Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Riptor posted:

Yep. Anytime he hits that overexplainy tone I basically check out

Funny. My wife calls it his try hard voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It's the voice anyone who smokes a lot of weed has when they try to explain where the world's gone wrong.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

bvoid posted:

Hey y'all. I hosed together a feed for episodes 1-199 1-300 using the archive that I tossed on some lovely free webhost. It seems to work on the iPhone Podcasts by pasting the link into Safari, but let me know if it's busted and I'll look at it.

http://uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

EDIT: gently caress it, I added more eps (200-300) because they were easy. I can't test it right now but they should work.

:hfive:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Riptor posted:

What the gently caress point was Jonathan making regarding confederate shirts

I think he was saying if you wear it for shock value its fine but if you wear it because you are a ctually a racist its not? I think??

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If Seth didn't agree with every convoluted word of that diatribe we'd have been in for another gas leak situation.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

If Seth didn't agree with every convoluted word of that diatribe we'd have been in for another gas leak situation.

I just came across it in my listen-through a week or two ago, it was so out of character. I'm also now in the Golden Age of Craigshouse, which is fantastic.

Personally, Seth wryly letting Jonathan spin out enough rope to hang himself with (whether it's needlessly saying something most people would offensive, or just ignorance about something) is one of my favourite aspects of the show, and one of the reasons they've got such great chemistry as hosts.

Go on...

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think he was just talking about how it's okay for Young Thug or whoever to wear t-shirts with the confederate flag on them. Young people and other people who don't have any experience with people who hold that symbol as anything serious probably have different attitudes about it than people from the south/rural areas. See also: Dipset Taliban

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jonathan probably just owns a few tank tops with the flag on them that he bought while down south or something.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I think you guys need to re-listen to that segment as it's not hard to understand what he's getting at.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I think an example of what his line of thinking would be how allegedly some Russian gangsters would get swastika tattoos, not because they were Nazis but because it represented opposition to the Russian govenrment. Maybe?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It was pretty clear that Young Thug wearing a confederate flag as a joke is different than some West Virginian skinhead

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can someone send this article to Seth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Walt_Disney_World

I've been reading this for way too long at work today and it feels very UYD at times.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

Can someone send this article to Seth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Walt_Disney_World

I've been reading this for way too long at work today and it feels very UYD at times.

I actually got a call from Seth yesterday (had to fill him in on the realness known as Carowinds) and we talked about how WDW doesn't allow deaths.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606694156/hansen-vs-predator

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Seth please do this and record it.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
453 up. Is this news? Are you reading this?

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Dr Hansen's looking a little like someone who might be getting busted on TCAP these days

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I would totally kick in $25 to direct some of those rewards UYD's way.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

im a girl btw posted:

Dr Hansen's looking a little like someone who might be getting busted on TCAP these days

Yeah I was gonna say, the years and booze have not been kind to the good doctor
That picture where he's looking head-on into the camera on the KS page is straight terrible

Also I have to lol at $200 getting him to follow your twitter for a year, how loving useless

Which further reminds me, I miss UYD reading off celebrities "deep" tweets

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 16, 2015

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Here's $65. Please answer my tweet.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hace posted:

Seth please do this and record it.
Nah then Dr. Hansen would stand him up and Seth would have to write an insane letter to Amy to resolve the situation.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

WDIIA posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, the years and booze have not been kind to the good doctor
That picture where he's looking head-on into the camera on the KS page is straight terrible

Yeah, when I looked at it earlier, I couldn't recognize him.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Where's the top tier reward where you get to be the one that goes in and tells the perp "Have a seat!".

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Or at least offer them Diet Coke or sweet tea.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

That's a hard ten years right there

Although maybe staring 300 sweaty peeds with boner rage in the face will do that to a man

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
The Facebook group raised money for Chris Hansen to call the voicemail, I'm so looking forward to that being the second voicemail played on the show and hearing how giddy Seth gets :allears:

Or do they try to play it off all cool and not talk about it like when they played the Ricky Gervais voicemail, hmmm

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Did Weck's Wiki die or something? I can't get on it, I want to go through and find some things to listen to.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Another Person posted:

Did Weck's Wiki die or something? I can't get on it, I want to go through and find some things to listen to.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140530163213/http://uhhyeahdude.com/wiki/

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth is the only person that can make me laugh by just saying some ones name (jonathon). You realise that comedy is about tone and tempo or what ever. I think it's some weird pavlovian response to knowing he is about to say some thing funny.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Jippa posted:

Seth is the only person that can make me laugh by just saying some ones name (jonathon). You realise that comedy is about tone and tempo or what ever. I think it's some weird pavlovian response to knowing he is about to say some thing funny.

323-481-4422

Calling St. Louissssss

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
Oh my god the story about jonathan killing the rat.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

fried eggs posted:

Came here to post exactly this.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GraPar posted:

Came here to post exactly this.

This is the first episode in a while that I felt we really needed video for. I hope Seth was actually receiving that story for the first time because his shock and horror at the situation was perfect.

I am just trying to imagine the sight of a bearded executioner drowning a rat in a plastic bag and it's too much for me to even handle right now.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh poo poo I asked for an update on the oldest people and Seth complied! God bless you!

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

fried eggs posted:

I feel sorry for the guy because I love animals too and that's a hard decision to make, but why the gently caress would you think drowning it would be a good idea?
The mental image of Jonathan kneeling in his yard squeezing a rat in a plastic bag full of water, crying, is too funny.

spoilered for people who haven't heard the best Jonathan being dumb story in a while

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

:stonk:JONATHAN:stonk:

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Between this and Jonathan's DIY dental surgery, I can only imagine the horrors that take place in his life that are too hosed up to talk about on the show

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Oh Jonathan... Why didn't you think to just, you know, step on the poor thing?

Seconding the wish that this episode had video, just because I want to see the moment Seth asked Jonathan if he could imagine what it would be like to be related to a famous person, because I couldn't tell if he was feigning forgetfulness for comedic effect, or if he genuinely forgot about Papa John for a hot second.

PS, hoping Seth's radio silence about his Celebrity Name Game ringers is a sign that they got on and he doesn't want to blow their cover.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

UYD: Still haven't found that switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

How crazy is the fact that when Jonathan's parents kick it, he is almost certainly going to be a MILLIONAIRE? The guy who cant keep his cell bill paid, who spends merch money on drugs.