Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
:madmax:

Is that really you whip.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
For a second there I thought I was watching a trailer for Super Troopers 2 with Farva at the wheel.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rude.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-man-lands-gyrocopter-on-capitol-lawn/

Question: Whip, are you sad you didn't get to be a first responder to yet another Florida Man sighting?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I think we can all agree that now is the time to install flak cannons on the White house roof.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Does Whip get to fly the new police gyrocopter?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Does Whip get to fly the new police gyrocopter?

Even though he claims it was for campaign finance reform, it was just viral marketing for the new USPS Gyro delivery fleet.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Edit: nah.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Ok, actual question. A friend of mine got rear ended today. No damage, no injuries. He was all pissed off and wanted to call the police.

1.) Would the dispatcher actually send an officer?
2.) Would the officer even take a report?
3.) If the answer is "Yes" to #1 and #2, how annoyed would the officer be? Again, no damage to either car, no injuries at all.

Edit: Madison, WI, population ~250k, in case that makes a difference.

ssb fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 23, 2015

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

shortspecialbus posted:

Ok, actual question. A friend of mine got rear ended today. No damage, no injuries. He was all pissed off and wanted to call the police.

1.) Would the dispatcher actually send an officer?
2.) Would the officer even take a report?
3.) If the answer is "Yes" to #1 and #2, how annoyed would the officer be? Again, no damage to either car, no injuries at all.

Edit: Madison, WI, population ~250k, in case that makes a difference.

1: Probably*

2: Probably not.

* - if this occurred on a highway you can scratch out the probably and just assume no, I've never known a state trooper that went to a minor property damage crash. Usually their dispatchers are told to tell you to sort it out amongst yourselves if it's a minor paint exchange/fender bender. If it's a big city, they'll probably put you in the rotation of calls but you'll be so low on the priority list that you'll be sitting there for an hour just to have a cop shake his head at you. My agency, God bless their dumb little hearts, is so bored out of its mind that we will show up to any crash we get called for. You probably won't get a crash report for something so minor, but we'll show up and facilitate information exchange if necessary.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
wisconsin might be different tho because of the number of people that misunderstand the insurance statutes there and drive around without insurance as a result

e: source: USAA when I asked why my insurance in Duluth was higher than Seattle

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/traffic/accident.htm

you only need to report it if damage is greater than 1,000 dollars or somebody is injured or dies. Otherwise just exchange info. Officer would be annoyed accident reports suck.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
We are dispatched to any and all accidents no matter how minor and take reports for any crashes with $1500 in damage or more. In my experience just chipping the paint on a bumper is nearly $1000 nowadays so the result is we take reports on almost every single accident we go to.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
If the damage is minor and there are no injuries we would make sure proper information is exchanged, but no crash report would be written. I would only be annoyed if you demand a report and/or the drivers won't act like adults and/or don't start exchanging information like they taught in drivers ed before I get there.

We get dispatched to everything that is called in. Even poo poo we shouldn't.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

All Cops Are Beannieson

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Untagged posted:

We get dispatched to everything that is called in. Even poo poo we shouldn't.

"204 I have a 911 hang up call at 123 Elm Street, on call back they advised it was accidental and they don't need the police."

"10-4 enroute" :suicide:

Also this:

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

All Cops Are Beannieson

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

"204 I have a 911 hang up call at 123 Elm Street, on call back they advised it was accidental and they don't need the police."

"10-4 enroute" :suicide:

so what happens if you just don't go? do you have to file a report everytime someone calls 911 because their cat got out?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Just go so you can lecture some loving 7 year old like you're at the end of a G.I. Joe cartoon.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
lesson 101, how to square away a serious sexual assault with a 50 word report.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

lesson 101, how to square away a serious sexual assault with a 50 word report.

"she was drunk in Shoreditch"

Did it in 5.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

"she was drunk in Shoreditch"

Did it in 5.

I live in Shoreditch. This is true.

It's pretty difficult to spend any amount of time in the Alibi or 333 and not watch some airhead art student getting fingered by some beta male hipster in jeans so tight he might as well be wearing a full body condom.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cole posted:

so what happens if you just don't go? do you have to file a report everytime someone calls 911 because their cat got out?

Verbal reprimand, written up, suspension, etc etc

Our 911 has to dispatch all calls and our patrol has to respond to all dispatches. Not every call requires a report thank god.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
In Maryland you do not have to stop for a school bus on a 4 lane highway divided by a median if you are traveling in the opposite direction of the school bus. Would this condition still apply if the school bus stopped at an intersection (with or without crosswalks)?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Sir Lucius posted:

In Maryland you do not have to stop for a school bus on a 4 lane highway divided by a median if you are traveling in the opposite direction of the school bus. Would this condition still apply if the school bus stopped at an intersection (with or without crosswalks)?

It depends if the section in question specifies an exception for intersections or not.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Looked it up, this is all it say:

quote:

The driver of any vehicle following or approaching the school vehicle may not proceed until the school vehicle resumes motion or the alternately flashing red lights are deactivated. This does not apply to the driver of a vehicle on a physically divided highway
http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/DL-002.pdf

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

You do not have to stop if the median is "positive", ie raised curb or grass, etc. If the highway is divided but the bus stops in an undivided intersection all traffic would have to stop because the highway is no longer divided at that point. ["Technically"].

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Untagged posted:

You do not have to stop if the median is "positive", ie raised curb or grass, etc. If the highway is divided but the bus stops in an undivided intersection all traffic would have to stop because the highway is no longer divided at that point. ["Technically"].

Theoretically. Another possible view is that because the highway in general is divided, and the intersection is part of it that therefore it is a "divided highway".

If it came to an actual court appearance, the lawyers for either side could argue those points. There may or may not be actual judicial precedent on this question in Maryland which would govern.

(I am neither advocating nor disagreeing with either position; only pointing out that both might be argued.)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Kiryen posted:

Theoretically. Another possible view is that because the highway in general is divided, and the intersection is part of it that therefore it is a "divided highway".

If it came to an actual court appearance, the lawyers for either side could argue those points. There may or may not be actual judicial precedent on this question in Maryland which would govern.

(I am neither advocating nor disagreeing with either position; only pointing out that both might be argued.)

autism

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I once went around the guy stopped in the opposite lanes of traffic on a 4 lane divided highway because he stopped for a school bus that was in the oncoming lanes. In my state you don't have to stop for buses if you're on the other side of a divided highway. He started honking at me and tailgated me giving me the middle finger. What an idiot.

I've also had a bus driver honk at me. Even they don't know the law.

I'd say 95% of the people don't fully know the laws regarding when you do and don't have to stop for buses. I almost always get stuck waiting in traffic because of all the idiots stopping for a school bus in the oncoming lanes.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Sorry. I'll try to stick to maple syrup jokes from now on.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
That's a p hosed up situation in general, imo, for a school bus to be dropping kids off on the side of the highway. I say if there's no crosswalk, then it's on the school bus to get the little motherfuckers across the street if need be, and you just roll the gently caress on.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
why do we even let kids go to school anymore? Send em to the factories.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

safetyStanddown posted:

That's a p hosed up situation in general, imo, for a school bus to be dropping kids off on the side of the highway. I say if there's no crosswalk, then it's on the school bus to get the little motherfuckers across the street if need be, and you just roll the gently caress on.

pretty much 95% of america

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

why do we even let kids go to school anymore? Send em to the factories.

Exactly, this is why we're losing to china

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Sir Lucius posted:

Just a plain intersection? I would stop. If there's no raised median (or separation in the roadway like Shep's anecdote) between me and the bus, everyone stops.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Stop having children. You don't ever get your money back even with the HORSESHIT tax break you get.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reign Of Pain posted:

Stop having children. You don't ever get your money back even with the HORSESHIT tax break you get.

Childcare deduction rules though.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

An illusion of return, only after you shovel a ton of more cash out of your wallet the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
e: nm

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 29, 2015

• Locked thread