Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Couldn't even make the joke before the preview came on with the Lazarus Pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thea as Cheshire confirmed.

Also, that minicrossover at the end basically confirms that the particle accelerator explosion had a much larger area of effect than expected.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

GLOSS posted:

So is he joining the super hero clusterfuck show next year? Seems like that'd make sense with this send-off...

Don't get me wrong, I love Arrow & The Flash, but that Superhero Clusterfuck Show just sounds like one too many to follow. Can't the CW come up with another original show to fill the slot? I'd much rather have something different to watch like iZombie, which was an awesome surprise.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
This season is definitely on it's way up quality wise, but Ollie is really inconsistent. Thanking everyone for being awesome without him in The Return, then pushing them away again. Tonight he even said (when he thought Roy was dead), "I wish you'd have let me try to break him out" and in the same breath "I make my own choices." Is the team holding him back, or is he holding himself back? He needs to figure it out if he's going to be a good leader because this is getting irritating.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Caper posted:

This season is definitely on it's way up quality wise, but Ollie is really inconsistent. Thanking everyone for being awesome without him in The Return, then pushing them away again. Tonight he even said (when he thought Roy was dead), "I wish you'd have let me try to break him out" and in the same breath "I make my own choices." Is the team holding him back, or is he holding himself back? He needs to figure it out if he's going to be a good leader because this is getting irritating.

He's saying that he made the choice to not suit up and head out without any of them knowing about it. Remember he was really good at sneaking out back in season 1 (jumping out of the moving car, putting Dig in a sleeper hold).

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

I feel bad for Sin, guys.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So, hey, I'll say it: someone needs to slam Captain Lance's head in with a car door at this point.

Like...he feels bad that Roy gets shivved in prison, but he wouldn't feel bad if the exact same thing happens to Oliver under his watch?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
To be fair to Lance, he's had it out for Ollie since before the series started. The families have known each other for a long time, and Ollie has always been trouble.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
What was the preview for the next episode?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aquasnake posted:

They're gonna toss Thea in the Lazarus Pit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

Look, Roy Thea just needs bed rest and tea, right? Right?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Scyantific posted:

Thea as Cheshire confirmed.

Also, that minicrossover at the end basically confirms that the particle accelerator explosion had a much larger area of effect than expected.

Or that the guy isn't a result of the explosion.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aquasnake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tbcb_sSAVA

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
God drat that trailer just about ruined everything. I was really hoping both of them died to be honest.That would've been spectacular.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Getting caught up and am a bit in but seriously I cannot wait for the midseason break of having the Atom in a show he's just so loving wonderful and enthusiatic and opposite of brooding rear end in a top hat. Ugh I love him so much.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
If Thea doesn't die by Ras' sword then she's on deck to be the next Ras al Ghul just like Ollie, right?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
THIS loving SHOW :stare:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay good to see Arrow back on track, really good episode was not expecting Roy to leave. Plus The Atom was kicking rear end and Cisco made a appearance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BrianWilly posted:

So, hey, I'll say it: someone needs to slam Captain Lance's head in with a car door at this point.

Like...he feels bad that Roy gets shivved in prison, but he wouldn't feel bad if the exact same thing happens to Oliver under his watch?

"I'd say I'm sorry, but we both know who killed him."

Yeah, the GUY WITH THE KNIFE. If you're going to absolve yourself of guilt by tracking everything back to Ollie, you may as well go further to Merlin sinking the boat (he did that, right?), or Ras who trained him, or Brickwell who killed his wife driving him to the League, or the guy who made the sandwich that Brickwell ate that morning.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I love that Ray is all excited that a metahuman means he can beat him with science and gets hyped for his first real super villain face off. Then it turns out his science is not useful against this guy (well I guess the remote control thing is a nice display of his science, indirectly) but the real solution is to learn to just beat the guy up with his relatively mundane metal fists.

I came out of this weeks Flash episode a little down on ATOM as being compelling enough to carry a show. This episode helped that a little but I still feel he should remain a secondary character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm inordinately happy Lance used the phrase "dropping bodies" again

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aw man :smith:

"Greg Berlanti posted:

“When we made Colton’s deal, he was coming off of Teen Wolf where he was beloved, and he had a lot of opportunities,” Berlanti said during a recent phone interview. “So we did a trial thing where we said, for his sake and ours, ‘We’ll just do a bunch of episodes and see if you like it and if you enjoy it.’ And he did. Then pilot season came up that year and before another pilot could snatch him up, we made a two-year deal, so we always knew we were on a clock.”

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

FELD1 posted:

To be fair to Lance, he's had it out for Ollie since before the series started. The families have known each other for a long time, and Ollie has always been trouble.

Ollie has also hosed both of his daughters, repeatedly and on numerous occasions.

That thought alone probably shits in his oatmeal every morning.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They should have just let Roy's departure being The Atom electrocuting him in the parking lot.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Loved it at the end when they were closing Deathbolt in the Pipeline and Ray was all, "uh, how do these guys eat?"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
At first I was all "Speedy :smith:" but now we're going to do hilarious Lazarus Pit hijinx and that's going to be loving fantastic. I hope they devise a horrifically complex Ocean's Eleven scheme that ends up sneaking Thea in, resurrecting her, and sneaking her out with Ra's ever knowing.

Bonus points if it involves Oliver keeping him busy with a fight long enough to do it, having Oliver winning enough for Ra's to surrender and wait to be killed, then being all "peace out bitches" and escaping.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Selachian posted:

Loved it at the end when they were closing Deathbolt in the Pipeline and Ray was all, "uh, how do these guys eat?"

Even better was the huge pause afterwards from Cisco, like he was getting ready to say ".... uh oh."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bad Moon posted:

THIS loving SHOW :stare:

Came here to post this. Thanks jerk.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I am of course terrible at predicting anything about this show, but my guess is that Roy will probably end up at ARGUS (to mirror the time he spent with Checkmate in the comics) and end up popping in a couple times for the HIVE plot next year as part of their new non-suicidal squad.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
So now we know why Ollie's in the League outfit in the on-set photos, right? The cops have the Arrow outfit, and the Arrow is "officially" dead with Roy's ruse. Rebranding to Green Arrow for next season a-go?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Slamhound posted:

If Thea doesn't die by Ras' sword then she's on deck to be the next Ras al Ghul just like Ollie, right?

:aaaaa:

This would be a good twist.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
I think technically, even with the Lazarus pit and what not, she still did die by his sword.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

The Arrow producers claim this kind of bullshit continually. Roy will turn up again one way or another eventually.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
That wireless tele-fisticuffs was loving stupid in premise and in execution, especially since the Roy rumble in jail was pretty good. This was an okay episode, though I think if I wasn't curious how the season's plots was going to end and how it tied into The Flash I might not still be sticking with it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I was definitely expecting Ras to force Ollie to take the mantle of Demon's Head by killing/injuring someone. And I think the writers expected people to think that too, thus the fake out with Roy's death (and as a way to write him off) before having Thea be the victim instead. I expect a good Barrowman performance next episode out of this because of this though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Narratively I like what they did with Roy. He, Felicity, and Diggle saving Ollie at great cost to Roy and in a way that Ollie might really absorb. But half way through the episode I was thinking that it might be good for Roy to go to jail. I was thinking they could leave him there until midway through next season, give him a subplot on his own that would develop his character, and then get him out a fuller character. Like I said, I liked this story narratively but I'm sad to see him leave. I'm sure he'll be back eventually so I just don't hope it's too long.

Although it would be very cool if he ended up on the third show. Oliver/Arrow is Batman so I'd love it if somehow Roy/Arsenal became Robin/Nightwing leading a Titans/Outsiders team (yeah, I know Harper is part of both teams in the comics but you know what I mean). We've had a million ideas of what that show could be but that's one I hadn't thought of until tonight that I'd love.

I thought this was a tremendous episode. Team Arrow doing good, Lance on rage, Felicity inducing funny dialogue at inappropriate times, Laurel doing law stuff, Oliver in his best role as a teacher to new heroes, and two gut punch "kills." Classic Arrow.

And of course Thea got screwed all episode. Because Classic Arrow.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
That Roy prison fight was basically a lesson on how NOT to edit a fight scene, goddamn. Choreography looked pretty solid, maybe the hits weren't sold very well? It seemed like they edited around every hit and moved time forward between shots way too much. The Thea and final Atom fight wasn't anywheren near as bad. Weird.

Anyway, they didn't have the balls to kill anyone off - if Thea gets lazarus'd - and that sucks. I did like Diggle and Felicity's sendoff to Roy though. That was legit heartfelt. His character kind of got shafted throughout the entire show though, huh? Really seems like they could've done more there.

I enjoyed Cisco's appearance too. And Ray was fun, but the arc "you can fight by using your HEART because you're a HERO" was just...ugh.

Bruceski posted:

If you're going to absolve yourself of guilt by tracking everything back to Ollie, you may as well go further to Merlin sinking the boat (he did that, right?)
Did he? I didn't think he did, but that Moira was somehow involved in the sabotage in a way they never really explained. Hrmm...

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

VagueRant posted:

I enjoyed Cisco's appearance too. And Ray was fun, but the arc "you can fight by using your HEART because you're a HERO" was just...ugh.
Did he? I didn't think he did, but that Moira was somehow involved in the sabotage in a way they never really explained. Hrmm...

They hinted that she was but ended up deciding on the asian dude sold robert queen out after he tried to conspire with him against Merlyn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hcreight posted:

The Arrow producers claim this kind of bullshit continually. Roy will turn up again one way or another eventually.

Uh, yeah. An expiring contract doesn't mean he's not allowed to ever do the show again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress Lazarus Pits for completely cheapening death in the Arrow universe. We need explanation on the limits of this awful device, and soon.

Its a goddamn reset button built into the series. Hack writers have been using it for decades, I really hoped that the Arrow team knew better.

• Locked thread