Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Mung Dynasty posted:

agreed

i kind of wanna get a gtx 970 but wasnt there some memory fuckup

There was an issue with 4 GB GTX 980s if you went over 3.5 GB VRAM usage, if memory serves. As far as I'm aware, the lower RAM cards don't have that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

zen death robot posted:

it's the 970s not the 980s

oh well disregard everything I said then. If I got the card model wrong, I'm probably wrong about everything else :v:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I want to get some heists going later tonight/this week. I've got the apartment and cash. Anybody else down?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm sort of considering getting a second 970 but I guess it might just be better to get a 980 and go from there.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
http://gfycat.com/GleamingConstantHorse

GOTY

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I'll be down if R* gets my garage sorted out soon, I'm kinda avoiding doing much until they fix that

drat that bites man, I was able to transfer my character on the first try with everything sorted much to my surprise.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

zen death robot posted:

the last 512MB are on a half-bandwidth backplane so if you absolutely max poo poo out there may be some bad performance there

and they never revised this i take it

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

zen death robot posted:

its part of the way the architecture works, its just how it is

i will keep this in mind when considering my purchase thx

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Giant loving gif because it's 2015 and you still can't embed webms on SA.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Driving out in the countryside on a bike in first person... Gaming's ambrosia...

my god..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frank Horrigan posted:

Giant loving gif because it's 2015 and you still can't embed webms on SA.

*pours one out*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a gtx 970. Just thought I'd clue you all in on my purchases

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

760 is running this just fine, but i cant max out the texture detail or shadows. it still looks really loving good despite that

like they went in and face-lifted every tiny little thing about the GTA4 engine

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I have a gtx 970. Just thought I'd clue you all in on my purchases

I have a GTX 960. I bought it a month before they started bundling The Witcher 3 with it. Told Amazon I didn't get a key with my purchase, and they credited my account $65. Bought GTA 5 and Pillars of Eternity with that money. :smug:

Can't max out settings on it due to VRAM limitations, but it handles everything on Very High just fine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
this game is excellent. just wish when i got up to some serious speed my frame rate didnt start going above 60 all weirdly.

first person is the best. i like to point at everything

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Teh memory thing in 970 basically doewsnt matter. I have 960 and its not good enough. I need to max everything. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. The low vram hurts. I need to get a job and make big bucks.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
whenever i try and upload the video i made to youtube the game gets stuck on a screen and i have to alt+f4 out. everything about it seems to hate cooperating with steam too

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

it is :smith:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I just sold my old 770 on eBay was that you?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I got two Titan style 770s that light up now. I'm gay

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
There was one in Sa mart for like $160 the other day

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Spend 15 minutes waiting for a mission to start in GTAO, take two steps, then it marks everybody as the loser. The gently caress?

e: Requested an invite to the obese brotherhood as Azurrat. Looking forward to my pending rejection. :buddy:

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 14, 2015

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

BrettRobb posted:

I got two Titan style 770s that light up now. I'm gay

:pcgaming:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Haven't had a chance to play yet I'm so exited, I work until 9 tonight though

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Vsync was limiting my game at 30 instead of 60 for some reason and that was on "full" not "half"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How do you get this game to use Big Picture mode's overlay

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the flight instructor is too mean

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The holy AMD drivers that supposedly fix the stuttering are gonna take 2 hours to download.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I found somewhere else to download. AMD must be getting hammered the useless cunts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if anyones worried about messing up the game with the pre-order bonus money, very early on there is a bank heist mission that you get a couple 100k from so it's not really a huge deal.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
how long do we have to wait for the touhou mods?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The holy AMD drivers that supposedly fix the stuttering are gonna take 2 hours to download.

are u downloading a nvidia video card because that might take longer than 2 hours

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Anybody playing GTAO tonight? Me and someone named vadeogames shot cops and each other for a bit. Was pretty fun.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

For anyone having trouble with stuttering, install the drat drivers. Makes a world of difference and I'm able to crank everything up some now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish the firing range wouldn't let your gun have the upgrades on it because it makes having leaderboards kinda dumb...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got like #40 on one of them but it was with an extended mag so it doesn't feel that epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They didn't even balance for mouse aim so I been smoking the crap out of some of them. The railgun ones can get hosed though.

• Locked thread