Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

TKIY posted:

They can take a heavy weapon on every model. That's just nuts.

pretty sure this is standard chicken little panic, i can't see them changing much. Eldar already have S6 spam out the rear end. S6 alone doesn't win games. It depends on what heavy fire support Eldar will get (hint: not much) but i'll eat a nice crow sandwich if i'm wrong

Sulecrist posted:

They seem a lot like Battlesuits to me, except faster, cheaper, and more vulnerable to weight of fire. I think I'd rather play against these than White Scars.

pretty much, they're still on marine/crisis suit bodies. If you can't kill units of 3 MEQs your list has problems, jetbike or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Sulecrist posted:

They seem a lot like Battlesuits to me, except faster, cheaper, and more vulnerable to weight of fire. I think I'd rather play against these than White Scars.

Yeah. They'll be a pain, but they can be dealt with. Some armies will have a really difficult time with them, others will be able take them out without too much hassle. My buddy was using Imperial Guard against me last week and was using this Forgeworld artillery piece that's basically a basilisk cannon. Since it's artillery and not a vehicle, it can take orders. So a Strength 9, AP3, ignores cover large blast that can shoot 3 times (three guns in one unit), would make these disappear rather quickly. Tau's weight of fire would also be able to cut through them without too much trouble.

But I think Daemons would be screwed. A lot of shooting is what takes these things down and Daemons just don't have it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Master Twig posted:

Yeah. They'll be a pain, but they can be dealt with. Some armies will have a really difficult time with them, others will be able take them out without too much hassle. My buddy was using Imperial Guard against me last week and was using this Forgeworld artillery piece that's basically a basilisk cannon. Since it's artillery and not a vehicle, it can take orders. So a Strength 9, AP3, ignores cover large blast that can shoot 3 times (three guns in one unit), would make these disappear rather quickly. Tau's weight of fire would also be able to cut through them without too much trouble.

But I think Daemons would be screwed. A lot of shooting is what takes these things down and Daemons just don't have it.

A flying monstrous creature will catch them fairly quick.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What are the differences between Monstrous and Gargantuan creatures?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
GCs are only wounded by poison on a 6, can fire any number of weapons at any number of targets, come with FNP, have a 12" move, and can Stomp (and can't be stomped).

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

MasterSlowPoke posted:

GCs are only wounded by poison on a 6, can fire any number of weapons at any number of targets, come with FNP, have a 12" move, and can Stomp (and can't be stomped).

And only take D3 wounds from ID / 'removed from play' weapons, which is pretty useful for anyone who has ever lost a Wraithknight to a force weapon.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

serious gaylord posted:

A flying monstrous creature will catch them fairly quick.

Drop pod/deepstriking armies would probably ruin their day too.

xtothez posted:

And only take D3 wounds from ID / 'removed from play' weapons, which is pretty useful for anyone who has ever lost a Wraithknight to a force weapon.

It's just too bad that Tyranid GCs are pretty garbage.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Everytime there's a new codex I always post I'll be buying any fed up peoples stuff, anyway this time nothing useful but I did get this offer if anyone is interested I can put you in touch.

quote:

i have 105 metal stormtroopers (the inquisition style ones) including (without limitation) 6 flamers, 6 meltaguns, 4 grenade launchers, 4 plasmaguns, 2 plasma pistol seargents i also have a metal commissar with a plasma pistol and the option of power sword or chainsword and a resin female commissar with sword and autopistol type thing (looks like a luger or something)
you can see a blurry picture of them in my picture gallery on a shelf, top right.

i also have three boxes of skittarii a box of sicarian infiltrators and three onager dunecrawlers all new which i havent quite decided about as there may be crossover for the skittarii into 30k

Just let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I wonder if we will see vortex grenades in the SM release whenever that happens. EVERYONE GETS S:D*

(*except Tyranids)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

What are the differences between Monstrous and Gargantuan creatures?
They also would generally go in a Lord of War slot instead of Heavy Support.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Got another Horus Heresy: Drop Assault code for whoever wants it.

PKJNXHXTYL63

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
God damnit. I stop poo poo posting for a SINGLE day and GW gives us the D and makes us spray poo poo ALL OVER.

*rolls up newspaper*

BAD! Very bad thread!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So i'm thinking of starting up a third army (after Black Legion and Blood Angels) of Grey Knights.

I don't really like the Silver-Grey colour scheme they usually come in.

I've bought a box of Terminators to experiment with.

Anybody got any recommendations? I've been thinking Racing Green or a darker shade of Purple.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Deptfordx posted:

So i'm thinking of starting up a third army (after Black Legion and Blood Angels) of Grey Knights.

Anybody got any recommendations? I've been thinking Racing Green or a darker shade of Purple.

I made mine librarian blue with purple force weapons. I mean, they are like a giant chapter of librarians.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Deptfordx posted:

I'm doing my Grey Knights with dark blue, silver trim, and random teal bits here and there. I've only gotten to do one so far :negative:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If you wanted to still look vaguely metallic, maybe a glaze over a metal job? I could see a blue metal thing working here, sort of mixing the Librarian and Knight themes.

Semi-related: what's the best method for highlighting when you glaze? Just paint the highlight as per normal and thin your glaze enough that the highlight isn't overwhelmed?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Just let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

I'll give it a shot - portablezombie at gmail. Is he in the US or elsewhere?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He messaged me on Dakkadakka, I'll email you his username, Dakkadakka has a buy/sell forum that offers some escrow stuff. Or do a private ebay thing or something. I'll email his username and tell him someone will get in touch with him.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
going back a bit but why would a warlord have the exact same aesthetic design choices as every knight released thus far?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm getting ready to sell my Chaos army. I've never sold any of my stuff before...have you guys found it to be easier to sell armies piecemeal, or as one big item? I also have no idea how much it's all worth. I have:

1x Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor unassembled, 90% still on sprue.
2x Chaos Lords
2x Helbrutes (one is a super old metal dreadnought)
5x Terminators
1x Heldrake
4x Bikers
5x Raptors
20x Cultists
28x Marines
20x Berserkers
6x Chosen
5x Possessed
1x Codex
A crapton of bits and accessories and the like.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 15, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

going back a bit but why would a warlord have the exact same aesthetic design choices as every knight released thus far?

Consistency?

Compare the leg structure on the screencap:

to a Warlord from early Adeptus Titanicus days:

and something someone built (note the carapace mounted weapons):

to a Knight:

Also, if you look at 0:50-0:51, you can see its foot is behind the building which is behind the dreadnoughts. That thing is huge. Definitely a Warlord. EDIT: In a composite shot, I noticed the foot is not behind a building.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 15, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Devorum posted:

I'm getting ready to sell my Chaos army. I've never sold any of my stuff before...have you guys found it to be easier to sell armies piecemeal, or as one big item? I also have no idea how much it's all worth. I have:

It's easier for you to sell in one big chunk. It's easier for buyers to buy piecemeal. If I'm just looking for terminators, I'm not paying for the rest of an army. Of course, on the flip side, you have to deal with multiple buyers, multiple trips to the post office, and poo poo sticking around because nobody wants it.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

serious gaylord posted:

That makes them near enough 30 points for a toughness 4, 3+ save model.

Somewhat fragile, yes, but with a four-shot S6 gun, the JSJ move to stay hidden, and the ability to get essentially anywhere on the table in a single turm.

Phyresis posted:

pretty sure this is standard chicken little panic, i can't see them changing much. Eldar already have S6 spam out the rear end. S6 alone doesn't win games. It depends on what heavy fire support Eldar will get (hint: not much) but i'll eat a nice crow sandwich if i'm wrong

Speaking as someone who has won multiple tournaments on the back of S6 spam, it's a pretty fuckin' good start. In terms of raw firepower, they actually hit harder than a Wave Serpent does against any T4 or less target; they lack Ignores Cover, of course, and aren't quite as good at killing vehicles, but on the flip side they also don't have the 65pt Dire Avenger tax to go with them. I will gladly replace my Serpents with eight of those little assholes instead, especially if I can get some Str D shooting from Wraithguard to handle hard targets and back it up with a Firebase Cadre still.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Deptfordx posted:

Paint them with dark grey instead of silver. Some of the old RT schemes might be interesting:

You could also go for their Index Astartes scheme from back in 3rd:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

serious gaylord posted:

Thats the model with a cgi'd up background too. I would doubt its under £800

Price hasn't been decided yet - but I am estimating about what you said. Sans weapon arms...

So you will have to buy those too I imagine. The weapons for the Reaver are $95 - so I'm betting these run $120+

The sculpt has been worked on for the last year...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ghost Hand posted:

Price hasn't been decided yet - but I am estimating about what you said. Sans weapon arms...

So you will have to buy those too I imagine. The weapons for the Reaver are $95 - so I'm betting these run $120+

Not to mention the carapace weapons.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ghost Hand posted:

$120 arms that have solid, 3lb blocks of resin and have ball-and-socket joints that could never be glued in place in a million years

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheChirurgeon posted:

$120 arms that have solid, 3lb blocks of resin and have ball-and-socket joints that could never be glued in place in a million years

Sounds just like the phantom.....

Seriously, all of the titans need some serious structural pinning or they fall the gently caress to pieces. Hopefully they've learnt from past mistakes and while the Warlord is poseable enough to make each one different, theres concessions for the fact it will need to support a poo poo ton of weight on its hips.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
They should do a "How it's made" video to show off how they built one, I want to see how hardcore they go on their titans.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hencoe posted:

They should do a "How it's made" video to show off how they built one, I want to see how hardcore they go on their titans.

Would it really be that hard for them to put in steel rods on the legs and torso?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ghost Hand posted:

You're gonna need a bigger hot sand bed :stare:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no just no

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Post 9-11 User posted:

"Well, this new Dark Eldar Codex is clearly from two editions ago. They printed it and didn't bother to update anything."

"That's crazy! You're a conspiracy theorist!"

Welp, there you go, ya dummies that are so poorly educated you don't know that America tried to assassinate Castro with comical exploding cigars.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you. It's mental that they'd sit on that jetbike for so long.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

TheChirurgeon posted:

Two part epoxy will hold that poo poo!

NTRabbit posted:

You're gonna need a bigger hot sand bed :stare:

I was actually given a kind of "heads up" about the titan coming a few months ago, but the person wasn't explicit. So at FIRST I though "Oh man its going to be a Warlord Titan." Then the more I read into the clues I was given I thought "Maybe he means its going to be Chaos Knights!". I had convinced myself it was Chaos Knights coming. I'm both happy and sad I was wrong...

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Does the Warlord have the same comical 3' minimum range that the Imperator does?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just got back from a game against filthy goon JackMack - Blood Angels against my red Imperial Fists successors so it was hilariously confusing when it came to combats.

Highlights include a dreadnought walking at scouts for 5 turns before rolling snake eyes on a 3 inch charge, 5 Marines having a manly wrestling match for 6 turns of combat, and a Predator securing Objective 5 no matter the goddamn odds.

Will post pictures tomorrow!

He also gave me a maul and the veteran with a maul I'd been hunting for - Top 'ham

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

serious gaylord posted:

Sounds just like the phantom.....

Seriously, all of the titans need some serious structural pinning or they fall the gently caress to pieces. Hopefully they've learnt from past mistakes and while the Warlord is poseable enough to make each one different, theres concessions for the fact it will need to support a poo poo ton of weight on its hips.

I actually took a DeWalt drill to my warhound to create the necessary pins for those stupid hanging arm weapons. For all this poo poo costs you'd think they could spend a few minutes on the engineering to ensure that it can actually be assembled

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Just got back from a game against filthy goon JackMack - Blood Angels against my red Imperial Fists successors so it was hilariously confusing when it came to combats.

Highlights include a dreadnought walking at scouts for 5 turns before rolling snake eyes on a 3 inch charge, 5 Marines having a manly wrestling match for 6 turns of combat, and a Predator securing Objective 5 no matter the goddamn odds.

Will post pictures tomorrow!

He also gave me a maul and the veteran with a maul I'd been hunting for - Top 'ham

Lord T is too modest to say that when the dust cleared he had firmly won. It was a great game, and he had some sage advice on where I could improve. I felt it was a good example of how maelstrom actually works as an equaliser as I feel i would have struggled in normal missions. A++ would game again.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Why can't it just be called Rending instead of making up a new rule for a weapon to say that it has Rending? And Witch weapons got hosed up good again, that's neato. Gonna meet up with my homies, put on bathrobes, and use my brain sword to tell your tanks to get hosed.

Leaked photo of the Goon Class Titan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Now that everybody's getting the big D, I wonder what other armies are going to get it shoehorned in.

It amuses me that 30K started as the land of tons of high strength shooting, blobs of units, and the big D. Lines getting blurred.

• Locked thread