Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
No one trusts Iris to not immediately run to STAR Labs and try to interview Wells.

Eddie's "Wow, everyone but Iris?" was hilarious. Clearly the writers have some idea this is dumb, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I still think it was great when Iris was kidnapped because she wrote about the Flash. Which she's known for to this day. And they're still saying that her not knowing Barry's secret's gonna keep her safe.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Flesh Forge posted:

How is this such a fountain of conversation material :allears:

Valeyard posted:

I deal with the Iris issues by just not caring

I also didn't care until this episode. Probably because I was so disappointed with the two week break on to a crossover that was so mediocre. The Iris thing was the only noteworthy thing to happen.

I'm also done complaining now, in case anybody cares.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Barry could use some help in the lab. Patty Spivot.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope we see the Reverse Flash's ring again before the season is done

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
drat, first episode of The Flash I've ever skipped through. Bee lady was weak and the two girls trying to out hack each other wasn't fun and just embarrassing for everyone involved. Barry phased through a truck and travelled back in time. This week he can't out run a bee? Harsh barley.

This show feels like it's been building momentum for a while and has been more and more exciting and fun each time. This episode totally derailed that and I hope next week can get back in the groove.

p.s. tell iris

hottubrhymemachine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 15, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Bad Moon posted:

I hope Grodd finds out and agrees to not tell Iris.

This would own so hard

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Did the Reverse Flash have a ring?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Drifter posted:

Did the Reverse Flash have a ring?

Yeah in the episode where the Reverse Flash is first introduced. The stinger shows Wells rubbing a flash ring and sticking it into a thing in the braille room and out pops the yellow suit.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sir Potato posted:

Yeah in the episode where the Reverse Flash is first introduced. The stinger shows Wells rubbing a flash ring and sticking it into a thing in the braille room and out pops the yellow suit.

Ooooh

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

mikeraskol posted:

How is Iris not knowing even protecting her? Barry's most dangerous enemy is the Reverse Flash. As far as Joe knows, Reverse Flash knows who Barry is, knows who he is, and knows about Iris. RF could kill her in half a second. How is her not knowing Barry's secret help with that at all?

Eddie needs to man up and be all "You know what, hell with you guys, I'm telling Iris".

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If Eddie has any sense he will tell Iris about Barry and then immediately dump her

I hope the shapeshifter thing is a swerve and weeks of not getting laid just turns him mental and he starts shooting cops!!! :wth:

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 15, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The best part about Wells being so tight lipped since episode 16 is that regardless of whether I'm right about him remembering the alternate timeline due to speed force or he's straight up panicking about not knowing what happened, he seems to be scheming something. What the gently caress is going on in his head?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
The scene with the bee and Wells almost getting up and going to super-speed was such an awesome, tiny touch.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
I like Felicity just dumping the entire third season since the crossover on Barry in one sentence. "Ollie's considering leading the League of Assassins, Laurel is the Black Canary, and Roy is in jail." But my favorite part is that people - like Cisco in the trailer where Laurel tells him she's Black Canary - in the show seem to be in complete awe about Black Canary and Laurel being outed as her is some big thing. I can't imagine Barry's even heard of the Black Canary, really, nor should he be all that surprised that Laurel of all people is her. Does he really even know who Laurel is?

Still, Ray and Felicity saved the episode. I didn't know the girl from Walking Dead was the baddie this episode but she was terrible as a villain. She didn't even do anything and was on screen for like a minute of total screen time. I'm guessing this is just one of those episodes that they needed to do to fill out time before the big stuff happens in regard to the finale. So from the trailer, and seeing as there's four episodes left, I'm guessing that the next two deal with Shapeshifter Man and Cool Mask Dude, the second to last (titled Rogue Air) is where the Rogues bust out the super-max prison inmates, like The Mist and Weather Wizard, and Ollie, Ray, and Barry team up to take them down, and the finale deals with Reverse Flash? Seems like there's no room for Grodd in there at all if I'm right.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Five episodes, actually.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Five episodes, actually.

I thought there was only 23 episodes in the season and we just did 19?

Edit, nope i was wrong, there are five. Seems like the next one is all about Harrison, though, so who knows.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

WarLocke posted:

The scene with the bee and Wells almost getting up and going to super-speed was such an awesome, tiny touch.

Yeah, he's awesome. Reminded me of when he was about to get out of his chair and go superspeed when they were training Barry at the... runway was it?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In the next 5 episodes we are due some kind of Wells flashback/flashforward/flashsideways episode, a Grodd episode, a big Rogues teamup episode, the episode about Deathbolt(?) and the finale.

It's gonna pick up again next week

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

On the other hand we did get this great exchange out of it:

Det. West: Oh yeah, well I'm her father!
Det: Thawne: And I'm her boyfrend! When does my vote matter more than yours?
Det. West: When you become her husband, shitbird!

Det. Thawne: YOU WIN THIS ROUND, DETECTIVE WEST.
Eddie should totally turn the tables on her and propose and be like 'yeah THIS was the big secret I was keeping from you now don't you feel like petty poo poo.'

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
After the ending to last week's Arrow, this was probably one of the worst timings of a crossover episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, I didn't think of that.

Yeah it makes Felicity kind of the worst friend.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

therobotking posted:

Yeah, he's awesome. Reminded me of when he was about to get out of his chair and go superspeed when they were training Barry at the... runway was it?
Yes. He thought Barry was going to get hit by the missile and was ready to blow the secret to save his life. It seems like he's most willing to drop the act whenever Barry is at serious risk or if his life is in true danger.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't we still have a weird time thing going on with Arrow/Flash being out of sync by a week? ie maybe this crossover with Felcity happaned before the end of last weeks Arrow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't Ray dealing with the power source issues because of his fight with Oliver?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't Ray dealing with the power source issues because of his fight with Oliver?

Hahaha Ollie's fighting ANOTHER of his friends? What a goof.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not friends.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Valeyard posted:

Don't we still have a weird time thing going on with Arrow/Flash being out of sync by a week? ie maybe this crossover with Felcity happaned before the end of last weeks Arrow?

Yea, this episode was explicitly noted to take place before Arrow. I don't remember where it was, maybe just the synopsis or something.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

God that would be so good. Barry finally tells her he is the Flash, and then an arm comes through the wall and through her chest - "And I'm the Reverse"

Actually laughed when I read this. No way the writers go this deep into dark humor country, though.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Very surprised to see all the negative reaction to this ep. Sure the villain and the Iris stuff was garbage but uhh, that's been true for almost EVERY episode. (Mind you, the hacking bit was SO DUMB, down to SPARKS exploding out of the computer because she got hacked SO HARD.)

But we got to see Felicity being fun and funny and awkward again (as opposed to crying and inconsistent and existing purely to tease shippers) and it made me happy. I kinda wish they'd cancel Arrow and just bring the cast into the Flash because the Flash writers seem to have a way better handle on them and Arrow is basically dead to me now.

Ray was fun too, and him sciencebro'ing it up with Cisco was good stuff. Cisco having flashbacks to the alternate timeline was interesting and the group finding out at the end is moving that story along in a good way.

Ray: "I can't stay up. [beat] I mean the suit."
Felicity: "He means the suit."
Ray: "The sex is fine."
Caitlin: "Oh god, there's two of them."

"Bee careful!"
"Really?"
"Sorry. Bad pun. Don't die."

"Didn't I give you explicit instructions not to die?"
"That's a big thing for her."

:allears:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Drifter posted:

I still think it was great when Iris was kidnapped because she wrote about the Flash. Which she's known for to this day. And they're still saying that her not knowing Barry's secret's gonna keep her safe.

This is pretty much why the "we neeeeed to protect her!!!" thing bothers me. She's *already* a target for people who think she knows who this Flash is. Her actually knowing doesn't change that in the slightest.

It's clear the show just wants to delay until some opportune, dramatic moment to reveal this information. "We can't tell Iris yet, because nobody's in specific mortal danger and the reveal wouldn't carry enough dramatic weight...have you no showmanship, Eddie?"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

They're not friends.

Ollie sure as hell picked the FRIENDLIEST guy out there to try and pick a fight with, though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Drifter posted:

Ollie sure as hell picked the FRIENDLIEST guy out there to try and pick a fight with, though.

He picked more of a fight with Ollie. They were fighting over Felicity. It was annoying as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh god. I'm so glad I stopped watching that show.

C'mon Flash, shape up. :ohdear:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

VagueRant posted:

Very surprised to see all the negative reaction to this ep. Sure the villain and the Iris stuff was garbage but uhh, that's been true for almost EVERY episode. (Mind you, the hacking bit was SO DUMB, down to SPARKS exploding out of the computer because she got hacked SO HARD.)

But we got to see Felicity being fun and funny and awkward again (as opposed to crying and inconsistent and existing purely to tease shippers) and it made me happy. I kinda wish they'd cancel Arrow and just bring the cast into the Flash because the Flash writers seem to have a way better handle on them and Arrow is basically dead to me now.

Ray was fun too, and him sciencebro'ing it up with Cisco was good stuff. Cisco having flashbacks to the alternate timeline was interesting and the group finding out at the end is moving that story along in a good way.

Ray: "I can't stay up. [beat] I mean the suit."
Felicity: "He means the suit."
Ray: "The sex is fine."
Caitlin: "Oh god, there's two of them."

"Bee careful!"
"Really?"
"Sorry. Bad pun. Don't die."

"Didn't I give you explicit instructions not to die?"
"That's a big thing for her."

:allears:

Sure 75% of the episode was garbage, but . . .

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

A couple pages back but:

Timett posted:

I'm really curious about how they write Iris after she finds out about Barry. If they go the 'you betrayed me and I can't forgive this' route it will be just as bad or worse than what we're getting now, right?
I feel exactly the opposite about this. If Iris just shrugs and goes "Oh okay you were The Flash thats why you let me tear apart my relationship with everyone I care about that makes sense." then it's going to be awful. At this point "I'm The Flash" is as bad an excuse for all this as Mason Bridge's Brazil trip or Lightning Psychosis, and if she accepts that with no consequences or backlash it makes her look as dumb as those two did.

The only way out of this tornado of bad writing surrounding her I can see is if she takes matters into her own hands fully. Have her tear Joe a new one for being the ringmaster for all this, or give her a crazy person peg board like Barry's. Something.

I really liked everything about this episode except all that. I liked all the dumb bee stuff. I even liked the really dumb hacking battle. It's just this thorn in the side of the show that's killing me right now.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that scratches the ominous line "Do you think that's... wise, Barry?" by Wells off the preview bits list...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

WarLocke posted:

Eddie needs to man up and be all "You know what, hell with you guys, I'm telling Iris".

They are pretty blatantly telegraphing this along with a marriage proposal, whether that is something anyone is going to enjoy watching (somewhat unlikely, granted)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

It's funny because if she knew Barry was the Flash she wouldn't have written about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So how about that superhuman prison eh?

• Locked thread