Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Apparently, Northwestern got flagged for excessive celebration at their Spring game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

loving really? :laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahaha

I mean that's got to be for the guy going in there with the helmet off but come on now

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Time for the union to file a grievance.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@APMarkLong: Gators announce that OL Rod Johnson's career is over because of a spine issue. HUGE loss for the team

So we are down to...what...7 offensive linemen on the roster?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rip dick penisman's spine

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ehud posted:

@APMarkLong: Gators announce that OL Rod Johnson's career is over because of a spine issue. HUGE loss for the team

So we are down to...what...7 offensive linemen on the roster?

Poor dude. Hope he doesn't live in agony for the rest of his life :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:(

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ugh that blows so much

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo, poor guy :(

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Dude

How awkward is this for the last guy that hit him

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

At least it sounds like he was able to walk away from it. Hopefully he'll find another path to take and find success in other things.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
poo poo that's awful. Hope the best for the guy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Morby posted:

At least it sounds like he was able to walk away from it. Hopefully he'll find another path to take and find success in other things.

Yeah it's the same thing Cooper Manning had. Spinal stenosis or whatever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raku posted:

Dude

How awkward is this for the last guy that hit him

Sounds like it was congential; him getting hurt on the field just happened to be what caused them to find it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: UVA is dumping Stanford from their schedule. They're replacing them with Indiana.

V: That is going to be some all-time bad football being played.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

N: UVA is dumping Stanford from their schedule. They're replacing them with Indiana.

Purdue/Wake would like a word :v:

But yeah that's gonna be awful.

E: Clayton Nicholas, who transferred to BG from Texas Tech, is now transferring out after having not won the starting job. He never played a snap for us, so I can't really tell you anything about the guy.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 14, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Purdue/Wake would like a word :v:

But yeah that's gonna be awful.

E: Clayton Nicholas, who transferred to BG from Texas Tech, is now transferring out after having not won the starting job. He never played a snap for us, so I can't really tell you anything about the guy.

Can throw the ball far, terrible at everything else. His name turned into a running joke on the TTU rivals board because no one could ever actually spell it correctly. That's about all there is on the kid.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
College bowl payouts surpass $500 million.

$200 million higher than the year before, thanks largely due to the new TV deals to broadcast the semis/finals. Obvious "If only there was any money in college football to pay the athletes" jokes aside, this at least demolishes the worries about the playoffs not earning as much money and will hopefully lead to talk of expanding the playoffs sooner.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@RagjUF: Mac says Rod Johnson will be pretty much a student assistant coach. Good.

Well that's cool at least :unsmith:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

Awww man that sucks. My sister went to Stanford and we were going to go to both games :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

@RagjUF: Mac says Rod Johnson will be pretty much a student assistant coach. Good.

Well that's cool at least :unsmith:

Thats good, I am always happy when programs give a player in a lovely situation a soft place to land, unlike Saban who tries to cannibalize them for parts for other players.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Crotch Bat posted:

Jim Hackett please call Stanford at once

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

Thats good, I am always happy when programs give a player in a lovely situation a soft place to land, unlike Saban who tries to cannibalize them for parts for other players.

You think Mac wouldn't trade him for a starting guard?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Somebody can probably explain this better but Northwestern doesn't really have a spring "game;" it's more of a final practice with various drills combined with a short scrimmage (note that it's not at Ryan Field). Why the ref threw the flag is beyond me, too.

The only reason I know this is because BTN was on at the bar I was at Saturday night.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MindlessHavok posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet but it's worth a watch. I was in tears I was laughing so hard:

Interview with Will Muschamp (sorta)
http://totalfratmove.com/this-parody-of-an-interview-with-will-muschamp-is-a-must-watch-for-gator-haters/

Yeah it's TFM but I couldn't find it on YouTube

"Jeff Driskel."

Holy poo poo. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Texas spring game is in a few days and I'm pumped. Hopefully it'll be nice in Austin that day.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Utes gonna have the best recruiting class this year.

https://vimeo.com/124954637

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buddhanc posted:

Texas spring game is in a few days and I'm pumped. Hopefully it'll be nice in Austin that day.

I'm goin'. :toot:

Spring game attendance is always surprisingly low at Texas, for some reason. Even though it's free.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

Utes gonna have the best recruiting class this year.

https://vimeo.com/124954637

There has to be some sort of NCAA violation in there. I'm sure that they will throw the book at the Utes for something to do with this video.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Neodoomium posted:

Jim Hackett please call Stanford at once
I don't think Michigan is that ready for Harball.

Also, it's not like he left Stanford on bad terms. It'd just be unpleasant for Harbaugh, Shaw, Stanford players recruited by Harbaugh, and Michigan fans.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Fisher earned the nickname Slim Jimbo due to his love of meaty snacks. On more than one occasion he’s made it clear he intends to launch his own organic meat jerky company when he retires from coaching, featuring jerky made from animals native to his neck of the woods–you know, like alligators, muskrat and wild boar.

This rules and I will not hear otherwise.

FSU spring game, for anyone who wants to see our QB get Ed Reed'd in his first pass
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMD-oZZuBM

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 15, 2015

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

pillsburysoldier posted:

FSU spring game, for anyone who wants to see our QB get Ed Reed'd in his first pass
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMD-oZZuBM

I'm from a pretty rural area and I've never heard of someone eating muskrat. Who the hell eats muskrat???

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dattserberg posted:

I'm from a pretty rural area and I've never heard of someone eating muskrat. Who the hell eats muskrat???

People named Jimbo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Rich Walsh KDKA ✔ @RichieWalsh
Just found out 4 candidates for Pitt Athletic Dir. job
Vince Nicastro (Nova) Mark Coyle (Boise) Sean Frazier (N. Ill) Scott Barnes (Utah St)

I don't know about the other guys but Frazier has done a very good job at NIU.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
If anything PItt would be a huge step down from NIU as an AD unless you really want a challenge (and I guess a big raise)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Raku posted:

If anything PItt would be a huge step down from NIU as an AD unless you really want a challenge (and I guess a big raise)

Ding ding ding

I love my conference but nobody is making a career out of being an administrator at any of our schools if they can help it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

This is conflicting to me because I hate everything about Jimbo but love tasty meat snacks.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Raku posted:

I don't really think this is true at all. NIU is in a better situation than Pitt in one area (football), and that's not permanent.

Also, being able to paid more would make it a step up anyways

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ungratek posted:

I don't really think this is true at all. NIU is in a better situation than Pitt in one area (football), and that's not permanent.

Also, being able to paid more would make it a step up anyways

Easier to please the masses at NIU than at Pitt, that's why it's easier. Pitt has lovely support and looks like one big AD headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Army's redesign is pretty sharp, but I wish they'd brought back this guy:

They threw an unsportsmanlike conduct flag in ours when a walk-on WR held on to a catch after getting drilled between two defenders and spun the ball afterward. Let the dude have his moment, drat.

• Locked thread