Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foolhorn
Dec 5, 2003

Remember kids, be like Billy. Behave yourself.

An Enormous Boner posted:

She brings her dog on stage as a prop for part of her act.

And a jar of peanut butter too I'm hoping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Ronnie B. in studio on TACS tomorrow.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
:siren: :siren: :siren: SiriusXM wants Ant back! :siren: :siren: :siren:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I laughed.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Same, I laughed a little too hard as soon as I saw it.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
this pfgtv thing is loving me up

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
Check On That Ho Before You Decide To Go

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

We still miss you in Manchvegas, Scorch.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Jimmy is on JRE. He just confirmed he's making an animated pilot that features all of his characters.

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

We still miss you in Manchvegas, Scorch.
Yee Dynasty should be draped all in black by this point. That's like 98% of their business gone. Yet they're still there. I have no idea how. They keep shutting down and coming back.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Stokes posted:

Jimmy is on JRE. He just confirmed he's making an animated pilot that features all of his characters.

I can't imagine it getting a significant audience at all. And I love Jimmy's characters.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

TL posted:

I can't imagine it getting a significant audience at all. And I love Jimmy's characters.

Well it's only a 6 minute test pilot. Adult Swim could show it at 3 a.m., throw it on their Youtube, and wake up to 7 million hits ala Too Many Cooks. Who knows?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I get a kick out of a lot of Jim's characters, but somehow I can't see them translating at all. Most of them boil down to "guy who sounds weird."

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I also think they shine as a response to something. Uncle Paul can be hilarious, but without it being a reaction you're just hearing pedophile fan fiction.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Yeah I think the only character with legs is maybe Chippah, and you'd have to write it brilliantly and be in the right place at the right time ala Beavis and Butthead.

Maybe if you did some sort of story where there is a straight man, like animated Jimmy himself or something, and the crazy characters are just side gags ala the pedophile from Family Guy or Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons or whatever.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

MrChupon posted:

Yeah I think the only character with legs is maybe Chippah, and you'd have to write it brilliantly and be in the right place at the right time ala Beavis and Butthead.

Maybe if you did some sort of story where there is a straight man, like animated Jimmy himself or something, and the crazy characters are just side gags ala the pedophile from Family Guy or Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons or whatever.

Straight man? drat right I like to put my peckah in her cootah.... tss tss.. doosh doosh.

:thumbsup:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I just hope that Jimmy's not involved in the visual aspect. The first time he did Chippa TV, it was hilarious because he looked around like he was nervous and people took him seriously. Every time after that, he would suck his chin in or wear a silly hat and everybody realized he was doing a character.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I would watch an animated show about a young Chip going to school and getting to know Lamar. You could work uncle paul in that way without too much work. The other characters though won't make any god drat sense. Like Edgar is at his best when Jimmy does him in studio to annoy Sam or Vos or to interrupt Opie.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Josh Goodnaturedly is the best

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I can't imagine watching a show made up of characters someone invented particularly to annoy people.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

CrashCat posted:

I can't imagine watching a show made up of characters someone invented particularly to annoy people.

I don't know. Family Guy does ok.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Any of Ron on the Cumia Show going to be posted? I'm sure it was great.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Any of Ron on the Cumia Show going to be posted? I'm sure it was great.

You are right. He got Ant to admit re: his racist rants towards the end of the run -- 'maybe I lost track'. First 3 hour TACS. He got Ant to squirm a few times. Lots of laughs were had. It was a great show.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Just started watching it and the first words out of Ron's mouth were "You already started the show? What did I miss? Some cops versus blacks stuff?"

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

jyrka posted:

Just started watching it and the first words out of Ron's mouth were "You already started the show? What did I miss? Some cops versus blacks stuff?"

Hahaha, oh Ron.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I guess Ari & Rogan are hosting today and Anthony tried to come in as a guest?

@rolandos99 @joerogan @AriShaffir #IStandWithAnt like a schmuck in the lobby @AnthonyCumia

https://twitter.com/danigolightlyny/status/589028844876779520

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

The Dave posted:

I also think they shine as a response to something. Uncle Paul can be hilarious, but without it being a reaction you're just hearing pedophile fan fiction.

He also works better when there's people in the room reacting to him. Part of the fun is hearing people in studio go "Oh, jesus christ, ew, " etc while laughing

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
What's up with Ron's hair?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Okay, since R&F seem to be done for, I'll have to ask here:

Over the past month, coming out of breaks, I kept hearing this female, almost robotic voice, usually coming out of Phunky Fanfare. You can hear it here, at 25:47. I can't tell what she's saying. I don't know if it's from the radio show or if it's from the program that the recorders used, but I have no idea what it is, and it's bugging me.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Newsweek article on it

http://www.newsweek.com/siriusxm-denies-entry-former-employee-and-radio-host-anthony-cumia-323152

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Morter posted:

Okay, since R&F seem to be done for, I'll have to ask here:

Over the past month, coming out of breaks, I kept hearing this female, almost robotic voice, usually coming out of Phunky Fanfare. You can hear it here, at 25:47. I can't tell what she's saying. I don't know if it's from the radio show or if it's from the program that the recorders used, but I have no idea what it is, and it's bugging me.

lol thief spotted

edit: seriously it's a watermark from the premier OnA pirate site on the net. He started putting it on there when people sarted taking his recordings and putting em behind adlinks.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 17, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm not a thief, it's a public youtube! :arghfist:

Edit: Oh, I see. What does it say, exactly? That's all I want to decipher. :ohdear:

Anthony's take on it is priceless:

Morter fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 17, 2015

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Morter posted:

I'm not a thief, it's a public youtube! :arghfist:

Edit: Oh, I see. What does it say, exactly? That's all I want to decipher. :ohdear:

ugh I hesitate even repeating it cuz dude freaks out anytime he gets mentioned somewhere but...
it's saying "AFRO and Friends"

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Just two days until Bennington. :)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CAA posted:

Fwd: Jerry

Steve....give me a call after you guys connect. Scott [Greensteen] has been after Jerry for a long time. Within reason I think he would give us almost anything to get him on Sirius...and it might not be a bad promo platform for us.

Best,
cc

Sony posted:

Working on proposal…will advise before we send

CAA posted:

Ok. I think we can extract some money from him. He is obsessed. Let's try.

Sony posted:

Want marketing too…need a push on new eps to website and crackle

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/6889

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Haha holy poo poo. Scott Greenstein's assistant's phone number is on those. I hope he or she enjoys getting ramoned. Not that I condone that behavior... https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/5127

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 18, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

MullardEL34 posted:

Haha holy poo poo. Scott Greenstein's assistant's phone number is on those. I hope he or she enjoys getting ramoned. Not that I condone that behavior... https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/5127

If you didn't see the reddit post, Colin Quinn's email is a Goodfellas reference. And Seinfeld was trying to get him on Crackle but Sony turned him down.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Stokes posted:

Let me guess. Cokelogic's running it?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I finally listened to that Florentine show where they talk about the divorce... Good lord both Opie and Jim were ridiculous. More so Opie obviously, he wouldn't drop it, but I'm surprised Norton didn't even subtlely get themselves off the topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm ready for the return of Bennigans.

• Locked thread