Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

How did Alex make it as a poker player? Dude spent the entire game either visibly pissed off or confused.

Keith Williams' The Final Wager blog posted a YouTube video of Alex playing poker professionally on its Facebook page. Here's the link so you can judge for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piACNVvMGhM

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The test is tomorrow don't forget to sign up!

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Weird. I registered on 4/1 but never got an email update with my online test time.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Yay! I got the FJ clue correct, even though it was Geography!

I guess reenacting WW2 as a Russian has finally paid off.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zakharov posted:

The test is tomorrow don't forget to sign up!

Can't take it again, but I wish you guys luck! Also, I have the email of a Jeopardy contestant coordinator which they told us in our contestant packet to give to anyone who I thought might make a good contestant. It says that I should have you guys email her after you take the test. I could PM it to you guys if you want. I've already given it to my cousin who's a big Jeopardy guy.

Alex continuing to dominate this game. Didn't even need to bother with Final, which I got almost immediately, instead going with the personal message to people at home. Well, he can afford to do that, what with the lead he had. Blac counts good enough for Black in my book, though! Too bad for Carlos, that brain fart on that Daily Double he got in Double Jeopardy cost him big and he never quite recovered as a possible challenger to Alex's lead.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

Also, I have the email of a Jeopardy contestant coordinator which they told us in our contestant packet to give to anyone who I thought might make a good contestant. It says that I should have you guys email her after you take the test. I could PM it to you guys if you want.

Very interested in that opportunity, if you wouldn't mind! Taking the test on Tuesday.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I'm already in the pool and thus won't be taking the test, but please email Maggie and put a good word in for me :)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

GhostStalker posted:

Can't take it again, but I wish you guys luck! Also, I have the email of a Jeopardy contestant coordinator which they told us in our contestant packet to give to anyone who I thought might make a good contestant. It says that I should have you guys email her after you take the test. I could PM it to you guys if you want. I've already given it to my cousin who's a big Jeopardy guy.

Alex continuing to dominate this game. Didn't even need to bother with Final, which I got almost immediately, instead going with the personal message to people at home. Well, he can afford to do that, what with the lead he had. Blac counts good enough for Black in my book, though! Too bad for Carlos, that brain fart on that Daily Double he got in Double Jeopardy cost him big and he never quite recovered as a possible challenger to Alex's lead.

Don't make me beg.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zakharov posted:

I'm already in the pool and thus won't be taking the test, but please email Maggie and put a good word in for me :)

It's not Maggie's email, but Corina's.

I'll send some PMs shortly.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GhostStalker posted:

If it's not too late, I'd like to get in on this.

errad
May 31, 2013

GhostStalker posted:

It's not Maggie's email, but Corina's.

I'll send some PMs shortly.

Hey could you shoot me Corina's email as well? I won't let you down!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol "de jure"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm not going to score well enough on the test to deserve Corinna's email.

I think two years ago when I did the test I got around 29.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

GhostStalker posted:

Yo

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010
Would you mind passing the email along to me? I'm taking the test tonight, hope I do better than I did last time.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I would also like that email, if possible. I'm taking the test this evening for the first time and if I do well enough that'd be lovely.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Man, I didn't think there would be this much interest. I'll send some PMs out now.

Also, the notice says that you should put whoever recommended you in the email you write her, and I'm not about to give out my real name here on the forums, but it's easy enough to look up via j-archive and the info in my avatar if you've forgotten it from my episode.

Just don't go around spreading around the link to the notice and Corina's email, since it'll look kinda weird if she gets a boatload of emails referencing my name. I've only given it to my cousin and a couple of people here so far, so it'll make me look bad if she gets more than a handful.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 14, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

HookShot posted:

I think two years ago when I did the test I got around 29.

The test I got an audition for I got high 40s. I looked at the answers from the next day's test and I got in the 20s. You just never know.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Alex is the best. I hope he never loses.

:lol: at the last daily double today.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

wa27 posted:

I hope when he bets the farm on final jeopardy, he writes out, "All of it".

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Crap, I managed to get out early but they closed registration so I can't take the test. Good Luck goons

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

wa27 posted:

:lol: at the last daily double today.

Ha, you weren't kidding. Got a laugh out of me. So many people are salty about Alex continuing to do well, it's hilarious. Shades of Arthur Chu going on here. Complaining about Forrest Bounces, complaining about scratching, complaining he looks stoned, etc. Didn't need Final again tonight, good on him.

I had no idea about Final, though. Had to correct someone who thought that Obama had changed his name from Soetero. Why do those rumors still have so much credence after being debunked for that long I'll never know, but I'll willing to bet its because of the Tea Party wing of the GOP...

Also, to all who are taking the test tonight, good luck!

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Today's test seemed REALLY easy

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Arturo Ui posted:

Today's test seemed REALLY easy
Way easier than the one I got last year.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I missed today's test, so I guess I'll have to do it tomorrow; but last year's kicked my rear end. Good hearing that this is easier.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

This test felt harder than the other ones I've taken. Too much composers and poetry, very light on math and science.

The Space Pope
Apr 23, 2010
Is there a separate thread to talk about the test and compare answers? I know there was two years ago when I took it.

Also that seemed really hard.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Space Pope posted:

Is there a separate thread to talk about the test and compare answers? I know there was two years ago when I took it.

Also that seemed really hard.

The answers will show up on j-board sometime this evening

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
That was easy! Was it supposed to repeat the questions twice?

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The answers will show up on j-board sometime this evening

They'll also be posted on the J! Facebook page, for those that do Facebook.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

rockinricky posted:

They'll also be posted on the J! Facebook page, for those that do Facebook.

I was looking at the questions they posted on Facebook a little while ago for this test, and I think I got ~40 out of 50 questions right on this one, but that was without the 15 second time limit counting down right there in front of me. Still, the ones I got, I got almost immediately, with the exception of one or two that I was hung up on, so I don't think the timer would've mattered all that much to me.

Too bad I can't go on again.

Remember to send those emails to Corina if you took the test!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 15, 2015

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I believe I got 37. It seemed way easier than I expected but I also felt like I got lucky with a lot of them (for example, I WENT to that Matisse exhibition at MOMA, and I loved "Wild"). I can't believe I pulled out the capital of Estonia. Hardly any geography or world history questions.

Totally beating myself up about "ion", though. My first thought, seeing the category and question, was "ion". Then I thought that didn't seem right, and typed "neutron". Then I realized that didn't fit the category, and decided to change it to "ion", but I only had time to delete "neutron". My own personal "Italy England" moment.

Also, I guessed "Medal of Valor" instead of "Medal of Honor". Oh well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I liked the middle guy in tonight's show. He was all, "I can't believe this loving guy".

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Argh, that was a tricky test. I just scored it and got 37/50, but the frustrating thing is that I missed 10 questions in the first half and only 3 in the second. So, GhostStalker, it's up to you whether those are worthy creds. :)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Argh, that was a tricky test. I just scored it and got 37/50, but the frustrating thing is that I missed 10 questions in the first half and only 3 in the second. So, GhostStalker, it's up to you whether those are worthy creds. :)

Rumored unofficial cutoff is 35, so it should be good!

Sorry about forgetting to send you a PM, I'll do it now.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
48/50 here. I missed the first two questions.

Hopefully if I get picked (I've probably passed the test 5-6 times but never advanced any further) they will have sites closer to Michigan than Boston and KC.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Arturo Ui posted:

48/50 here. I missed the first two questions.

Hopefully if I get picked (I've probably passed the test 5-6 times but never advanced any further) they will have sites closer to Michigan than Boston and KC.

drat, that's pretty good. Want the email of the contestant coordinator that I was offering above in this thread?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Just looked at the questions - the early questions were a lot harder than the later ones, IMO. Good vibes to everyone who took it tonight.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This was my first time I've tried and I was a bit surprised how easy the majority of them were, but at the same time they did get me on more than I'd have liked. The one that bugged me the most was the Estonia question. I sat there KNOWING it had two Ls, an I, and an N and couldn't get Tallinn out of my memory once Vilnius got in there (which I know is Lithuania).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
My memory device for those three countries:

Estonia - Brendan Fraser was sure Tall Inn encino man.
Lithuanians - they're all dirty villains.
Latvians - the king of Latvia sure is riga-l.

My air date is June 18. When an I gonna get my picture with Alex in the old email?