Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Badger of Basra posted:

So you're moving from Rand to Sanders? :psyduck:

I liked Rand originally because he didn't seem like a hawk but he has been starting to come back on that. Sanders makes much more sense, IMO, foreign policy wise.

Foreign Policy is my main issue I vote on then I go from there. Clinton is an absolute non option for me the same was Obama and Romney were non options.

I really don't see another candidate I can actually vote for besides Sanders at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Dolash posted:

As lovely as it was for Hillary to vote for the Iraq War (and it was really lovely) she's still probably significantly less likely to start a new war than anyone the Republicans could spit out, so as a Canadian whose country would almost certainly be dragged into any war you guys start while Harper's in power you better hold your goddamn noses and vote for Hillary in the general. If you need an object lesson on what difference it makes, remember Bush II (as you should for the rest of your lives) and how people at the time dismissed the idea that there was any difference between him and Gore.

Unless we elect Trudeau or Mulcair this year, then you're free to do whatever I guess, but the odds on that are worse than they should be because of 3rd-party vote-splitting. Hmm, I wonder if there's a lesson there?

The idea that the two parties are the same is now completely unsupportable. Every non-crazy person should vote to keep the Reps out of the White House.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Enigma89 posted:

I liked Rand originally because he didn't seem like a hawk but he has been starting to come back on that. Sanders makes much more sense, IMO, foreign policy wise.

Foreign Policy is my main issue I vote on then I go from there. Clinton is an absolute non option for me the same was Obama and Romney were non options.

I really don't see another candidate I can actually vote for besides Sanders at this point.

I'm sure there are plenty of principled voters in Flordia who still pat themselves on the back for staying home in 2000 to avoid endorsing Clinton's foreign policy by voting for Gore, and don't even feel bad when they see the boiling cauldron of war the Middle East has become so they didn't sully their perfect little vote with a Lesser Evil candidacy.

I mean, sure, vote for who you like in the Primary, but I don't know how you could think the greatest good you can achieve with your vote is to not use it. Or I guess maybe you live in the majority of America that isn't in play so I guess it's safe to stand on principle.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Dolash posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of principled voters in Flordia who still pat themselves on the back for staying home in 2000 to avoid endorsing Clinton's foreign policy by voting for Gore, and don't even feel bad when they see the boiling cauldron of war the Middle East has become so they didn't sully their perfect little vote with a Lesser Evil candidacy.

I blame the voters that are willing to vote for hawks. I have no idea why everyday voters are okay with foreign adventures with tanks and planes.

I'm not getting my hands bloodied. A vote for these terrible wars is an embarrassment.

Just because there is one option that is less evil doesn't make it not evil.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
Unconditional isolationism is profoundly racist and selfish, hth.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Do these people really still exist? I don't know anything about the South from personal experience, but it seems to me after 40 years they probably don't

Felon beats Obama in West Virginia

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Series DD Funding posted:

No one mentioned unconditional isolationism.

You don't think the US can have a foreign policy that doesn't look like Bush/Obama's war mongering and also not be unconditionally isolationist?

A vote for Hillary is simply too dangerous for the world. Not saying voting for a Republican is a safer vote but it's clear that there are better options and I will not bloody my hands. I don't think most people realize how badly we gently caress up places and solely thinking of voting for president just for the US is very irresponsible seeing how we are the sole super power.

IMO it's incredibly selfish to just think of the frame of the US in a presidential election and not take other countries into consideration.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Series DD Funding posted:

What about the Natural Law Party's isolationist plan to replace the military with flying yogis who will create a positive vibe defense shield?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

What about the Natural Law Party's isolationist plan to replace the military with flying yogis who will create a positive vibe defense shield?

Will the yogis be flying under their own power, or on planes. Because I know one of those options is definitely not revenue neutral.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

paranoid randroid posted:

Will the yogis be flying under their own power, or on planes. Because I know one of those options is definitely not revenue neutral.

Not under their own power. You need the power of coherence and peace that only comes when you get them all together in a padded room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXAB5L3EIQ

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

quote:

WV Governors are too smart to endorse OBama! Yes, No Coal in WV is a death sentence for our people. WV has the potential to be the richest state in the United States with this resource. Thousands of people will be jobless in our state as a result of O'Bama's war on coal. This is a tragedy to our state and its people.

:smith:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

No one mentioned unconditional isolationism.

You don't think the US can have a foreign policy that doesn't look like Bush/Obama's war mongering and also not be unconditionally isolationist?

A vote for Hillary is simply too dangerous for the world. Not saying voting for a Republican is a safer vote but it's clear that there are better options and I will not bloody my hands. I don't think most people realize how badly we gently caress up places and solely thinking of voting for president just for the US is very irresponsible seeing how we are the sole super power.

IMO it's incredibly selfish to just think of the frame of the US in a presidential election and not take other countries into consideration.

If you don't live in a swing state then please continue to live in your magical Christmas land filled with cupcakes and gumdrops. If you do, then if you're going to be a pretentious prick ("bloody my hands" loving lol) about it, not voting D makes R more likely, and a lot more blood will be on your hands. Not voting D or R is a choice. It's a choice and the result of that choice is that R is a little bit more likely. Not as bad as a vote for R, but let's say half as bad.

You're the selfish one. Prick.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Voting third party? Heh, murderer.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I'd rather pretend that whole sordid affair didn't happen.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
voting republican hastens the decline and fall of american imperialism and is thus the morally superior option. checkmate, beer-gut boy

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Man coal ain't worth nearly that much, especially much of WV's coal. They ain't rolling with an entire state of pure anthracite there.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Hey, plenty of people have gotten mind blowingly rich off coal. They just happen to be the mine owners, not the people who dig coal

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Coming this weekend: the Rand Paul comic book.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Man coal ain't worth nearly that much, especially much of WV's coal. They ain't rolling with an entire state of pure anthracite there.

bingo:

Fried Chicken posted:

Hey, plenty of people have gotten mind blowingly rich off coal. They just happen to be the mine owners, not the people who dig coal

--

The problem is that the entire state has been literally brainwashed into believing that coal is still the main economic driver for the state, when in reality, something like less than 5-7% of the state is even indirectly employed via coal.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
               siiimbaaa
                /

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

Is this going to be a sequel to that Libertarian fairy tale with the talking gorilla and mummy person and how the Articles of Confederation were super good?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Enigma89 posted:

I blame the voters that are willing to vote for hawks. I have no idea why everyday voters are okay with foreign adventures with tanks and planes.

I'm not getting my hands bloodied. A vote for these terrible wars is an embarrassment.

Just because there is one option that is less evil doesn't make it not evil.

Your hands are bloodied. By abstaining you are making the worse outcome more likely. The whole point of "lesser of two evils" is that one of the evils is going to occur anyway, it's not "lesser of two evils, or a really good alternative!"

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 14, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
But what if Nader had won Florida?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

But what if Nader had won Florida?

Then you would have had the Bush/Lieberman presidency.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anyone else on the Democratic side even said (or hinted) that they'd be running?

Like, what happens if Hillary is literally the only person running? Do they just cancel all the primary events and stuff?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

The natural enemy of the white man: black people and women.

Also the haircut is just making him seem as though he belongs in a Little Rascals comic.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

site posted:

Has anyone else on the Democratic side even said (or hinted) that they'd be running?

Like, what happens if Hillary is literally the only person running? Do they just cancel all the primary events and stuff?

They choose another of the 33 Democratic Candidates for President and throw them in the debate ring with Hillary. The debate between Hillary Clinton and President Emperor Caesar will be the Lincoln-Douglas of our times.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

We can agree this is the greatest thing we've all ever seen, right?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

site posted:

Sanders, O'Malley, Webb, Chaffee, and Pataki are all running on the Dem side

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

Pataki is (still) a Republican, though he'll have stiff competition from Bob Erhlich in that primary.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am not voting for Hillary now..thanks Breitbart.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Oh cool, whoever drew this is using the old Sgt. Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos machine gun onomatopoeia.

FYI: this publisher also made a Stephanie Meyer comic book. Her understanding of vampires is on par with Rand Paul's understanding of Benghazi.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tender Bender posted:

Your hands are bloodied. By abstaining you are making the worse outcome more likely. The whole point of "lesser of two evils" is that one of the evils is going to occur anyway, it's not "lesser of two evils, or a really good alternative!"

Fact: if gore had become president and not bush, then the world would be a vastly different place. Forget the ideologies and theories. The world would be way different for millions of people in their real lives.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am not voting for Hillary now..thanks Breitbart.

Who wears sunglasses indoors though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fried Chicken posted:

Oh wow okay. Talk about zero coverage. Poor guys.

Didn't know Sanders was actually running though, thought that was just a pipedream.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm glad they thought to put that map of Libya with BENGHAZI highlighted in the background, presumably so the reader didn't get confused by this potentially unrelated sequence of events being depicted.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Vladimir Putin posted:

Who wears sunglasses indoors though.

Sometimes when your future is so bright you gotta wear shades.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If I didn't know it was a Rand comic book, I would not have been able to identify him in the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hillary is being chased by a ravenous horde of journos :ohdear:

• Locked thread