Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Marvel's way of reminding people that the film's and shows will remain separate is by making Clark Gregg feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wouldn't think Gregg would have a huge emotional investment in whether any of those people appear in the show he is also on. Is not like he's a producer or show runner.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
According to this, the Purple Man may not actually be Purple in the Jessica Jones series.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Not surprising really given the way Daredevil has been played I'd presume them to go as "realistic" as possible with things.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

greatn posted:

I wouldn't think Gregg would have a huge emotional investment in whether any of those people appear in the show he is also on. Is not like he's a producer or show runner.

They're on the same team. What happened is like the equivalent of Kobe telling Jeremy Lin he's a piece of poo poo, nobody likes him, and nobody wants to play with him.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

teagone posted:

They're on the same team. What happened is like the equivalent of Kobe telling Jeremy Lin he's a piece of poo poo, nobody likes him, and nobody wants to play with him.

You're overreacting a little bit here.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

You're overreacting a little bit here.

Yep.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Guys, it clearly was a loving setup. You really think that was real?

What would be the point of planning a huge awkward pause like that? It wasn't funny, it was awkward.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Not surprising really given the way Daredevil has been played I'd presume them to go as "realistic" as possible with things.

I can see him turning purple somewhere along the way. The deeper you get into Daredevil, the crazier it gets (mostly revolving around the Kun Lun tease and the hand). I won't be murderous fanboy if it never happens though.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up A: only turning purple when using his powers or B: is wearing makeup to hide being purple and is only occasionally revealed.

It's cheaper and easier on the actor that way.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Or he goes around making people think he isn't purple because he has mind control powers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seriously people, they all make super obvious faces and some literally look back and forth like a cartoon at the question. It's a joke.

They're not going to do the show anyway, but it's a joke.

It's not funny because it's Jimmy Kimmel.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Aphrodite posted:

Seriously people, they all make super obvious faces and some literally look back and forth like a cartoon at the question. It's a joke.

They're not going to do the show anyway, but it's a joke.

Thank gently caress. I thought I was the only one who realized this.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Or maybe he has a normal skin tone, but an over exaggerated flowery manner of speech.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Seriously I forced myself to watch Jimmy Kimmel back when they were showing the Guardians trailer and that whole show is just lovely humour that is supremely awkward.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I dunno. I thought the Matt Damon stuff was funny. Also when he embarrasses people on the street who don't know what they are talking about by making poo poo up and getting them to go on about it. Mean Tweets is him too right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes it was clearly an unfunny joke because it was on Kimmel. The entire episode was full of them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_blmI066M

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Yes it was clearly an unfunny joke because it was on Kimmel. The entire episode was full of them.

Hmm, the whole interview was pretty loving terrible. I only ever watched the parents eat all the the trick or treat candy thing that Kimmel did which was mildly amusing. Either way, if it were a joke, I hope Clark Gregg was in on it, because drat, if not... lol.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just aired a commercial for DD during AoS that called him the "first Defender."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

They just aired a commercial for DD during AoS that called him the "first Defender."

The Crimson Horned Man With a Plan (OK, Not Really, He'll Just Punch Guys Till The Problem Is Fixed)?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, that was in several of the early promo spots and trailers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One thing I noticed in the finale was that it was a hell of a lot easier to notice Daredevil doing the cool ricochet stuff with his clubs when they're a bright primary colour. He does a bit of it earlier, but it's harder to follow (maybe deliberate to show being less practised?) with the plain wood.

Oh, and I was amused that the big arc phrase from the Affleck movie is also used as a big moment in the show's finale.

EDIT: And how come Foggy doesn't suggest Marci join the firm, instead of looking for another white-shoe job?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 15, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, he probably knows her well enough to know that she would tell him to go shoot himself or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

One thing I noticed in the finale was that it was a hell of a lot easier to notice Daredevil doing the cool ricochet stuff with his clubs when they're a bright primary colour. He does a bit of it earlier, but it's harder to follow (maybe deliberate to show being less practised?) with the plain wood.

Oh, and I was amused that the big arc phrase from the Affleck movie is also used as a big moment in the show's finale.

EDIT: And how come Foggy doesn't suggest Marci join the firm, instead of looking for another white-shoe job?

They can't afford to pay her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She's got a gig lined up working customer service for the kindle fire.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I never harbored huge hatred for the Affleck movie, though I've only watched it once. I looked up some clips on Youtube post watching the Netflix show and holy poo poo that thing looks loving unbearable. Just the soundtrack alone nearly puts me in a violent frenzy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The vfx aged horribly, and apparently being blind and having super sonar means you can dive off a building, land on a scaffold 20 stories down, and be hunky dory.

Edit: but coolio.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

WarLocke posted:

What would be the point of planning a huge awkward pause like that? It wasn't funny, it was awkward.

The awkward pause could be a lot of them are already slated for cameos and they don't want to give it away, and Clark Gregg was just hamming it up (Something he does well).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

The vfx aged horribly, and apparently being blind and having super sonar means you can dive off a building, land on a scaffold 20 stories down, and be hunky dory.

Edit: but coolio.

Comic book DD does this poo poo all the time bro.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Comic book DD does this poo poo all the time bro.

Also get into fights with Namor and the Hulk.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I have become addicted to re-watching Daredevil with the "English-Audio Description" audio track. It is really quite awesome. You get the regular audio track, but with the addition of an intense, dramatic voiceover saying things like "and then Matt does a sweet roundhouse that knocks the gangster out" the entire time during non-dialogue scenes.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 15, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The awkward pause could be a lot of them are already slated for cameos and they don't want to give it away, and Clark Gregg was just hamming it up (Something he does well).

A very seriously doubt any of them will ever be on the TV show, maybe Colbie Smulders will pop up again.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I feel like the Daredevil movie would get more poo poo than it already does if Catwoman hadn't come out like a year later and crowned itself as the worst comic book movie ever. I mean Daredevil might've had CGI super jumping, or Elektra training in some nonsensical fully-automated dark ballroom, but at least it didn't have the loving basketball scene out of Catwoman.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Edit: Re: Daredevil
Was anyone else really surprised that they killed off Ben Urich? I would have thought they'd want the character around for the other Netflix shows.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 15, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sefer posted:

Was anyone else really surprised that they killed off Ben Urich? I would have thought they'd want the character around for the other Netflix shows.

Yeah, I totally thought that's what they were setting up. I mean JJ worked for him at the Pulse at one point right?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sefer posted:

This is partially my fault but might want to mark that as a later episode DD spoiler. (I shouldn't have hovered anyway but I'm caught up on all other shows I care about so it was a lapse in judegment)

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VDay posted:

I feel like the Daredevil movie would get more poo poo than it already does if Catwoman hadn't come out like a year later and crowned itself as the worst comic book movie ever. I mean Daredevil might've had CGI super jumping, or Elektra training in some nonsensical fully-automated dark ballroom, but at least it didn't have the loving basketball scene out of Catwoman.

I think Elektra helped as well even though it came out a year after Catwoman. Catwoman set the bar in that department, Elektra was just a forgettable mess.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Catwoman and Elektra were also the last (and only?) superhero movies headlined by women, and will be until Wonder Woman in two years. That is depressing on so many levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Guy A. Person posted:

This is partially my fault but might want to mark that as a later episode DD spoiler. (I shouldn't have hovered anyway but I'm caught up on all other shows I care about so it was a lapse in judegment)

Sorry, I added something. Most everyone was talking DD, I didn't really think about calling it out.