Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
yun? more like yawn

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

the only good KOF characters are ash, athena and terry

landy.

Pomp posted:

which one? this is actually very important.

GEExCEE

Pomp posted:

kof high tier

street fighter high tier

lol

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Pro Target posted:

umm KOF is literally full of boring rear end throwaway characters tho

yes but at least most of the cool ones are good instead of not so good see:necro, hugo

----------------

landy.

Pomp posted:

capcom has a really bad habit of making all their cool characters that I actually want to play a varying degree of bad and then filling up the rest of the roster with boring frowning karate men

Pomp posted:

kof high tier

street fighter high tier

Pomp has a point.

Pro Target posted:

umm KOF is literally full of boring rear end throwaway characters tho

Pro Target also has a point.

Pro Target posted:

sf3 3s is the most perfect fighting game ever created,and is still played

i only have handhelds

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i wish ash was either good or easy instead of bad and really hard

Pomp fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 14, 2015

----------------

Pro Target

ash is my favorite fighting game character aesthetically but i dont like KOF that much

mycophobia
finally got around to finishing Revengeance. Now I'm using my fancy new led tv to play the original Metal Gear, from the Solid HD Collection.

Looke

I have never played a dark souls game, should I get Dark Souls or Bloodborne on my PS4?

Pro Target

id say dark souils 2 is easier for someone whose never played a game iun the series

Pro Target

dark souls 1 would be evne better but i dont think its on ps4

Pro Target

ideal play order (imo): Dark souls -> Dark souls 2 -> Demon souls -> Bloodborne

Pro Target

or extended: Kings Field 2 -> Kings Field 3 -> Kings field 4 -> Dark souls -> Dark souls 2 -> Demon souls -> Shadow Tower -> Bloodborne
to fully understand the lineage of fromsoft dungeon crawling games

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

why demons 3rd

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

and yea no dark souls 1 on ps4

Pro Target

dark souls has a better difficulty ramp than demon souls and is more immediately gripping. also shrine of storms and a handful of other places could be insanely frustrating if you arent already familiar with souls mechanics (dark souls does a better job of teaching them)

Pro Target

also, demon souls makes it really easy to gently caress up your world tendency as a new player which can make it even worse

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

what is world tendency

Pro Target

whenever you die while human (and a handful of other things) your world tendency moves towards black, whenever you kill a boss (and a handful of other things) it moves towards white. White tendency makes the game easier, black makes it harder

Pro Target

the best way to 'game' it towards white is to go back to the nexus and purposely die as a human after killing a boss, but in natural play most people will tend to humanize themselves and then immediately face to bloodshed, pushing it towards black. the game punishes you for not being human by halving your hp as well. all cool designd ecisions but fairly annoying to deal with when youre tryign to learn how to play correctly

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

interesting. im going to play demons souls next so this is good to know

Pro Target

in general if youre familiar with dark souls its not really an issue just because you probably wont die as much and when you do you wont need to go human for the extra HP either

Looke

cool thanks for the info, will be getting Dark Souls 2 then

mycophobia
doom 3 is scary

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

charged up artorias is extremely powerful and i respect him

3D Megadoodoo

Pro Target posted:

whenever you die while human (and a handful of other things) your world tendency moves towards black, whenever you kill a boss (and a handful of other things) it moves towards white. White tendency makes the game easier, black makes it harder

When you die the game becomes harder? Thanks, Japan!

ulvir

Pomp posted:

kof high tier

street fighter high tier

Pro Target

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you die the game becomes harder? Thanks, Japan!

its a good incentive to not be bad at the game

3D Megadoodoo

Pro Target posted:

its a good incentive to not be bad at the game

I don't have the time to not be bad at games. It's hard enough to find time to be bad at games!

ulvir

looks like circling vendrick counter-clockwise was a good strat. it made him a real pushover :coolspot:

Pro Target

http://www.twitch.tv/professionaltarget

Pro Target

thanksfor watchin, folks... catch me at AGDQ where ill be running Snake Rattle and Roll

tao of lmao

HYPE

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

ulvir posted:

looks like circling vendrick counter-clockwise was a good strat. it made him a real pushover :coolspot:

darksouls2.txt

----------------

Scaly Haylie

if anyone wants to crime around with me some time, add khajiitipimp69 on GTA5

Pro Target

Pomp posted:

darksouls2.txt

circling around enemies has been the primary strat in fromsoft ARPGs since kings field 1

Pro Target

kings fields combat mechanics were simple enough that circle strafing was the Primary combat mechanic

problematic hug

it is surprisingly effective. i've found myself orbiting most things, players included, if space allows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

i can't get a feel for the curved sword parry window

also i think this graph is cool

"The Monastery Scimitar has been 're-patched' as of Calibration 1.10. The graph is incorrect now, and the weapon now falls under the 'curved swords' category."

problematic hug fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 15, 2015