Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Allie might have done some since he does do local cartoons, but his Illinois archives only goes back to 2008.

Oct 2006
Found this on Cagle's archive.

July 2008
Earliest on Allie's site, national or local.

Sept 2008
It's hard as HELL to find a cartoon with Obama's eyes open around this time.

Nov 2008

2012 :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

CaptainCarrot posted:

Like a vulture, the IRS improves the health of the group in which it does its business, AGC.

Any government entity Michael Bolton sings about can't be all bad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who the hell worships someone with a facial expression like that? Or is that a joke I am not getting?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who the hell worships someone with a facial expression like that? Or is that a joke I am not getting?

The notion that Democrats worship Obama is so horseshit that Obama and his audience are registering their disgust at the cartoonist.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is when Obama was talking about doing immigration reform with or without Congress last fall. So they're sarcastically treating him like a king, because apparently you can only that kind of stuff when it involves curtailing civil liberties or starting wars.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cabinet posted:

:laffo: Jesus Christ dude you really couldn't be more wrong.
The ruling Conservative government is actually catering to the working class, rather than outright proposing destructive policies and pretending it'll help them. I'm sure they do a lot of that too, but Republicans would never do something like the NHS expansion the Tories have on the table.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

This is probably going to get very :ironicat: when the election season picks up and specific candidates drop the tact and do something absolutely ghoulish over Benghazi.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

So what does Goonwaffe think of all this, btw?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
As much as I hate to admit it, Allie's really grown as an artist. I didn't realize that his early Obama was one of Schmorky's examples of how not to draw Obama

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

"Why'd you put signs there Foden, don't you have any respect for the dead?"

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

What a tasteless oval office.

Comic Sans, really?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's moderately amusing, good job Tinsley.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Let's spend a lot of money (wait, where are we getting this money again?) to build a strip club in the middle of loving nowhere, 50 miles from the nearest town. Oh, and we'll have helicopter service and only THREE guests will be allowed at a time.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

A Tinsley that tells a mildly amusing joke and isn't two-weeks behind current events? Color me genuinely surprised.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mordiceius posted:

Let's spend a lot of money (wait, where are we getting this money again?) to build a strip club in the middle of loving nowhere, 50 miles from the nearest town. Oh, and we'll have helicopter service and only THREE guests will be allowed at a time.

3 people max to be waited on hand and foot by 2 stepford wives and the sister in law they're holding hostage.

Wasn't that the business model from south park, when cartman bought an amusement park?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
3 men go to a private ranch hosted by a married couple in bumfuck Texas to do... what exactly?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Typical Pubbie posted:

3 men go to a private ranch hosted by a married couple in bumfuck Texas to do... what exactly?

To do MANLY things.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Have a gay foursome with the male host and eat really, really good food that a sane mind could never think of while you're flown around in a helicopter.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Basically Muir expects us to believe that whatever conservative idiots he's idolizing at the moment would want to pay a lot of money to talk to each other in a barn. Presumably with his self-insert and Damon, so five dudes in the gently caress barn.

That's not a club. It's barely even a book club.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Chris Muir really has the most hilarious fantasy life

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Also I'm not sure what kind of ranch maintenance Zed can do, given that it's canon that Zed knows nothing of tools and is a danger to himself and others when he tries to use them:

December 28, 2007

February 15, 2010

I sometimes wonder what productive things I could be doing with the brain cells that are busy remembering all this DbD trivia.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Also, I hope you're not tired of Emailgate cartoons yet.

This one's pretty good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like any three people rich enough to afford a private helicopter ride would have better places to be than a rundown barn in the middle of nowhere.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I just want a normal person to stumble onto this ranch of theirs and think, "well they seem like nice people!" and then become increasingly horrified at this cult-like group of people. All isolated at a ranch in the boonies no less...

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
10/10 Bad Reporter today.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Acid Haze posted:

I just want a normal person to stumble onto this ranch of theirs and think, "well they seem like nice people!" and then become increasingly horrified at this cult-like group of people. All isolated at a ranch in the boonies no less...
Damon motions. "Come, come." as he lopes towards the barn. The stranger gawks in horror. "Who are you?" Damon grins and adjusts his sunglasses. The man realizes it's night. Why does he wear them?
"My name is Damon. I take care of the place while the Master is away."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Acid Haze posted:

I just want a normal person to stumble onto this thread of ours and think, "well they seem like nice people!" and then become increasingly horrified at this cult-like group of people. All isolated in a thread behind the paywall no less...

With a slight adjustment, this probably happens on a nearly daily basis.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The ruling Conservative government is actually catering to the working class, rather than outright proposing destructive policies and pretending it'll help them. I'm sure they do a lot of that too, but Republicans would never do something like the NHS expansion the Tories have on the table.

Those promises are absolute smoke and mirrors bullshit, and any money the conservatives throw at social/health services invariably ends up going to programs which squeeze out the working class, way overcomplicate support programs to artificially reduce demand, and bring private companies into oversight positions. They are manipulating voters and have no interest whatsoever in serving the demographic these snappy sounding promises are designed to win over.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a good primer on UK politics? I don't really have an idea of what it means when the cartoons are making fun of Ed Milliband, or if "Labour Party" necessarily means the Left.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

With a slight adjustment, this probably happens on a nearly daily basis.
Why do you cling to your pants, friend?

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Rorus Raz posted:

Look who's talking.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Would this qualify as a political cartoon, even though it's done in a 'manga' style?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Actually, I am curious about Japanese politcal cartooning. Nosebleed gave us wonderful Chinese cartoons, and I think some South Korean stuff has been posted.

I may look some stuff up, but it's unlikely to be translated!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Wales Grey posted:

Would this qualify as a political cartoon, even though it's done in a 'manga' style?

But of course!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

I confess, Brother Raz, that I fear the appearance of the fool.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
This is a little late but

afinefloatylog posted:

I know it's dumb as hell but now I just want to shout from the rooftops that there's such a person as the "Shadow Lord Chancellor Sadiq Khan". Haha, wtf Britain, you win.

The Australian Shadow Minister for Justice is the Member for Batman.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Abyssal Squid posted:

But of course!

If Ramirez drew in Manga style, how big would Wormbama's eyes be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

frankenfreak posted:

If Ramirez drew in Manga style, how big would Wormbama's eyes be?

What happens when an unmovable objects meets an unstoppable force?

• Locked thread