Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Guy who started that rumor admitted he was lying when people called him out on listing it as NEOBOWSERCITY instead of the actual name of NEOKOOPACITY

Nekobowsercity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Neo Kobowser Pizza

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Hey, does the WiiU emulator for VC titles do anything special, like speed up or quick save? Or are all the ports straight ports?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

You get a save state which is cool

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bean posted:

Hey, does the WiiU emulator for VC titles do anything special, like speed up or quick save? Or are all the ports straight ports?

You can save and restore states.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Are we going to learn what tracks are in the 2nd Mario Kart dlc before it comes out?

there's probably gonna be a sm3dw track of some sort because one of the cups is the cat bell

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Crossposting from the MK8 thread, so I can answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jc0HKfbYRs

edit: They just posted like everything on the channel now, like Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, Neo Boweser City, and the new courses (like Big Blue!).

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 15, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Holy poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GlN3rMvJ4Y

It's not Maple Treeway but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJffW8dD_jk

Music is reminiscent.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 15, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't watch them right now, can someone post a list of all the new stuff?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Big Blue
Rinrin Metro (Train Stage)
Nature Road
AC Stage
GBA Cheese Land
GBA Ribbon Road
GC Baby Park
3DS Neo Bower City

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Champeenship posted:

Crossposting from the MK8 thread, so I can answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jc0HKfbYRs

edit: They just posted like everything on the channel now, like Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, Neo Boweser City, and the new courses (like Big Blue!).

Oh hell yes!

And this too is good stuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I for one can't wait for 200 CC Baby Park

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Baby Park 200cc 12 players is going to be absolutely insane. I am guessing it will just be a random winner every time and skill will go totally out the window.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Guy who started that rumor admitted he was lying when people called him out on listing it as NEOBOWSERCITY instead of the actual name of NEOKOOPACITY

Guess he wasn't making things up after all; the ingame signage reads "Neo Bowser City" even in Japanese footage.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You know you could be mad that a bunch of these tracks are taken from previous titles; but then you look at Ribbon Road and see just how much detail they put into that thing.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
BABY loving PARK!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond thrilled.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You know you could be mad that a bunch of these tracks are taken from previous titles; but then you look at Ribbon Road and see just how much detail they put into that thing.

One cup's worth new tracks and one cup's worth of retro seems pretty standard; that's the same distribution the core, unDLC'd game had. And its not like they were ported over with no changes; some of the retro stages are hardly recognizable after the upgrades.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

jivjov posted:

One cup's worth new tracks and one cup's worth of retro seems pretty standard; that's the same distribution the core, unDLC'd game had. And its not like they were ported over with no changes; some of the retro stages are hardly recognizable after the upgrades.

Yeah, they made Cheese Land into not one of the worst courses ever :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

majormonotone posted:

Yeah, they made Cheese Land into not one of the worst courses ever :v:

As a lactose intolerant goon....I'll still hate it.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I wish you could edit number the laps in Mario Kart. 100 laps Baby Park frantic items 200cc sounds crazy.

"Hey, I'm 20 laps ahead." *gets hit with 30 blue shells in a row*

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Have you ever played Mario Kart? For the last n number of releases 1 cup was new, 1 cup was retro.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

jivjov posted:

I can understand why they hardly ever go back to the SNES stages for potential stage remasters. With all the work they'd be putting into them it's like they'd be making an entirely new stage, so why not just make a new stage at that point? At least the GBA game has stages with pretty interesting and varied themes they're able to expand on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can understand why they hardly ever go back to the SNES stages for potential stage remasters. With all the work they'd be putting into them it's like they'd be making an entirely new stage, so why not just make a new stage at that point? At least the GBA game has stages with pretty interesting and varied themes they're able to expand on.

I do like how the SNES stage for 8 was handled; what with the rainbow block walls and the like. I wouldn't have minded one more SNES track.

Maybe this pair of DLC packs was successful enough to warrant another set..

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mario Kart Toy Story edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxGpq87MJY

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Goddamn that Big Blue soundtrack is good.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I also just noticed the Pink Gold Baby Peach statue in Baby Park.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Ribbon Road also include the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ohhhh these tracks are amazing! This is gonna be so much fun

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You know, I had my doubts about the Animal Crossing DLC, but seeing that Big Blue track has won me over completely

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Baby Park is going to be an absolute slaughter at 200cc :allears:. If you really want to test your friendship, and risk your life, that's the course to do it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

Guess he wasn't making things up after all; the ingame signage reads "Neo Bowser City" even in Japanese footage.

That' pretty nuts! Though I noticed guard rails in the middle of baby park. Boooo

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Holy gently caress, another F-Zero track?

Just make a new F-Zero you fuckers. :argh:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I tried f-zero 64 and was kinda flabbergasted at how tough the controls are. Still love the SNES one though.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Holy gently caress, another F-Zero track?

Just make a new F-Zero you fuckers. :argh:

At E3, Nintendo will announce that they are releasing DLC which will completely transform Mario Kart 8 into F-Zero, bringing the franchise back full circle.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Xenoblades site just posted a summed video on all that was show in the xeno directs. The last 30 seconds gives you an idea of what scenarios you will be up against.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfo2VNqxX3Y

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Okay, for those of us who didn't catch it the first time around, why is Baby Park so loved?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bean posted:

Okay, for those of us who didn't catch it the first time around, why is Baby Park so loved?

it's a big oval

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ruggington posted:

it's a big oval

Its a small meat grinder made of drifting.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Bean posted:

Nostalgia Goggles, mainly. Excitebike Arena is the same drat thing done better.

Happy to see the GBA version get some love though. Super Circuit is a really interesting mix of SNES and 64 kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bean posted:

In double dash there were giant items like the bowser shell and banana as well as waves of fire and other stupid horseshit. There wasn't a railing in the middle either and you had 7 laps so entire time normal shells and bowser shells were ping-ponging loving everywhere and it was chaos.

They brought it back in DS and it sucked because it went to 5 laps and there were no such crazy items

Now it's back again and it has rails in the middle locking out the only unique thing about it so it's junk.

• Locked thread