Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wish I paid more attention to the details of my flex account when I had one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

finally on tax day he can make his way into his wife's completely uninterested vagina by using twelve entire bottles of lube

also this guy looks kewl

Kind of ironic that he has a ripoff of his name in the Obama sign.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Wait, I just got it. It's a joke that paying taxes is akin to getting anally raped. See, it's funny because Crowder is a leech who thinks he deserves all the things taxes give us without actually contributing.

Although now that I think of it, does Crowder even make enough to be taxed? Maybe he's just one of those idiots who doesn't deduct enough so he always owes.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Good luck getting durable medical equipment on some plans though, gently caress. I spent hours calling suppliers to get a $35 spica for a kid.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Wait, I just got it. It's a joke that paying taxes is akin to getting anally raped. See, it's funny because Crowder is a leech who thinks he deserves all the things taxes give us without actually contributing.

Although now that I think of it, does Crowder even make enough to be taxed? Maybe he's just one of those idiots who doesn't deduct enough so he always owes.

Here is what he thinks in meme form

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Here is what he thinks in meme form

The meme maker does not understand how taxes work.

EDIT: regarding flex accounts, I'll explain for any non-Americans or people who are unfamiliar with them; their benefits seem difficult to quantify, but basically you set aside a portion of your income to go into what functions as a checking account. However much you put in gets deducted from your taxable wages, so it's pretax money. whatever you buy with that account has a discount of whatever your effective tax rate is. So if you're effectively being taxed at 25%, it is as though everything you buy with that account is 25% off.

If you were gonna buy medical stuff anyway, it adds up to be quite a savings.

You can also get one for dependent care (ie, day care, nanny wages). Interestingly these enormous tax breaks are only available through employers and are typically only offered in white collar settings. Another way the working class gets screwed.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 16, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Xibanya posted:

The meme maker does not understand how taxes work.

EDIT: regarding flex accounts, I'll explain for any non-Americans or people who are unfamiliar with them; their benefits seem difficult to quantify, but basically you set aside a portion of your income to go into what functions as a checking account. However much you put in gets deducted from your taxable wages, so it's pretax money. whatever you buy with that account has a discount of whatever your effective tax rate is. So if you're effectively being taxed at 25%, it is as though everything you buy with that account is 25% off.

If you were gonna buy medical stuff anyway, it adds up to be quite a savings.

You can also get one for dependent care (ie, day care, nanny wages). Interestingly these enormous tax breaks are only available through employers and are typically only offered in white collar settings. Another way the working class gets screwed.

The meme maker is Steven so of course

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

whaley posted:

also this guy looks kewl

He always looks heavily medicated.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Re: Huckabee.

Does the Christian Right really want to drive us into the times of Revelations? Like the more I think of it, the more insane that truly does sound.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

beatlegs posted:

He always looks heavily medicated.

He looks like he's a character in a Playstation 2 game

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BattleHork posted:

He looks like a bad FPS skin you downloaded in 2002 and kept using even though it didn't fit the model right.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Does the Christian Right really want to drive us into the times of Revelations? Like the more I think of it, the more insane that truly does sound.

Yes, a fair vocal few seriously think that and consider it one of the reasons why we shouldn't care about the environment: the end of days will come before any of that starts to bite us in the rear end.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why wouldn't they? They get pulled right up into heaven without having to die and also get to watch all of us horrible sinners get tormented by things like scorpion/locusts with lady faces.

EDIT: I was raised Southern Baptist and I can say from experience that most the older crowd in that church pined for the apocalypse to kick off and destroy this world. It was one of Brother *Name Withheld*'s favorite preaching. Next to hellfire and brimstone of course. God, his services were terrifying.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 16, 2015

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

World Famous Whore posted:

Why wouldn't they? They get pulled right up into heaven without having to die and also get to watch all of us horrible sinners get tormented by things like scorpion/locusts with lady faces.

But we'd die before we got done marveling at the verifiable miracle and thanking God for making something so cool.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Good news then! You can worship and marvel at them in agony.

Revelation 9:5-6 posted:

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

BattleHork posted:

The truth was like a green crack through my brain. Badly photoshopped posters hanging on the wall, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. The repetitious act of blogging talking points, time slowing down to show off my sick burns. The paranoid feeling of someone controlling my every step. I was a right wing hack. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Is this a recent picture? kid still looks like a pycho and he still hasn't grown out of his lovely ideas? Kinda sad.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

OAquinas posted:

The truth was like a green crack through my brain. Badly photoshopped posters hanging on the wall, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. The repetitious act of blogging talking points, time slowing down to show off my sick burns. The paranoid feeling of someone controlling my every step. I was a right wing hack. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

"I don't know about angels, but its fearmongering that gives nuts wings. "

"So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a right wing pundit. Some rent-a-clown with a microphone who goes on bigoted tirades. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry little dweeb without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to rail against gay marriage like some dime store Limbaugh and I realized they were correct, I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister..."

"I had a dream of Reagan. He was dead. But it was alright."

Okay I'm done.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cythereal posted:

:getin: Do it. Seriously, do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvOeQF_S-I

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mantis42 posted:

"I don't know about angels, but its fearmongering that gives nuts wings. "

"So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a right wing pundit. Some rent-a-clown with a microphone who goes on bigoted tirades. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry little dweeb without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to rail against gay marriage like some dime store Limbaugh and I realized they were correct, I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister..."

"I had a dream of Reagan. He was dead. But it was alright."

Okay I'm done.

Well poo poo, now I really need to replay Max Payne 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thump! posted:

Well, poo poo, now I really need to rewatch Max Payne 3.

fixt

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Is this a recent picture? kid still looks like a pycho and he still hasn't grown out of his lovely ideas? Kinda sad.

Yeah it's a pretty sharp contrast to that one 13 year old CPAC superstar who started reading more and more outside his conservative comfort zone and when he grew up completely changed his mind and was ruthlessly mocked by the right wing for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Krohn

quote:

My involvement at such a young age happened for manifold reasons: I always enjoyed writing (I had gotten my first paid writing gig when I was 9), I enjoyed politics (or at least the theory of politics), and I grew up in Georgia, where conservative ideologues dominated the radio and the populace. Mix those things with the naïveté of a kid and you’ve got the perfect recipe for a fresh, right-wing pundit. My star role worked out well for a while. I didn’t have to question any of the talking points I’d made in my speech, and I got to drone on and on about them at numerous Tea Parties and other conservative gatherings. I felt justified in my beliefs if for no other reason than no one actually told me I was wrong. Instead, men like Bill Bennett and Newt Gingrich hailed me as the voice for my generation and a hope for America.

The Daily Caller, for instance, wrote three articles about my shift, topping it off with an opinion piece in which they stated that I deserved criticism because I wear “thick-rimmed glasses” and I like Ludwig Wittgenstein. Why don’t they just call me “four-eyes”? These are not adults leveling serious criticism; these are scorned right-wingers showing all the maturity of a little boy. No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13.

I was tired of the right using me as an example of how young people “get” what they’re talking about — when it’s obvious that I didn’t get what I talking about at all. I mean, come on, I was between 13 and 14 when I was regurgitating these talking points! What does a kid who has never paid a tax bring to the table in a conversation about the burden of taxes? What does a healthy child know about people who can’t afford healthcare because of preexisting conditions? No matter how intelligent a person might be, certain political issues require life experience; they’re much more complicated than the black and white frames imposed by partisan America.

Cowger has just gone all in and capitalized on the fact that his youth makes him famous. He got big time recognition claiming that Obama turned his friends gay, and rather then a psych eval he was heralded as a god-fearing conservative with all the right ideas.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well at least SA has years of entertainment. Some goon with a worthless degree in social science or another worthless field should make the kid a case study.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can confirm that Obama turned me gay.

His irresistible charisma reverberated back through the streams of time and created gay.
:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

How do I quickly and confidently notify Cowger that I jerk it to the sound of his voice on the reg. Like, what's the most direct way for him to know that I'm out there jammin to his cracking whinetones?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nice mic. nice shirt. what do you think of the new star wars? want to go to applebees after?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I have never seen or heard of anything by Crowder outside of this thread, and I'm starting to suspect he's not a famous media personality at all and is only posted here for that sweet behind he's always showing off.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BattleHork posted:

It looks more like someone just hit the "random" button in the Mass Effect character generator

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

whaley posted:

finally on tax day he can make his way into his wife's completely uninterested vagina by using twelve entire bottles of lube

also this guy looks kewl

He's got school shooter eyes...

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

FuzzySkinner posted:

Since when did the existence of Israel go from "Holocaust reparations + Cold War ally in the region" to "Israel must hold onto Jerusalem in order for us to get a timer victory" anyway?

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
To paraphrase some others previously, there are some in the "Christian," circles who really do want the End Times to come - thanks to whatever they've consumed and internalized as their beliefs, they feel like they will be okay once Armageddon comes to town.

These same people (or ones similar to them) were going on about not helping out with the Ebola outbreak as it surely wouldn't bother them.

Its simultaneously amusing and frightening to see how short-sighted, selfish and willfully ignorant these people are.

Is this sort of thing a U.S. only type of thing?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

DrProsek posted:

If I were Clinton's campaign manager, I'd tell her to go to a KFC. Not even a community outreach thing, literally just walk in, get some chicken to go, and leave after making some small talk with the cashier and maybe a few families there. Time how long it takes for someone to go on air and ask "Clinton spotted at a KFC! Is she trying to win the government niggotiator vote before Ben Carson announces?"

Come on man, if you're gonna send her into a chicken joint, at least make it Popeyes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/fast-food-workers-you-dont-deserve-15-an-hour-to-flip-burgers-and-thats-ok/

Matt Walsh folks. Dog whistling shitlord: Then, Now, Forever.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Any political pundit that thinks he or she works harder than a fast food worker is deluded as hell.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Radish posted:

Any political pundit that thinks he or she works harder than a fast food worker is deluded as hell.

Rush Limbaugh, arbiter of who works hard, makes a living by yelling into a mic for three hours a day :lol:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

No, there's apocalyptic groups all over.

In fact, Daesh (AKA IS/ISIS) thinks that they will lose most of their people in battle, until there are only 500 (5000?) fighters left in one town in Syria, and then the Apocalypse will happen and they win in the end.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

I have never seen or heard of anything by Crowder outside of this thread, and I'm starting to suspect he's not a famous media personality at all and is only posted here for that sweet behind he's always showing off.

He's famous in that his videos will bounce around on facebook from time to time.

quote:

Matt Walsh is a blogger, writer, speaker, and professional truth sayer.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!

I'll never forget when this shitheel posted a similar article within a few days of begging people to support his noble blogging.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

VitalSigns posted:

The thing about a lot of these conservative bloggers is that they missed the train on being Anne Coulter or Greg Gutfeld by a few years so now they're stuck waiting and crafting their brand of assholery hoping it will get them called up to the big leagues down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

My favorite part is the tweets he picked for the article show the whitest people.