantly than all that though, I wonder what Yoko's deck archetype will be. It seems appropriate to give her another Entertainment archetype but how many more puns can they make from that? Orr maybe they'll do something referencing her being a gangster. Whatever it is it better be cool.

She's going to run Infernoids. I'd laugh if this was true.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
EnterMom archetype.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arc V is not very subtle with its themes. This is true.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Watch as the show trolls us by having it be a Dokurorider and Stygian biker deck.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bring back Return From The Different Dimension

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's their favourite bit of stock footage.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Slur posted:

It's their favourite bit of stock footage.

You know where going to be getting additions to the Heartland invasion flashback little by little until we end up with an infodump episode where one of the survivors (other than Shun/Yuto) goes over the whole progression of the invasion in excrutiating detail.

So; over/under on Reiji having already sussed out that Yugo isn't actually working for Academia?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think he means Yuto dying in Yuya's arm, which now makes 90% of Yuto's dialogue.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AlternateNu posted:

You know where going to be getting additions to the Heartland invasion flashback little by little until we end up with an infodump episode where one of the survivors (other than Shun/Yuto) goes over the whole progression of the invasion in excrutiating detail.

So; over/under on Reiji having already sussed out that Yugo isn't actually working for Academia?

He definitely knows, since he watched Yugo paste Obelisk Force to the floor. Whether he feels it relevant to tell the Lancers, GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Some fantastic Entermate/Yuya.dek support just got announced.

quote:

Level 4 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
Scale 5
Pendulum Effect:
(1) If you control another “Magician” or “Performapal” card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card, and if you do, place 1 “Magician” Pendulum monster from your Deck in your Pendulum Zone, except “Keigan no Majutsuhi”.
Monster Effect:
(1) You can discard this card from your hand, then target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone whose Pendulum Scale is different than its original value; its Pendulum Scale becomes its Original value until the end of the turn.

This deck is really starting to shape up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's very much Yuya Magician support, huh. I guess the point is to use him as a Creation/Destruction searcher, or to temporarily negate Astromancy/Chronomancy's "if the other Pendulum Scale isn't Magician or Odd-Eyes, this card's Scale becomes 4".

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Love it. The art is pretty rad too.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Performapals/Magicians are becoming better and better with each set.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, it seems like they're gonna be the best protagonist deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

Yeah, it seems like they're gonna be the best protagonist deck.

Yusei's junk deck was pretty amazing, and still holds up today to some degree. Performapals simply need better monsters altogether, and we'll be set.