Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

following the angry birds theme, i think there should be a thread about birds in games, comparing their AI and textures and stuff to see which one is the best.

you should be the change you want to see on the forums, forums poster A Spider Covets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also do spiders covet Bongos or?????

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

you should be the change you want to see on the forums, forums poster A Spider Covets

im at work and im really tired and cranky!! im in a bad place to be funny right now.

Eonwe posted:

also do spiders covet Bongos or?????

they covet silken bloatees

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a funcoland that's apparently open and near me and they sell PS2 and Gamecube games.

I must see if this is real because it comes up under Gamestop's store locator.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's a funcoland that's apparently open and near me and they sell PS2 and Gamecube games.

I must see if this is real because it comes up under Gamestop's store locator.

it's probably just a Game Stop, i think they bought up all the Funcolands

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

I was gonna make another Interactive Fiction thread when the annual competition ended last year but still haven't done it :effort:
you should do it, IF is cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

it's probably just a Game Stop, i think they bought up all the Funcolands

Yes but to sell games two console generations back. They must have treasures.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lore of me, forums poster a spider covets:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072005

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

lore of me, forums poster a spider covets:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072005

i honestly was wondering, so thank you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my title text has always been from stage plays I was in, but I'm pretty sure the current quote is here to stay for quite awhile, which I'm fine with.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

I was gonna make another Interactive Fiction thread when the annual competition ended last year but still haven't done it :effort:
Man IF would totally be up my alley because I honestly do think games can have good storytelling and enjoy the hell out of the ones that strive for it, but I just despise text parsers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My avatar is because the cartoon thumbs up man loves Nintendo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I agree with thumbs up man. Hop into the clown car, cartoon dude, there's room for everyone.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

"The film is getting very positive reactions from major retail and licensing partners, as well as from consumer focus groups"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's total BS that Angry Birds is getting a film before hit Parker Brothers board game, Monopoly

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/13/watch-joe-dirt-travel-back-time-joe-dirt-2-teaser-trailer-exclusive

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bicyclops posted:

It's total BS that Angry Birds is getting a film before hit Parker Brothers board game, Monopoly

tbh theres no way a monopoly movie could be worse thant eh game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will never see it, but angry birds will probably do really well just because its angry birds

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i have been thinking about what would make it work and it would basically be providing players incentives not to purchase property or to trade with other players, adding either actual game strategy or player psychology strategy, making Monopoly one of the best strip games in existence, forever relegating its usefulness only to college students

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

the way you make monopoly work is you play one of the dozens of better games that have come out in the past half century

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i can't believe i'm about to say this but tbh i don't think the plot of the game would be all that bad for a kids movie. evil pigs steal birds' eggs, a group of birds gets together to get them back and cause mischief for the pigs. it's not mindblowing and it'd be one of those kids movies that probably suck to take your kid to (unlike Frozen or something) but it has the chance to not be godawful in every respect

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

the way you make monopoly work is you play one of the dozens of better games that have come out in the past half century

well, sure, if you want to take the easy way out!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Man IF would totally be up my alley because I honestly do think games can have good storytelling and enjoy the hell out of the ones that strive for it, but I just despise text parsers.
Look into the Choice Of _______ games if you haven't, some of them are really good and they're getting drat complex these days. Choice of Broadsides is good

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

gaming laptop status: selling it to a goon, i thought there were maybe like 3 of them in mn but there are a least four. one of them lives near me, as i have seen his vehicle on the road, adorned by SA emoticon stickers. i will barricade the doors tonight. standby

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

there's apparently a new age of empires ii expansion coming out

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

A Spider Covets posted:

gaming laptop status: selling it to a goon, i thought there were maybe like 3 of them in mn but there are a least four. one of them lives near me, as i have seen his vehicle on the road, adorned by SA emoticon stickers. i will barricade the doors tonight. standby

If it's south metro, then it's 4 :nsallears:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

theultimo posted:

If it's south metro, then it's 4 :nsallears:

wtf

this dude's from st paul but i live in the south metro suburbs... i need to get more boards for the windows. this will help me to game, too, as the sun's foul rays will not fall upon my screen when my home is fully boarded up.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

A Spider Covets posted:

wtf

this dude's from st paul but i live in the south metro suburbs... i need to get more boards for the windows. this will help me to game, too, as the sun's foul rays will not fall upon my screen when my home is fully boarded up.

Eh I'm on the edge of burnsville /eagan, right by the outlet malls of death.

It's odd how many lurkers there is.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

StashAugustine posted:

are you forgetting the Battleship movie

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ask me about being muscle shamed at Funcoland.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 14, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Uh there's a new guitar hero

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ask me about being muscle shamed at Funcoland.

Tell me about being muscle shamed at Funcoland, The Taint Reaper.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I think I walked in on a highly illegal amiibo dealing crime ring and the fat people did not want me being there, my floating from Nintendo to Sony bothered them for fear that I would swoop in and buy up whatever store exclusive amiibos were coming out of yonder backroom. For I looked like a COD Bro but did not purchase any call of duty and I was eyeing games that they themselves would have played. This caused them to approach me with a massive chip on their shoulder.

But the Street Fighter HD and Final Fight Collection was only 15 dollars.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Uh there's a new guitar hero

looks bad. hopefully the new rock band will not suck as hard

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think I walked in on a highly illegal amiibo dealing crime ring and the fat people did not want me being there, my floating from Nintendo to Sony bothered them for fear that I would swoop in and buy up whatever store exclusive amiibos were coming out of yonder backroom. For I looked like a COD Bro but did not purchase any call of duty and I was eyeing games that they themselves would have played. This caused them to approach me with a massive chip on their shoulder.

what did the bad nerds say to you

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

They changed the guitar and how it plays. Why the gently caress would they do this lol

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hm, good get. I went to Gamestop to preorder a Ness Amiibo uhh last week I guess and the guys in line were all talking about Chris-chan and the exact drop rates of items in Earthbound and I felt extremely othered and triggered in that moment.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

When your trailer has Fallout Boy, I about threw up in my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The REAL Goobusters posted:

They changed the guitar and how it plays. Why the gently caress would they do this lol

i hear they also took out the keytar? hosed up, that was my jam

granted i still can't manage anything harder than medium but at least I have my pick of almost everything with that

• Locked thread