Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

As was Roadhouse.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/road-house-live/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
If we're talking Comedy Bang Bang, you just can't leave of the romantic saga for the ages between Gillian Jacobs and TV's Gary Marshall.

http://www.earwolf.com/person/gillian-jacobs/
The first episode with Gary is #180.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The attempted murder scene is brilliant, loved it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like this episode because the image of people on screen sticks is hilarious to me. The way they move so slowly cracks me up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I loved just how overcomplicated it was. Why design a system where you just join a conference telecast on a static iPad when you can physically drive the thing around for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

It would feel unrealistic if it wasn't for idiots like Roger Ver and the bitcoin brigade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXdY8-XLfQ

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I could have sworn the Jeff/Willy thing was going to tie into Jeff's issues with his father - Willy in this episode was repeatedly compared to Jeff as a manipulative charmer and his father's name is William. For a second I even thought they would just ret-con that horrible episode with James Brolin from S4 and reveal that this was actually his father but he didn't look nearly old enough. Without some more complex stakes for Jeff and Willy's feud the A-plot felt sort of empty and silly which can be enough for a funny episode but isn't really Community at its best.

Also I think it's strange that Jeff is still phoning it in as a teacher when they did an episode specifically about Jeff learning to enjoy teaching his class and telling off Hickey for phoning it in. It's hardly a serialized show but it seemed off to me unless they're trying to make a point about character growth being impossible which it sort of seems like they are doing with Britta and Chang both effectively homeless. Pretty much all the characters are getting older without making any forward progress in their lives.

This season just seems sort of limp to me; they seem to be trying really hard to ground the show - I don't think they've done a genre episode yet - but without those more ambitious ideas and energy you've just got the group sitting around the table and it feels very familiar and stale.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Unmerciful posted:

It's hardly a serialized show but it seemed off to me unless they're trying to make a point about character growth being impossible which it sort of seems like they are doing with Britta and Chang both effectively homeless. Pretty much all the characters are getting older without making any forward progress in their lives.

I mean, you've heard the theme song, right?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

StalkofWheat posted:

If we're talking Comedy Bang Bang, you just can't leave of the romantic saga for the ages between Gillian Jacobs and TV's Gary Marshall.

http://www.earwolf.com/person/gillian-jacobs/
The first episode with Gary is #180.

Gary Marshall also makes several appearances in the Great Undiscovered Project segment of the Pod F Tompkast!

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 11, 2015

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
What happened to Buzz Hickey anyway? (I know Jonathan Banks had to do Better Call Saul - but did they offer any in-universe explanation?)

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
More importantly, now that Britta moved in with Annie and Abed, where are her cats? :ohdear:

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

John Dough posted:

More importantly, now that Britta moved in with Annie and Abed, where are her cats? :ohdear:

They'll be fine. Together they can do anything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If it's anything like my experience with impromptu housemates, they're in a tiny room with all her stuff and smells

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Brock Samson posted:

Irish Joe correct as always. Bizarre season so far.

The only thing worse than Irish Joe. His fans.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
So my wife and I have been marathon in Friends since she loved it and I'd never seen more than a few episodes here and there.

Jim Rash is a neurotic passenger on Rachel's flight to Paris in the finale! I like to think his character said "gently caress it, I'm driving the opposite direction. To Colorado!" after getting off. Or maybe spent some formative years in Paris where he explored his sexuality.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Is there any news on a second yahoo season yet? This was so bad last season I had to cry/stop watching, but it feels on par with season 3 now - a good mix of weird and wacky, but not too far inside Dan Harmon's head!

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
e: I just wanted to edit :C

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

cuddlenaps posted:

Is there any news on a second yahoo season yet? This was so bad last season I had to cry/stop watching, but it feels on par with season 3 now - a good mix of weird and wacky, but not too far inside Dan Harmon's head!

No news yet, but some time ago, Harmon said he was receptive.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

cuddlenaps posted:

The contracts for the actors are up at the end of this season which I think means "anything could happen" typically, and nothing yet has been said yet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Next is the movie, I believe. If they're going to follow the quote.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The cop is my favorite minor character.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Buzz Hickey Memorial Services in the lunch lady's email :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
"And frankly haven't been well utilized since." Chang.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I forgot it was a Tuesday and thus new episode day. Literally stared at the screen wondering why there was a new one to watch. And now to go to work instead of watch it...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
This show has gone completely off the rails.

I kind of like it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish Keith David had been on this show for all 5 seasons.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Avengers?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Was the dialogue from the very last scene lifted directly from True Detective?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

When they were talking about Jeff and Britta dating I expected them to mention the Jeff/Annie kiss, and then the Abed/Annie kiss.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

PostNouveau posted:

Buzz Hickey Memorial Services in the lunch lady's email :(

Garrett's Food Allergies [Updated]

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
This was the best episode of the show in a long time for me. I've watched them all, but i haven't felt involved with the action, haven't felt that spark like this since before Dan left. I don't think its a coincidence that this was such a long episode either, so much of what I loved would likely have been cut from a network version of this episode. The way he left the arguments run was brilliant, we also got to get to the performance and have a decent aftermath as well. This gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Keith David is so loving great.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
All of the characters were on point this episode.

The closer was also excellent.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Jay Chandrasekhar is great, but Keith David is a treasure. His laughing at Jeff's slow realization was beautiful.

I kinda like the meta references to the past episodes. Normally that poo poo annoys me but this time it was funny.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Oh poo poo, Fat Neil is the guy in CSI:Cyber.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

qbert posted:

Was the dialogue from the very last scene lifted directly from True Detective?

Not directly lifted, I think, but definitely written the same way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It amazes me that those two kid actors delivered police/criminal lines better than the entire cast of Gotham.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
This was a great episode. I liked how the lesson came together in the end :)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
After seeing how well they've done with Jonathan Banks and Keith David, I feel for Chevy Chase getting screwed on his character.

This was a great episode. And Harmon's not joking about Britta being his voice, he's said a lot of those thing on his podcast. I loved them trying to find the meaning at the end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pwn posted:

Garrett's Food Allergies [Updated]

What's that Russian say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I want a video of Elroy's dialogue synced to clips of Goliath like that Bambi II/Extras mash-up. Don't make me cut the hardline at the mainframe.

• Locked thread