Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

seriously? poo poo i thought it was just bullet time for drive-bys.

all of the scripted driving parts of the game are very smooth though, shouldnt really have much trouble

Well it sort of is but it like 3x improves handling and poo poo. A muscle car that would flip over on a turn just smoothly glides into it with his power on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol i tried to throw the gas and accidentally gassed myself and had to start over

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

seriously? poo poo i thought it was just bullet time for drive-bys.

Frog Act posted:

i also thought it was just bullet time.

wow. super racist.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

wow. super racist.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the best way to fail missions are to fire a flare at walls and bounce it in the wrong area.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://youtu.be/V6_GfHB-BZg?t=2m58s

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Franklin's power kicks rear end. You can use it to precision throw sticky bombs out your car at cops.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol It's a nice touch that your sunglasses will tint the color of your screen in first person.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I did the first heist with bbg and lumpy just before and it was pretty cool. Failed it like 5 times yesterday, but past it first go today.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Was gonna wait for rockstar to sort out my garage before getting anymore cars...then I found an ocelot and ok I kinda need a vehicle, then boom I've spent a million dollars upgrading/buying cars.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im actually pleasantly surprised by the flying, once i got a hang of it, it wasn't so bad. at least the generic propeller planes aren't hard to fly around and land. also, where is the submarine thing? i want to scope out the ocean

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Underwater.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frog Act posted:

im actually pleasantly surprised by the flying, once i got a hang of it, it wasn't so bad. at least the generic propeller planes aren't hard to fly around and land. also, where is the submarine thing? i want to scope out the ocean

the submarine is a tad slow just warning you

it is pretty cool they put so much detail into the ocean though. or at least a lot more than you'd expect

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I got them to comp me $2m for that fwiw

While the money is kind of an issue, I care more about the rare cars.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn't tell them what I was missing either because you can see it on my social page.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is there a time limit on cheats on this? That was gay as gently caress on 360. I only play these games to gently caress around i have never completed a single mission

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Same, the Ocelot is a pain to get sometimes

Ya as soon as I saw it I grabbed it. Probably the best stealable car.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeah found a hot pink ocelot yesterday and grabbed it for my garage.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

After that, these are the settings I was able to push it to:

- 1920x1080
- DX 11
- Fullscreen
- AF 16x
- 2x MSAA + TXAA
- Reflection MSAA @ Off
- Textures, Environments, Water, Shadows, Shaders, Tesselation @ Very High
- Ambient Occlusion, Post FX, Grass, Particles @ High
- Reflections @ Ultra
- Soft Shadows @ Softer
- Long Shadows, Streaming While Flying @ On
- High Res Shadows @ Off
- Population Density/Variety, Distance scaling all @ 100%
- Extended Distance & Shadows both @ 60%

It's so loving smooth and good looking after I messed with it for a few days and got this configuration. Hope this helps anyone who's still dialing poo poo in.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
thank you! gonna try this when I get home

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea on my 970 I went from like 55-60 to 70-80 in a lot of places doing that. Turning shadows to very high or MSAA makes it drop to 55 sometimes still which fucks up aim and poo poo a little but enough to irritate me so I have them on high.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I need to tinker with the mouse settings because it seems ultra sensitive by default.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeNf_1t9xg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turns out if you really hate the ingame editor you can just render all your footage and it gets put in your AppData folder. Then you can just take it and edit it with Movie Maker or Premier or something. Or upload it yourself, I guess.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Larry Parrish posted:

Turns out if you really hate the ingame editor you can just render all your footage and it gets put in your AppData folder. Then you can just take it and edit it with Movie Maker or Premier or something. Or upload it yourself, I guess.

Fuuuuck I've been looking all over tge place for that. Good to know

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

this game can not run on 6 GB of ram lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The main thing that bugs me is the sky flickering. I dunno how to fix it.

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

Wormskull posted:

The main thing that bugs me is the sky flickering. I dunno how to fix it.

Are you on SLI?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I've got just up to where im getting ready for the first heist in the story and so far I gotta say I really like michael's character. Can't wait to find out more of his mysterious past and why he seems so angry about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Franklin's the only guy you play that I like but Michael's family is funny.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
flying with WASD and the arrow keys is actually pretty easy once you get used to it but for driving you cant beat a controller

i never got to play with anything past the base game on ps3 so i am hype to get allthe dlc's and gently caress around with the VTOL jet. its fun to fly around the military base and shoot down the huge planes that take off there while dodging missiles

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

subhuman filth posted:

this game can not run on 6 GB of ram lol

i checked my processes and thats what it tries to loving use lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i cant play the game while chrome is also open in the background.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

tumor looking batty posted:

i cant play the game while chrome is also open in the background.

It was running really poorly at first for me because I had a browser open in the background for the rockstar club site.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

it's even worse with my piece of poo poo Firefox. I just don't have enough ram... I can only pray that I at least have the right type.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

man nurse posted:

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

Pro-strat right here. Performance increased dramatically when I did this. :pcgaming:

zen death robot posted:

This game really likes ram

Game apparently has a memory leak with regards to alt+tabbing. Pause on losing focus is the supposed culprit, disabling that should alleviate it.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Well this ports off to a bad start. Game refuses to go full screen under any mode

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

BrettRobb posted:

Well this ports off to a bad start. Game refuses to go full screen under any mode

user error :devil:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Does nothing. What a bad port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

African AIDS cum posted:

Is there a time limit on cheats on this? That was gay as gently caress on 360. I only play these games to gently caress around i have never completed a single mission

please respond

• Locked thread