Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Kikas posted:

Johnny bears a striking resemblance to Vegeta in the last panel.

Unhappy Meal posted:

And Johnny knows what color a real badman wears.

I need pictures. Pictures of Johnny wearing that shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kikas posted:

Johnny bears a striking resemblance to Vegeta in the last panel. And drat he has some muscle, I thought he was more scrawny looking.

Johnny is just constantly in Super Saiyan God mode.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The character art's really good on this page, although I just noticed all the backgrounds are gradients. This is going to be one great game of Hitball.

The crowd's filled out with a lot of extras we haven't seen before, but I'm going to assume none of them will be even supporting characters like Jeff and Cody.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Y'know, most stories don't intend for you to love the bully characters as much as the protagonists. But goddamn is Johnny's entire group great.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Guys I am so hyped for hit ball

I'm hitball hype, as well.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
johnny got ripped

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PleasingFungus posted:

johnny got ripped

The power of conferred alpha status sustains him.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Stephen lives on in our hearts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny is going to play mind games and pick Max.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Has Johnny worn that shirt before? I'm just having trouble reading the visible text on it.

It looks like it's a heart surrounding two lines of text. First line starts with a 'U', it seems like. Either that or it's two vertical lines, so it could be an "I" and an "L". The second starts with 'me'.

If Johnny is wearing a shirt that says "I love me." :allears:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Kgummy posted:

Has Johnny worn that shirt before? I'm just having trouble reading the visible text on it.

It looks like it's a heart surrounding two lines of text. First line starts with a 'U', it seems like. Either that or it's two vertical lines, so it could be an "I" and an "L". The second starts with 'me'.

If Johnny is wearing a shirt that says "I love me." :allears:

It says UR MOM.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
That works too.

Edit: Went back after I remembered that Johnny had some better shots a few pages back. Not sure why I would forget that shirt though.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 10, 2015

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dolash posted:

The character art's really good on this page, although I just noticed all the backgrounds are gradients. This is going to be one great game of Hitball.

The crowd's filled out with a lot of extras we haven't seen before, but I'm going to assume none of them will be even supporting characters like Jeff and Cody.

Actually, if you look back a page you can see most of the supporting characters. Jeff is crouched way in the back, news crew is to the left of Isabel, Violet and Lisa are sitting in the front. The only one I'm not 100% on is Cody, though I think that's him standing next to Jeff.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh sure, there's all the established students, but there's also a bunch of extras filling out the scene too. Although I guess it's been previously established that sometimes background students are actually ghosts or spirits.

It'd be funny if Johnny starts being able to see spirits and ghosts while picking teams and tries to pick a student that isn't real.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I haven't seen Isaac there yet, otherwise I'd expect Isabel to pass over Isaac (not a team player, he'd take it as an insult), allowing Johnny to swoop in and manipulate him with the power of friendship and/or bullying.

Dolash posted:

It'd be funny if Johnny starts being able to see spirits and ghosts while picking teams and tries to pick a student that isn't real.

This would be funny, but also a very quick possession-to-spectral turnaround.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
I like how they genuinely (appear to) miss their other jerky friend.
Friendship Fusion is definitely not just for show.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Falstaff posted:

I haven't seen Isaac there yet, otherwise I'd expect Isabel to pass over Isaac (not a team player, he'd take it as an insult), allowing Johnny to swoop in and manipulate him with the power of friendship and/or bullying.

This would be funny, but also a very quick possession-to-spectral turnaround.

The title page hints that it's going to happen sometime during HITBALL anyways since there's gray spectral energy coming off a dodgeball. It's also possible that it's smoke but then dodgeballs don't normally do that.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Maybe you just haven't played dodgeball hard enough

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm half expecting, half hoping Johnny and Isabel will mix up their friend groups. Could be fun times.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh poo poo Johnny is going to pick Max isn't he

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Calaveron posted:

Oh poo poo Johnny is going to pick Max isn't he

Good question. I'm torn on what I think could happen. On the one hand, he could pick Max so he can try to grill him over what he saw. On the other, he might not just so he can bully him via hitball to the head. Either way, it'll be a good game, I'm sure.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny is an artist, an auteur.

Of course he's going to pick Max.

I have been wrong about a lot of things so far in this comic, so don't bet money on that.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Nah, Johnny won't pick Max, because that means Isabel can't pick Max before Ed and cause way more middle school drama.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
No matter which side Max starts on, he's gonna end up switching sides at least 10 times.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The teams are a distraction. It will all be about who sits beside who in the time out bleachers

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I am still hyped for hit ball

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Just realized that in the panel where the coach is calling for Isabel, that guy to Isabel's left looks like some sort of juvenile Spender.

Edit: Actually I think she's a girl whoops.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The biggest surprise is that Isabella is willing to deal with Suzy's bullshit.

Oh, link I guess, whoops.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 15, 2015

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Ed is literally gokuhan

Edit: Link to the image because it doesn't seem clickable and it's bigger than it shows.

Mouseover text: burnhound versus shockodile is my favorite syfy channel original movie

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Right Click and view image to see it at full size.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Poor Ed Burgerchild :(

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
I feel bad for Ed now. Goddamnit, he's supposed to be the joke character Zach, stop this.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Forget Ed, what about these guys :smith:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

This page kicks rear end.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
WHY IS THE CREEPY OFFICE LADY THERE. :stare:

Best part is the twins being split up. I'm really liking all the diversity here.

[DOORS SUCK]

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Oh my god, the Vice Principal is literally hiding behind a fake child with a "No Adults" shirt.

What a magical, magical school.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Johnny's gonna win because he's got more named characters on his side, along with the power of friendship [sub]and webcomics.[\sub]

I'm mostly surprised by those secret agent kids. Who are they? WHO DO THEY WORK FOR?!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I'm a big fan of anime hair in the back left :allears:

everything about this page is great

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Are we sure that Isaac is the only medium around here? Because seriously, look at some of these kids. There are some weird looking kids here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
People whose deals I want to know: