Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SA2K posted:

good QBs make bad WRs look better

Good news for Michael Crabtree then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

Good news for Michael Crabtree then

Agreed, Derrick Carr owns.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SA2K posted:

good QBs make bad WRs look better

But you think that Phillip Rivers is better than Brees.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You guys make me want to go watch Derek Carr. I only saw him against
Miami and he didn't look very good, but everyone here seems to like him a lot.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

Agreed, Derrick Carr owns.
That was a joke about Crabtree

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Up and down. Wasn't a complete disaster. Wasn't utterly carried by his legs and defense like Kaep was so now we get bickering between the two.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

He is way overrated. I base this on my 60 minutes of watching him and the fact TFF is nutz about him.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

For playing in a black hole, and being a rookie, Carr played better than a lot of the league.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
younger brothers own

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Derek Carr is bad. Why? He plays for a historically evil team. He allowed that dastardly team to take him and now he's being punished for it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

quote:

Stefen Wisniewski - C - Free Agent
Free agent C Stefen Wisniewski visited the Redskins last Friday.
The ex-Raider has had visits or talked to the Rams, Bucs, Seahawks, Patriots, Titans, Jaguars and now Redskins. Washington's interest is a bit surprising as they already have solid Kory Lichtensteiger at center. Perhaps they're looking at Wisniewski as a guard.
Indeed, perhaps the seventh team you visit will give you the contract you want

Oh wait it's Washington. Yeah they probably will

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's a shame that Carr will never win super bowl mvp but getting amari on your team comes with a price

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

old dog child posted:

I think you guys will like Rahim Moore

From everything I've read and seen about him he's a very good safety whose reputation is ruined by a single play

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brad Smith is visiting the Bills today.

Oh god. Just let the wildcat die already, Rex. Let it loving die.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

football fuckerman posted:

Indeed, perhaps the seventh team you visit will give you the contract you want

Oh wait it's Washington. Yeah they probably will
Skins contracts lol and all the contracts signed this year with McCloughan at the helm have actually been very smart.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Crabtree is generally good after the catch, right? It seems like the additions this off-season (Crabtree & Helu) are there to help Carr on the short passes that he loves so much.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Crabtree is generally good after the catch, right? It seems like the additions this off-season (Crabtree & Helu) are there to help Carr on the short passes that he loves so much.

According to this chart, he was not very good with YAC last year :-/

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2014/

YAC per reception:

4.0 in 2014
7.5 in 2013
6.4 in 2012

Decent drop-off after his Achilles injury.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Crabtree is bad at almost everything except asking for lots of money.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

From everything I've read and seen about him he's a very good safety whose reputation is ruined by a single play

Yeah, the only real issue is that weird condition that almost took his leg, but apparently that shouldn't even be a concern. Even then he was signed to a very team-friendly deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A.o.D. posted:

But you think that Phillip Rivers is better than Brees.

No, I said I'd rather have Rivers. Not the same thing.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Burger Trench posted:

Brad Smith is visiting the Bills today.

Oh god. Just let the wildcat die already, Rex. Let it loving die.
Move over, Tyrod. There's a new contender in the QB competition.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Omar Kelly is lobbying for the Dolphins to trade for Philip Rivers lol

He wants to trade Tannehill and a first for Rivers :rolleyes:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

trade Suh instead imho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
I'm armed with A LOT more experience, credentials and information about any subject related to the Dolphins than 99% of you.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^^ holy poo poo I hope he covers the Dolphins for years. Or moves to the Raiders.

NC-17 posted:

He is way overrated. I base this on my 60 minutes of watching him and the fact TFF is nutz about him.

You mean that game where he would have pulled off an upset v. NE if not for an iffy holding call that cancelled the game winning TD? In his career second game? on the road in NE with a lovely coach? Also, lol @ "way overrated". He'll hopefully turn into a solid pro, but nobody is calling him the next Aaron Rodgers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

No thanks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

No thanks

It would be a really dumb move for both teams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't see why it would be dumb for the Chargers. They have their starting QB and pick up a first round pick instead of having one more year of Rivers then retirement when the team moves

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I don't like Tannehill and he'll never be as good as Rivers is right now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

warcrimes posted:

^^ holy poo poo I hope he covers the Dolphins for years. Or moves to the Raiders.

You mean that game where he would have pulled off an upset v. NE if not for an iffy holding call that cancelled the game winning TD? In his career second game? on the road in NE with a lovely coach? Also, lol @ "way overrated". He'll hopefully turn into a solid pro, but nobody is calling him the next Aaron Rodgers.

I wasn't being entirely serious. But yes, he looks better than most other rookie quarterbacks have lately.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SA2K posted:

Well yeah it's a bad move for the city of San Diego, who are in win-now mode before they get their team taken away, but for the Chargers that might not be a bad deal

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

Eh, probably not. Rivers is very good.

But Tannehill hasn't plateaued yet. Not sure what his ceiling is.

You know what though? Their stat lines from last year weren't drastically different:

4286 yards
31 TD's
18 INT's
7.5 Y/A

vs

4045 yards
27 TD's
12 INT's
6.9 Y/A

That's not like worlds apart or anything. It's not difficult to imagine Tannehill getting a little better and matching Rivers statistically.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol guy with a rather consistent upward projectory and a top half first round pick for a guy who was benched against Miami get loving real. Obviously on average, right now, Philip is the better QB but no thanks to even a straight trade.

Miami is hindering tannehill right now not the other way around. So we're going to sink picks?

Tannehill is in his 3rd year putting up pretty drat similar stats. Omar you are a parody.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Greg Jennings is meeting with the Saints next.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

That's not like worlds apart or anything. It's not difficult to imagine Tannehill getting a little better and matching Rivers statistically.

The year prior Rivers completed 70% of his passes with a 32 / 11 TD / int split.

Funny things happen when you're playing your 5th different center.

I mean, I know it's funny to compare anyone's offensive line disfavorably to the Dolphins the last few years, but Rivers had to do a whole lot of ole bailouts for a dude as immobile as Brady.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Greg Jennings is going to visit every team in the league

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

The year prior Rivers completed 70% of his passes with a 32 / 11 TD / int split.

I mean, I know it's funny to compare anyone's offensive line disfavorably to the Dolphins the last few years, but Rivers had to do a whole lot of ole bailouts for a dude as immobile as Brady.

That's still not that far from Tannehill's 27 TD / 12 INT 66.4% line from last year.

I don't think Rivers' being a statue has much to do with this though. Mobility in the pocket is different than athleticism outside of it. But if we're talking just, "Who was playing behind a bad offensive line?" it's hard to imagine too many dudes having it worse than Tannyhills.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Jennings is clearly taking his family on a cross country road trip that's punctuated with an occasional detour to visit with a team. I predict Dallas next, followed by either Houston, Arizona, or Denver

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Not to mention tbe, yknow, broken ribs and bulging discs in his back

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rivers is 33 years old

• Locked thread