Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Huh, so apparently there's a thing with Sorcerers that gives them access to a THIRD hotbar when using Energy Overload.

It does, though you can't switch to your other hotbars without deactivating Overload. It's still pretty amazing though (Overload OP for sure).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

Huh, so apparently there's a thing with Sorcerers that gives them access to a THIRD hotbar when using Energy Overload.

Yase! Just make sure if you use Mage Light /Bound Aegis you put them on the third bar too or it will turn them off when you Overload.

Last night I actually had a great time in Cyrodil PVP even though I was on DC! I think the key was we were on TeamSpeak so orders were easier.

I still need to figure out how to put out more single target DPS with my Stamina Templar. DW is ok but I find that Quick Cloak and Steel Tornado really do not make a difference. If I yolo into pack of enemies in an open field fight I'm as good as dead as they scatter. I need single target DPS. Right now when I'm not on support helping heal and remove dot's I find a target, Power Of Light-Poison Arrow-Toppling Charge-Sun Shield-Biting Jabs-Light Attack-run away because they are not dead but I am going to be.

So, can you guys give me some advice on my killing ability as a Stamina Templar? Armour is 5 medium(Whitestrake’s Retribution), 2 light.

Bar 1 (DW)
Toppling Charge
Biting Jabs
Sun Shield (Radiant Ward as soon as I can)
Quick Cloak (I barely remember to use it)
Repentance
Ult: Empowering Sweep

Bar 2 (Bow)
Poison Arrow (Snipe when I get it)
Scorched Earth
Power of Light (Love this)
Cleansing Ritual (Slotted this last night to help with the fire dots)
Breathe of Life
Ult: Solar Prison

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 14, 2015

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

Yase! Just make sure if you use Mage Light /Bound Aegis you put them on the third bar too or it will turn them off when you Overload.

Last night I actually had a great time in Cyrodil PVP even though I was on DC! I think the key was we were on TeamSpeak so orders were easier.

I still need to figure out how to put out more single target DPS with my Stamina Templar. DW is ok but I find that Quick Cloak and Steel Tornado really do not make a difference. If I yolo into pack of enemies in an open field fight I'm as good as dead as they scatter. I need single target DPS. Right now when I'm not on support helping heal and remove dot's I find a target, Power Of Light-Poison Arrow-Toppling Charge-Sun Shield-Biting Jabs-Light Attack-run away because they are not dead but I am going to be.

So, can you guys give me some advice on my killing ability as a Stamina Templar? Armour is 5 medium(Whitestrake’s Retribution), 2 light.

Bar 1 (DW)
Toppling Charge
Biting Jabs
Repentance

Bar 2 (Bow)
Scorched Earth
Breathe of Life

Here's my planned build for my PvP templar that I've been working on - he used 2H and swaps to bow instead of DW, though:

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/s...zKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I'm still missing several key morphs/abilities and it's been quite durable and viable so far. Name of the game is keeping armor and heals/regen ticking while killing dudes with crit rush, heavy strike, and executioner. Everything else is for staying hard as hell to kill.

Also, if you want to PvP, get venom arrow over poison for the stun/interrupt.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Monohydrate posted:

Here's my planned build for my PvP templar that I've been working on - he used 2H and swaps to bow instead of DW, though:

I'm still missing several key morphs/abilities and it's been quite durable and viable so far. Name of the game is keeping armor and heals/regen ticking while killing dudes with crit rush, heavy strike, and executioner. Everything else is for staying hard as hell to kill.

If you swap out binding javelin for magnum shot you'll have some mobility AND a little mini set up for critical rush.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Anyone know details on how the account transfer to PS4 works? My roommate wants to pick this game up on PS4, and I figure if ti splits the account in 2, and we can both be logged in at the same time, its cheaper to just transfer my account than have him buy a whole new one.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

If you swap out binding javelin for magnum shot you'll have some mobility AND a little mini set up for critical rush.

I have both and swap them out for flavor. Javelin mostly for trying to punt dudes off walls from further out and score laughs. You're right about it being a setup for critical rush, though.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Monohydrate posted:

Man, I'm switching over to 2H. Unless I'm a yolo DW boss there is seriously no point to having it, it seems. Your lack of Power Of the Light disturbs me though. So many nazi elves have died to my POTL. They think they are safe at half health then it pops after 6 seconds and its a long walk of shame for them.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

Man, I'm switching over to 2H. Unless I'm a yolo DW boss there is seriously no point to having it, it seems. Your lack of Power Of the Light disturbs me though. So many nazi elves have died to my POTL. They think they are safe at half health then it pops after 6 seconds and its a long walk of shame for them.

PoTL is fun, but I find I can do more than the banked damage within those 6 seconds, which is why I dropped it. You can swap it out for Radiant Glory if you really wanted it as I don't even have that power yet.

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 15, 2015

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Do you guys see any trend for one alliance to have more of a class? Like do AD have a poo poo load of night blades because the Khajit has the "best" racials for it?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Monohydrate posted:

PoTL is fun, but I find I can do more than the banked damage within those 6 seconds, which is why I dropped it. You can swap it out for Radiant Glory if you really wanted it as I don't even have that power yet.

PoTL always seems to work great to drop someone with a ton of survivability, DK's and what not. I think I can bank almost 10k damage with it on my 41 Templar, but I guess I agree. When I unlock Radiant Glory I would probably switch for the heals.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

that's a funny way to spell bosmer permadodging nightblades

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

kiresays posted:

Do you guys see any trend for one alliance to have more of a class? Like do AD have a poo poo load of night blades because the Khajit has the "best" racials for it?

Yeah, old mary has shitloads of nightblades and ebonheart pact is full of nord tanks

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

vug posted:

old mary

is this a thing people actually say

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Berke Negri posted:

I don’t know, he could be using voice to text.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Screw you guys for making me swap to a caster build so we could get through pledges without begging for heals.

That out of the way, it's decent fun being the person responsible for keeping the party alive. Did a normal pledge last night scaled to VR 11 and actually came out without being yelled at for being a poo poo healer by my party.

Can't do solo PvE content worth a drat anymore, but who needs to get to VR 14 anyway :v:

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Screw you guys for making me swap to a caster build so we could get through pledges without begging for heals.

That out of the way, it's decent fun being the person responsible for keeping the party alive. Did a normal pledge last night scaled to VR 11 and actually came out without being yelled at for being a poo poo healer by my party.

Can't do solo PvE content worth a drat anymore, but who needs to get to VR 14 anyway :v:

I wish my Templar had been on Ebonheart rather than Daggerfall at launch. I enjoyed healing but don't like the magicka builds for Dragonknight.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Berke Negri posted:

it's probably just a thing Michael kirkbride says to be honest

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
It was in the first pocket guide. It's just deprecated in favor of "Nazi Elves".

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

vug posted:

it's probably just a thing Michael kirkbride says to be honest

Haha, I forgot that line in the pocket guide. I was thinking that that was just a bit too clever for MMO players to coin.

I didnt have time to play yesterday but on Monday managed to do a few hours of pvp with my coldharbor ballista and was pretty fun. Cyrodiil pve exp is kind of really good now though. I made 10% of a VR level just clearing a single delve.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Game turned my account into a trial account with the launch of the welcome back weekend. Odd.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

:siren::circlefap::siren:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I was really worried about trying to switch over to medium armor at VR1 to try a different build out; putting on a full suit of training armor has me at 32 after half a veteran rank or so from 8 starting out. So that's nice!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone paying this on the Mac client that can speak to its stability?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

I was really worried about trying to switch over to medium armor at VR1 to try a different build out; putting on a full suit of training armor has me at 32 after half a veteran rank or so from 8 starting out. So that's nice!

I love the training trait. It seems if you make yourself weapons with Training you can have your weapon skills above 42 at a very low level, which opens up exciting possibilities in the non vr Cyrodil! :D

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Anyone paying this on the Mac client that can speak to its stability?
Solid. Never had a crash or any weird conflicts with anything.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I'm on a mac (with an nvidia card) and the client is prone to crashing when loading textures. It seems to be a bug that keeps coming and going, early on the texture LOD was completely broken and it'd just leak all the texture memory until there was no room for any more textures and it started to look like mario 64, thankfully they fixed that. i think broadly the quality is the same as the windows client

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Can I get an invite to the EP guild? @DryHump

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I decided to try this welcome back weekend because why the gently caress not.

Does it matter if I'm on EU server for guild business? If it doesn't, then please invite me @DiscoInfiva

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Any healers in this thread? What are you using for unit frames/name plates?

Just healed bc for the first time and the thing where health drains from both sides of the bar towards the middle is terrible.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Monohydrate posted:

NuckmasterJ posted:

Bar 1 (DW)
Toppling Charge
Biting Jabs
Repentance

Bar 2 (Bow)
Scorched Earth
Breathe of Life

If you have played on the major PVP campaigns recently (Thornblade / Chillrend), I am Gondor on DC and am currently rocking the Stamplar. I've been away for a week doing stuffs, but, a big part of Stamplar is your gearing.

Currently since I'm moneybags-mcgee, I have splashed out on all kinds of armour, but a cheap alternative is:

3pc Way of Air
3pc Shadow Walkers (Jewelry, this is still super expensive)
3pc Ashen Grip (Weapon + 2pc)
3pc Sentry (Cheap, <5k per piece)

Ideally you'll replace your 3pc Way of Air with 2pc Way of Air, and 1pc Bloodspawn.

My gear set currently is:
3pc Way of Air
1pc Bloodspawn
4pc Morag Tong
3pc Shadow Walker

My attribute spread is 25 HP, 37 Stam, giving me ~24/24k, and I have ~1800 stam regen with the continuous assault buff. You wouldn't think that it helps, but having high regen does help immensely as Stamplar, since it allows you to dodge roll for a lot longer, and a dodge is ~1.5s of avoiding projecties and most damage.

I rock 2h/DW, but the DW is mostly for group fighting. The DW bar mostly covers utility skills.

Critical Rush
Executioner
Biting Jabs
Rally
Blazing Shield
Flawless Dawnbreaker

Steel Tornado
Evil Hunter / Restoring Aura
Razor Caltrops
Vigor (Alliance War Stam heal, a must if you're going stam imo)
Blazing Shield
Reviving Barrier

My Magicka pool is almost exclusively for Blazing Shields, since I can alternate casting it between dodge rolls.

Razor Caltrops will proc Evil Hunter ticks, so when you throw caltrops into a big group you can get much more stam for your AoE, or you can set it and forget it while you 2h targets.

There are things in both your builds that are no good:

Toppling charge is terrible. Since your damage scales off your weapon damage and stamina amount you'll deal less damage with T Charge than you would with Crit Charge.

Repentance also scales off magicka, so the amount of stam restored is ~1k per corpse, as opposed to a Magicka Templar who will get ~3k, before crits. The Restoring Aura is much better, since it gives 20% stam regen and medium armour gives stam regen bonuses.

Instead of using Empowering Sweep, consider Flawless Dawnbreaker. My Biting jabs at 3k Weapon Damage and 24k stam hits for ~12k, and I get 1-2 burning light procs per jabs, totaling around 18-20k damage assuming crits.

If you're planning on soloing, most of your damage will come from the 2h. 2h is where it's at in terms of damage for Stamplars.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

I switched over to 2h/bow and am using Crit Charge. I did not know Repentance scales of Magika so I'll switch it out for Restoring Aura!

I do not have access to Flawless Dawnbreaker (lvl 41) at the moment, so I make use of what I have. I also do not have access to wicked cool expensive gear sets, I'm still using my lvl 36 Whitestrake’s Retribution. I am also only rank 4 in PVP so I do not have access to cool shields and stuffs so I filled my second bar with Bow/Utilities.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 17, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

thousandcranes posted:

Any healers in this thread? What are you using for unit frames/name plates?

Just healed bc for the first time and the thing where health drains from both sides of the bar towards the middle is terrible.

I use FTC, mainly because I'm too lazy to swap out to GGFrames.

For anyone who's interested in Sorcerer builds for either solo PvE or Healing, I'll post mine tonight or tomorrow.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

NuckmasterJ posted:

I switched over to 2h/bow and am using Crit Charge. I did not know Repentance scales of Magika so I'll switch it out for Restoring Aura!

I do not have access to Flawless Dawnbreaker (lvl 41) at the moment, so I make use of what I have. I also do not have access to wicked cool expensive gear sets, I'm still using my lvl 36 Whitestrake’s Retribution. I am also only rank 4 in PVP so I do not have access to cool shields and stuffs so I filled my second bar with Bow/Utilities.

If you're levelling stay with Repentence. I thought you were more in the VR levels. Gearing doesn't matter until you hit VR14 or so, though Ashen Grip is a craftable set.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The shadow mundus stone is broken. I need to do more testing, but I think its just not getting buffed from divines like it should. Doesn't surprise me because the steed was broken this same way for a while.

My crits hit for substantially more with the warrior mundus than the shadow one. With a full set of divine, shadow was giving me less than 1% bonus crit damage.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Red Herring posted:

If you're levelling stay with Repentence. I thought you were more in the VR levels. Gearing doesn't matter until you hit VR14 or so, though Ashen Grip is a craftable set.

Ah ok. I also like your back bar setup. I find I only switch to bow for Power of The Light before I charge in.I can see running DW as an awesome thing for another set peice item slot plus steel steel tornado for the zerg shenaigans. My problem with steel tornado is it seems to burn through stamina faster then any other ability, but that's more or less my major long term problem (sustainability in combat).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is there any way to respec just a single skill morph? If I'd known that about repentance I would have stuck with restoring aura all along.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
As someone who used to play the gently caress out of wow back in the day, has since grown to generally dislike MMOs, loves TES, but played the beta and was unimpressed, is this worth trying? Or is it basically more of the same (and/or grindy as gently caress)?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does race matter for classes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Azubah posted:

Does race matter for classes?

If you're going full bore turbo sperg you'll catch a lot of FotM bullshit in your google net about builds. There's nothing that isn't fun and viable if you're playing because you enjoy it rather than because you're compelled to have L33T MAXIMUM DPS OR BUST.

• Locked thread