Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

Xenoblades site just posted a summed video on all that was show in the xeno directs. The last 30 seconds gives you an idea of what scenarios you will be up against.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfo2VNqxX3Y

I'm liking the jazzy soundtrack of this new Xenoblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In double dash there were giant items like the bowser shell and banana as well as waves of fire and other stupid horseshit. There wasn't a railing in the middle either and you had 7 laps so entire time normal shells and bowser shells were ping-ponging loving everywhere and it was chaos.

They brought it back in DS and it sucked because it went to 5 laps and there were no such crazy items

Now it's back again and it has rails in the middle locking out the only unique thing about it so it's junk.

I hope it's 3 laps.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
No Rainbow Road 7. :negative:

Neo Bowser City is legit though so that's okay.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVrcjN2PTi8

I do like that all of video game music grew out of like Japanese jazz-fusion bands from the 70s.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the micro machines course is gorgeous

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

messagemode1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVrcjN2PTi8

I do like that all of video game music grew out of like Japanese jazz-fusion bands from the 70s.

yeah. no complaints here

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
This is so drat sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfo2VNqxX3Y

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

leave it to Nintendo to make big brass bands and saxophones super loving cool again.

Also, discovering T-square and Casiopea was one of the best life changing musical moments, god do I loving love Japanese big band jazz-fusion, it's such a shame no other country tried something on that level.

Also, have a 10 minute T-square song, the first 5 minutes is a loving Bass Solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE8wBQBTkxQ

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 15, 2015

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Mario no!

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Guy who started that rumor admitted he was lying when people called him out on listing it as NEOBOWSERCITY instead of the actual name of NEOKOOPACITY
I like how he admitted he was lying but actually wasn't.

I also love how the GBA courses are practically just entirely new courses, the way they've been redone.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
baby park is a nightmare from which we will never escape apparently

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

baby park is a nightmare from which we will never escape apparently

i'm glad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Smash Patch will hit in 2 hours

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mario Kart is so drat great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are some patch notes for the next Mario Kart 8 update (out April 23, alongside the DLC):

-9 new Amiibo costumes for your Mii (Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Olimar, Villager, Wario, Toad, Rosalina, Bowser)

-200CC class! It'll be automatically unlocked for all the multiplayer modes but you'll need to clear the 150cc GP to do the 200cc GP. (If you brake while drifiting in 200cc, sparks will fly off your wheels.)

-You can now brake while drifting with the Wiimote by pressing B+1+2

-You can toggle the on-screen map display when playing with alternate controllers by pressing the minus button (Pro Controller, Classic Controller, Wiimote/Nunchuk)

-You can now toggle CPU players for online custom racers, but only human players count towards the score

-10 new Miiverse stamps

-unspecified bugfixes

They also said the Animal Crossing DLC track will have random seasons during standard play but will be locked to summer during time trials.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I hope a bug fix is losing the ability to hurry up the item roulette that I have sometimes. That poo poo is critical at 150cc

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Baby Park loving sucks and I want my money back

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Baby Park now has a statue of Baby Pink Gold Peach which makes it the best track.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Hakkesshu posted:

Baby Park loving sucks and I want my money back

Baby Park is hell and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

All I want is the vs battle to have the option of playing all 48 tracks in one marathon grand prix. kinda hate that the last update kept it at 32.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-10 new Miiverse stamps

Oooooh yeah.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

So should I be worried that my Mewtwo codes haven't been e-mailed yet or...?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Moriatti posted:

So should I be worried that my Mewtwo codes haven't been e-mailed yet or...?

They should be coming out about now.

Mine just arrived. Though the Wii U one is spitting up a "This item is currently not being distributed" error.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 15, 2015

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Just bought myself a Zelda Wind Waker Wii U. Some buyers remorse, but a few questions:

1. Do I have to de-softmod my Wii before I can transfer over my purchases N64 and WiiWare purchases?

2. Is there any point to actually transferring over my purchases if I plan on keeping the Wii around?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Exioce posted:

Just bought myself a Zelda Wind Waker Wii U. Some buyers remorse, but a few questions:

1. Do I have to de-softmod my Wii before I can transfer over my purchases N64 and WiiWare purchases?

2. Is there any point to actually transferring over my purchases if I plan on keeping the Wii around?

1. Nope. My Wii's still softmodded and you can even softmod the vWii in the Wii U later on if you so choose (Some things are a bit different though)

2. Discounts on VC games you already own that are available in the Wii U eShop is the primary reason.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

RMZXAnarchy posted:

1. Nope. My Wii's still softmodded and you can even softmod the vWii in the Wii U later on if you so choose (Some things are a bit different though)

2. Discounts on VC games you already own that are available in the Wii U eShop is the primary reason.

That's good to hear. Don't want to go through the process of de-softmodding the Wii. However, if or when I do the transfer, I take it my Wii will be factory reset? A bit like transferring your data from one 3DS to another 3DS?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Exioce posted:

That's good to hear. Don't want to go through the process of de-softmodding the Wii. However, if or when I do the transfer, I take it my Wii will be factory reset? A bit like transferring your data from one 3DS to another 3DS?

If you have it softmodded and did NAND backups you can actually completely restore the Wii to its pre-transfer state so long as you don't try to use the Shop Channel afterwards.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Exioce posted:

Not quite. All it really does is move your saves and anything bought on the eshop. Anything else you've added to the console will remain (such as the Homebrew Channel). The eshop will be reset and your purchases/purchase history will be permanently moved to the Wii U's virtual Wii.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ultigonio posted:

I like how he admitted he was lying but actually wasn't.

Do they ever call actually him Bowser in the Japanese versions of Mario games, or just King Koopa?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

Do they ever call actually him Bowser in the Japanese versions of Mario games, or just King Koopa?

Just Koopa. The only one that could've was Sunshine.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was watching the MK8 DLC trailers and thinking it would be kinda neat if Baby Park had Nintendo Land stuff in the background but maybe they're just going to pretend that game never existed even though it was pretty ok

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They slashed the price and don't even sell it on the eShop, I dunno what the gently caress is wrong with them. If anything, they should be adding new games every few months a la Mario Kart.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elf help book posted:

I hope it's 3 laps.

It's not. It's 7.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Game explain has some new videos of the new tracks, just head to their YouTube channel and sort by new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?GameXplain?videos

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Anime Curator posted:

It's not. It's 7.
Also the music speeds up every single lap.

They slashed the price and don't even sell it on the eShop, I dunno what the gently caress is wrong with them. If anything, they should be adding new games every few months a la Mario Kart.
I'm gonna' be so sad if we never see anything like Nintendo Land ever again. It's so good, and it could be so much better.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't get Smash 4 to update. Launching the game from the menu just goes "launching.." and then starts the game instead of pulling up a patch download like Hyrule Warriors when it got a patch. I know it not updated since it says 1.02 in the main menu.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

It's a shame too because it's such a perfect example of a game I'd want digitally to bring up quickly for a few rounds. I'm thinking of getting rid of my copy of Wii Party U since I can get it digitally as a reward for the same reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rirse posted:

Can't get Smash 4 to update. Launching the game from the menu just goes "launching.." and then starts the game instead of pulling up a patch download like Hyrule Warriors when it got a patch. I know it not updated since it says 1.02 in the main menu.

Just wait a day or two. You're probably dealing with everyone trying to update and get at the store for Mewtwo.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Even if it sold "well," it probably sold soooo far below their forecast that they basically dumped it. They clearly were positioning it to be the Wii Sports of the Wii U. Wii Sports has sold around 80 million units by now, and Nintendoland under 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's a shame, because it's a great party game and a solid showcase of both the Wii U's abilities and the company's IP. Nintendo Land sold a friend of mine on the system after a single night of play. I bought it in anticipation of spending a weekend at a friend's vacation house and figured it would be a good distraction for an hour or two. Cut to 3 AM Saturday night, and 5 grown men are being chastised by people trying to sleep because we're still up playing Luigi's Ghost Mansion and screaming like schoolchildren.

• Locked thread