Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've had this strange sensation of slime on my front teeth for like a week, which has led to a annoying habit where I breathe in through my teeth and basically dry out the teeth. Rationally I know the 'slime' is just saliva and I should stop, but its really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My dog is kind of a clingy rear end in a top hat. But his fur is so soft that I keep petting him even when he's growling at me for no reason.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I was basically in charge of most of the things at work today for the first time. I did okay but not great and now I'm laying in bed thinking how people are gonna tell me where things went wrong today when I go into work tomorrow.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I love Touch ID and wish it was on everything, but sometimes my fingers are too greasy or sweaty so it doesn't work.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Rolo posted:

I work seven days a week to make 25k a year in one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

Quit your job. I work part-time and make almost as much for standing around, watching people get drunk, and maybe occasionally telling someone to :frogout:

My problem is that my mother-in-law has yet to grasp the fact that I work in a bar and calls me early in the morning all the time. I didn't clock out until 3am last night, please stop calling me at 9am. :sigh:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The fish club meeting went over our usual time on Saturday night by an hour, because the dude running the auction would not shut the gently caress up about how much each bag cost the club and kept trying to get people to start the bids at the end range of the spectrum.

We had a huge convention last month, and rear end in a top hat McFuckup, who was kicked out of another club, begged and whined until our president let him come, on the promise he wouldn't gently caress poo poo up. Well, he didn't threaten anyone this time or get piss drunk, but he DID use another bidder's number to rack up about $100 worth of bids, and then bailed. All those bids were on fish the club tried to auction off this past meeting, but when you have 10 people bidding on everything, the price will stay a lot lower than when you have 150 bidding and everyone outbidding each other.

So we all stayed an hour late, people got pissed, the people that drive 2 hours to the meeting were very pissed, and I ended up taking over the auction and selling everything left for a buck a bag.

We still can't vote/decide if rear end in a top hat Fuckface Thief will be allowed back to the convention next year.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I looked for a precision electronic scale on Amazon. I found one with a precision of 0,01 grams rather cheap, but all the "people who bought this also bought" suggestions were about hundred-packs of little ziploc plastic baggies, and now I'm worried I'm on some kind of list.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My laptop is hosed and the diagnostics are taking forever to do. Hoping it's just the hard drive and not the motherboard because I can't swing a new laptop at the moment and the only other PC I have is my Samsung tablet.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
There's several games I'm very excited for (Salt and Sanctuary, Fire Emblem if, Hotline Miami 2 level editor and Deus Ex Mankind Divided) but it's gonna be a long time until any of them come out.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Anatharon posted:

There's several games I'm very excited for (Salt and Sanctuary, Fire Emblem if, Hotline Miami 2 level editor and Deus Ex Mankind Divided) but it's gonna be a long time until any of them come out.

I just beat both Shadowrun Returns campaigns, got really immersed in the universe (cyberpunk is a weakness of mine) and learned Hong Kong is next but not out until fall. Woe is me :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gta5 is out but I'm at work.
This is just the worst day.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Gta5 is out but I'm at work.
This is just the worst day.

Bad things come in threes, so there'll be one more.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I just beat both Shadowrun Returns campaigns, got really immersed in the universe (cyberpunk is a weakness of mine) and learned Hong Kong is next but not out until fall. Woe is me :(

I like having games to look forward to but I want them out, now. :saddowns:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Chrome is annoying me lately.

SA is blocked at my office, so I use a Chrome remote desktop to connect to my home PC and browse it from there (because gently caress doing work.)

I also use the hangouts extension in Chrome, so this means when I get a message, it now essentially pops up TWICE, once on the PC I'm actually using, and once on the PC I'm remoted into.

I figure the easy fix is to sign out of Hangouts on my home PC, except that Chrome, in it's infinite wisdom, seems to assume that anything you want to do on one instance of Chrome you want to do on ALL of them, so signing out of hangouts on my home PC also signs me out on my work PC. Near as I can tell, there's no way to be signed into hangouts on just one PC, it's an all or nothing deal.

There's a Hangouts App I can get that's not the same as the hangouts extension, so maybe that will let me be signed in to just one location, but I hate the app. It has a persistent taskbar icon, as well as persistent "chat heads" that float around on the desktop for the different conversations. I really, REALLY prefer the hangouts extension version because I can minimize all the conversations to be "hidden" to the system tray icon.

So there's a "Exit" option in the extension that does what I want...I never scrolled down far enough in the options to see it, because I figured 'sign out' was all I was looking for.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Apr 14, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Awful on my phone sorts my bookmarked threads by new replies but desktop SALR for chrome doesn't.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

A combination of moving from sea level to the Rockies, being too busy with job hunting and such to go out and drink regularly, and weighing a hundred pounds soaking wet has reset my alcohol tolerance so that I can't even finish a single 16 oz beer in a restaurant without feeling woozy. At least I'm the world's cheapest drunk now.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

nexus6 posted:

Awful on my phone sorts my bookmarked threads by new replies but desktop SALR for chrome doesn't.

This is my hell every day.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Rolo posted:

I work 2 jobs as a pilot. The industry sucks for the time being.

This is a no-joke disaster waiting to happen.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Neil McCauley posted:

This is a no-joke disaster waiting to happen.

Eh, I'm not exhausted or depressed, I just want more money, hence the first world thing.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I bought GTA5 last night hoping to play after work today. At 60gb for the download I had just enough time between then and when I get home from work to play. I woke up this morning and their lovely download manager locked up at ~20gb, so it's not gonna finish until it's almost bed time now.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

nexus6 posted:

You mean the 'Display threads with new posts first' check box under forum display options?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I want to watch a movie but Amazon prime doesn't have it for free it's $4, gently caress you fucks I'm paying you $100/yr. And you used to be able to get this poo poo by googling vidoes but they're too good now and it's all blocked except for random sites from India that ask for your cc#

gently caress you I just want to watch a movie why am I paying you I am so angry

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I live on a dead end street in the far reaches of an apartment complex with non-delineated street parking during the day and designated parking spots at night. I dropped my boyfriend off at work this morning, came home, pulled up to the curb, parked and went inside to do homework until I left for class. During those three hours some rear end in a top hat cop ticketed me for parking in the "wrong direction." Like okay I get that if it were a heavily trafficked road parking in the "wrong direction" would be a problem but for gently caress's sake you literally have to drive through the entire complex to get to my street and actively choose to turn down the clearly marked dead end, and on top of that there are only three other residents and so who the gently caress cares if my car is pointing left instead of right. Jesus.

If this ticket is more then like twenty dollars I am going to be so pissed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also, I just broke a nail. :saddowns:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

baram. posted:

I bought GTA5 last night hoping to play after work today. At 60gb for the download I had just enough time between then and when I get home from work to play. I woke up this morning and their lovely download manager locked up at ~20gb, so it's not gonna finish until it's almost bed time now.

I preloaded the 60gb and the game unlocked 24 hours ago but between work, sleep, gym and social life I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My work from home full time job pays me well enough but I could make more money if I :effort: but that would mean quite a commute and pants

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love ribs, but I hate the messiness of eating them, and how meat can get wedged between your teeth uncomfortably.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm about to eat the last of my pizza but I kind of want one more slice than I actually have. I'm not even really hungry for it I just want it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm terrible at putting on contact lenses.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Overminty posted:

You mean the 'Display threads with new posts first' check box under forum display options?

Well I'll be, that worked a treat. Thank you! When I posted about this in the SALR thread I was told it couldn't be done :confused:

New problem: I have one less thing to complain about

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
- trader joes always changes its stock and some items that I love just disappear.

- websites that don't offer a "full site" version, so I can only use the mobile version, which has 0 features.

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

- trader joes always changes its stock and some items that I love just disappear.

I still hold a torch for their Chili Mac. Yeah, it's a super simple dish, but when I was in a rush, it was a great, cheap, hearty meal to grab on the way to work. Also, where'd my Beans so Green go?!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Every day or so I have a delivery to a place that opens at 8am. But they never open at 8. Sometimes 8:30, sometimes 9, sometimes 8:45. It is never set and the phone is never answered. They are also in a lovely crackhead neighborhood and I want to get in and out of there asap, but sometimes I have to go two times a day, and then amazingly enough sometimes at loving 10 they're still closed!

Just change your hours sign to: ? to 5pm

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

- websites that don't offer a "full site" version, so I can only use the mobile version, which has 0 features.
I don't know if this First World as much as simply A Problem, that can be a legit hurdle if you're trying to do something important.

Show Me A Chicken
May 6, 2007
I'll show you a geek.
I have a little netbook that I use for work, and a big laptop my dad gave me that I mostly use for watching stuff on YouTube. My netbook has been slowing down a little, but I have little hands and the laptop's keyboard is too big for me to use comfortably.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I want to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, but my husband is playing Bloodbourne and we only have 1 PS4. :(

Edit: I also think I made the wrong decision for which character to romance in Dragon Age.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My sister ignored me when I told her not to bring our N3DS (I paid for half of it) to school because "There's no way it's gonna get stolen."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the middle of a weird purchasing problem on ebay. I asked the guy to cancel the order cause my ebay funbucks weren't added to the order, and he did. Then, I got a shipping notice and an invoice request to pay, so I did (using my ebay funbucks this time). So now it's kind of a mystery as to wtf is going on.

Dammit I just wanna play MKX and beat people up and kill them horribly on the cheap. Is that so bad?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I have literally spent the last 5 hours online shopping for the perfect sushi serving set. I still have not found one I want yet.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I pulled a ligament in my arm and it's just kinda obnoxiously sore for now, but I'm trying to keep off it which means I can do basically nothing. And yesterday was Arm Day :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I got to my dentist appointment way earlier than I was expecting but they're out to lunch so I'm just sitting here alone in the waiting room listening to the weird classical music they're playing and staring at the strangely depressing paintings of lighthouses ugh I just want to get this over with :(