Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

Is this going to be a sequel to that Libertarian fairy tale with the talking gorilla and mummy person and how the Articles of Confederation were super good?

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

If Hillary Clinton has a sense of humor she'll get Amy Poehler to start driving around Iowa in an identical van.

Well, this is what you see when you encounter an error on her official website:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm a Canadian and I don't know much about the current canidates, I assume they're all terrible but are any particularly bad? (Ted Cruz is I think??)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Anatharon posted:

I'm a Canadian and I don't know much about the current canidates, I assume they're all terrible but are any particularly bad? (Ted Cruz is I think??)

Yeah, thanks for him.

Jeb Bush is the most moderate of the Republican candidates and he's more conservative than his brother, to give you a general idea.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ShutteredIn posted:

Whatever, Marco Rubio's demo was better than his new album.

Rubio is sure to win if he keeps using the marketing strategies Microsoft used with the Xbone.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

More Rand panels! Weigel review

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

No way.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

icantfindaname posted:

Do these people really still exist? I don't know anything about the South from personal experience, but it seems to me after 40 years they probably don't

At least here in NC, I am pretty sure Obama not being in office will encourage the swamp people to go back to not voting again

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This surely is the greatest day.

EDIT: I guess some "politics" happened today too

quote:

MONTICELLO, Iowa—Hillary Clinton launched her presidential campaign here Tuesday with aggressive attacks on the financial system as she offered broad strokes of her case for running at her first formal event.

"I think it’s fair to say that if you look across the country, the deck is stacked in favor of those already at the top," she said at a roundtable in an auto tech lab at Kirkwood Community College. "There’s something wrong when CEOs make 300 times more than the American worker … There’s something wrong when American workers keep getting more productive … but that productivity is not matched in their paychecks."

And, the former secretary of state continued, "there’s something wrong when hedge fund managers pay less in taxes than nurses or the truckers I saw on I-80” while driving from New York to Iowa over the past two days

The visit here was her second semi-public stop of the day, after a morning run for chai and conversation at a coffee shop in Le Claire, just north of the Quad Cities. There, she joked about "drink[ing] my way across Iowa," but even more important than those drinks are the conversations she plans to have with intentionally small groups of voters.

Around a U-shaped table, Clinton spent an hour with a handful of high school and college students, a teacher, and the college's president. She listened to their views about education and the economy, asking pointed questions along the way.

But she made more than a few nods to the dozens of members of the media who gathered to see her. "I'm running for president because I think Americans and their families need a champion and I want to be that champion," she said, echoing her comments in Sunday's announcement video.

Clinton said she’s anxious to hear from Americans about what’s important for them and what policies they see working in their own communities, but also that she decided to start with a baseline of "four big fights” she wants to wage:

—To "build the economy of tomorrow not yesterday.”

—To “strengthen families and communities.”

—To “fix our dysfunctional political system and get unaccountable money out of it once and for all – even if that means a constitutional amendment.”

—And to protect the country "from the threats that we see and the ones that are on the horizon."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...e-fund-managers

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 14, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
The thread got quiet. Everyone is sitting in stunned silence.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Oh my god. :stare:

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Lemming posted:

Is this going to be a sequel to that Libertarian fairy tale with the talking gorilla and mummy person and how the Articles of Confederation were super good?

I actually got half way through that comic before I realized it wasn't a parody.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

kill you're parents

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Which one of you, etc...

:stare:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I don't really know what to say, except is there any way to make images into thread titles

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

http://www.bigheadpress.com/tpbtgn?page=0

Don't read it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Omfg

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Or, y'know, do. Because it's hilariously terrible.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I take it all back, Rand Paul 2016.

Avatarize that poo poo immediately.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fired up, ready for George!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28gQmHUfYOE

This guy still has banners calling for his death in northern New York on the reservation that shot down the state trooper helicopter during his administration, but sure, he'll take on ISIS.

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!

Well, time for an avatar change.

For you see, I too worship at the altar of Aqua Buddha.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Prosopagnosiac posted:

Well, time for an avatar change.

For you see, I too worship at the altar of Aqua Buddha.
If you don't get it, I will.

edit: oh screw it, I'm jumping on board regardless. everyone needs Aqua Buddha in his/her life

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 15, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
That these guys tend to have the same opinions and ideas about college is kinda representative of their own experiences tbh.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

What

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!

Grey Fox posted:

If you don't get it, I will.

edit: oh screw it, I'm jumping on board regardless. everyone needs Aqua Buddha in his/her life

drat you! I was just about to do that! Oh well there's plenty more avatar material in there.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I remember a few months back in the Obama SoTU 2015 speech thread, when Enigma89 brushed off Rand's stance on Civil Rights with "yeah I guess that's relevant when you're being blown to pieces" and then I said "yeah well he's fine with drone-striking domestic shoplifters" and he ignored that to respond to another poster pressing him on the CRA.

I think this all you need to know about him, really.

Enigma89 managed to get kicked out of goonfleet, the SA eve online space guild, for being too creepy and shady for goons to tolerate. Eve goons.

Meditate on that for a while.

e: or better yet don't do that and think of something happy instead :buddy:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Sorry Prosopagnosiac :( A strange force I can't really comprehend took over. I felt like a pawn in someone else's hand, compelling me to purge my terrible, decade-old avatar.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

If I were Clinton I would run on being able to provide what Obama was missing-a tough no compromise president who will fight where Obama didn't or couldn't.

So baiting the Republicans into calling her a bitch?

Enigma89 posted:

I blame the voters that are willing to vote for hawks. I have no idea why everyday voters are okay with foreign adventures with tanks and planes.

I'm not getting my hands bloodied. A vote for these terrible wars is an embarrassment.

Just because there is one option that is less evil doesn't make it not evil.

And just because you pretend that you stood on the sidelines and were uninvolved doesn't mean you freaking are.

Edmund Burke said that all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. By not voting for the lesser of two evils in a two party system, you are indirectly voting for the greater, awarding him the abscence of a vote for his opponent, which from his perspective is just as good.

So you can sit there and pretend that you have a clear conscience if this poo poo goes tits up, but despite your self delusion, it will still be on you. So, is it that you actually want to do the right thing, or do you want to feel smugly superior and pretend to be above it all?

site posted:

Has anyone else on the Democratic side even said (or hinted) that they'd be running?

Like, what happens if Hillary is literally the only person running? Do they just cancel all the primary events and stuff?

I'm currently hoping for her debating Kevin Spacey and Joulia Louis-Dreyfus, both in character.

I'm being serious here. That'd make for some drat great TV.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seriously what the gently caress is this comic. I don't know what point it's trying to make because it portrays literally everything as bad.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The funny thing about the moral high ground is that you can't see any farther from up there.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is this comic. I don't know what point it's trying to make because it portrays literally everything as bad.

Libertarianism becomes a lot easier to understand once you accept that it's just really loving stupid.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Probability_Broach

quote:

The Probability Broach is the first novel (1980) by American science fiction writer L. Neil Smith.

The Probability Broach won the 1982 Prometheus Award, which L. Neil Smith himself had created, and which is awarded by the Libertarian Futurist Society.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fulchrum posted:

So baiting the Republicans into calling her a bitch?

I'm being serious here. That'd make for some drat great TV.

Getting the Republicans to do that would be amazing.

Also I would watch that hypothetical fake debate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Well you see, the American Revolution failed its ideals after the Articles of Confederation were discarded by the Tyrant Washington, who ushered in the age of statism and stagnation. Had he instead been deposed and executed for usurpation and crimes against the Revolution, a new era would have dawned that would see such tremendous advances in technology that humanity could afford to make apes capable of speech just for fun. Additionally, its totally possible to run a country of 300 million people with a volunteer government. Because rational self-interest.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Reminder:

Someone tries to assassinate the wize grandma on a blimp. Everyone on the blimp whips out a gun and starts shooting like it's a Jet Li movie.

This is painted as a good thing.

Lote fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 15, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

You stand at a precipice. You can either cease this line of inquiry and back away now, or hurl yourself down into the howling void of insane libertarian stupidity.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lote posted:

Reminder:

Someone tries to assassinate the wize grandma on a blimp. Everyone on the blimp whips out a gun and starts shooting like it's a Jet Li movie.

This is painted as a good thing.

Because remember, the blimp company has a rule that you have to switch out your ammo for non-armor-piercing safety ammo before you get on board.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

VanSandman posted:

Getting the Republicans to do that would be amazing.

Also I would watch that hypothetical fake debate.

It's going to happen at some point for sure, Republicans don't seem to have the same kind of caution for that as they do the N-word. At the very least one of them will be confronted with a recording of them calling Hillary a bitch in the past and lurch into either a desperate retraction or an off-the-cuff attempt to argue that it's actually okay to call women bitches if they are one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
A reminder that the author of that comic also wrote a series of Star Wars novels featuring Lando Calrissian.

• Locked thread