Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

mulls posted:

These are such a good concept but I wish the LCD screens were more in focus.
Yeah, I've been having problems with my MF focus of late. I need to burn a roll of film taking pictures of a ruler to figure out if it's a problem with my camera, my scanning, or I just suck.

That's cool. I'd like to give it another shot some time but I don't know if I find it interesting enough to do as a bigger project. Maybe if like your friend I had larger theme. I'd been walking around all day trying to take some standard tourist shots but the place was so packed that it was hard to get into a good position without a bunch of people's heads in frame, so I thought I'd play around with pictures of other people trying to do the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Fuckin' tourists, man.

Appearing to be Supporting an Obelisk by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
gently caress dust spotting, not doing it.

DSC09594 by Hernando Rosa, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Primo Itch posted:

That's good, drat good

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Primo Itch posted:

This is amazing. How long did you have to wait for that setup?

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This is amazing. How long did you have to wait for that setup?

To be honest it just happened. I think I was one of the first departing the train and was there before people started going up. It was 2 years ago so my memory might be tricking me thought.

I wish I had a deeper DoF, but this was on ektar and ISO 100 can really limit things in interiors. I also wish this was perfectly simmetrical not almost, but you work with the situations you have...

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I hate this rear end in a top hat

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
_DSF5261.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Modena, 27 Marzo 2015 by maxmars70, on Flickr

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just had a gypsy pull on gun on me because I took a picture of a building near a place near their camp, use better judgment I guess.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

Just had a gypsy pull on gun on me because I took a picture of a building near a place near their camp, use better judgment I guess.

Pretty sure you shouldn't use ethnic slurs, even if they wave a gun at you.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 5, 2015

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Why not to denounce him/her? Don't let them intimidate you while you are doing nothing illegal.

Evilkiksass
Jun 30, 2007
I am literally Bowbles IRL :(

DO A KEGSTAND BRAH
Street photography

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maxmars posted:

Why not to denounce him/her? Don't let them intimidate you while you are doing nothing illegal.

They've seen my car and I live like 500m away from the camp, not really feeling too hot about this right now, I'll sleep on it a little I think.

The photo was probably ok but not really worth the stress imo.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

They've seen my car and I live like 500m away from the camp, not really feeling too hot about this right now, I'll sleep on it a little I think.

The photo was probably ok but not really worth the stress imo.

Do as you wish but pointing a gun at an innocent bystander should not be let pass without consequences. I'd also write a line or two to a local newspaper.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I am totally fine with street thread posters getting shot. So yes please yell at anyone with a gun, whether they are a minority or not, thanks in advance.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

When you say gypsy, do you mean, like, gypsy gypsy? I remember the gypsies back in the eastern bloc. You don't want to gently caress with them too much.

PS. I also used to live about 500m from them, in a different apartment block.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bobmarleysghost posted:

When you say gypsy, do you mean, like, gypsy gypsy? I remember the gypsies back in the eastern bloc. You don't want to gently caress with them too much.

PS. I also used to live about 500m from them, in a different apartment block.

I don't really know, they are people who live in trailers, they come for a few weeks and leave/get evicted. The ones I met where fairly brown skinned so I guess something something southern europe ?

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Calling them "Gypsies" is politically incorrect and if they find out they'll put a hex on you

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

maxmars posted:

Do as you wish but pointing a gun at an innocent bystander should not be let pass without consequences. I'd also write a line or two to a local newspaper.

snitches get stitches

but on the other hand, after 700-odd years of practice the cops will probably be pretty effective at getting rid of them for you

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

DSCF5179 by dshenphotos, on Flickr

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

Cap Rent by dunos, on Flickr

Please by dunos, on Flickr

dunos fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 12, 2015

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I found this on the street.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Something something cradle something grave

DSCF1053.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I rented a Sony A7S just for fun (that special passover rate from Adorama is awesome), and the combination of silent operation, high sensitivity and continuous drive makes for some good run-by night creepin'.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Men at work by dunos, on Flickr

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Penguins by mattphilpott, on Flickr

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I hope those guys will get a nice print in the mail one day, great shot.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I hope those guys will get a nice print in the mail one day, great shot.

:agreed:

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Good idea - I hadn't thought of that. Luckily I can find the company from the details on the side of their van.

I will steal your nose by dunos, on Flickr

Dapper Ping Pong by dunos, on Flickr

dunos fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 16, 2015

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
I'm new to this street photography bushiness. I went on a trip after visiting the family to New York, and on the way back, I stopped in Washington DC. There are a lot of conspiracy theorists near there, and they thought I was some sort of G man when I was taking pictures. Has this ever happened to you all?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

She's still there? sheesh.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Couldn't resist a quick back of the head shot... but the contrast between the adults and the children amused me (and probably only me)

Little and large by dunos, on Flickr

Bristol by dunos, on Flickr

dunos fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 18, 2015

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Bukit Batok by alkanphel, on Flickr

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Art is Boring by Cacator, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
5 yr old street photo

Re-Edit by TomOlson, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RangerScum posted:

5 yr old street photo

Re-Edit by TomOlson, on Flickr

Oh god! MY BRAIN! :psyduck: It's tilted left, no right, no left, no right no...............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Love it

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Hangar Plane by MedievalMedic, on Flickr