Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Centripetal Horse posted:

There's a 99.5% chance it's bullshit. However, I have known three individuals in my lifetime who were spoiled enough to actually do something like that. The parents were exactly what you imagine when you picture someone who has a kid that would smash an expensive toy because it's the wrong color or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JvtlB_NzI8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

There's a 99.5% chance it's bullshit. However, I have known three individuals in my lifetime who were spoiled enough to actually do something like that. The parents were exactly what you imagine when you picture someone who has a kid that would smash an expensive toy because it's the wrong color or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7mwTK564o&t=85s

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If there's any justice in this world that'll be the seed for another of those "I bet you forgot your parents were on Facebook too" things.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I work for an eye doctors' office that has an attached optical shop. A guy got glasses and once they were all finished decided that he didn't like the frames or something and demanded that the optician replace them with a different pair, because his insurance would pay for a replacement pair if the first ones were lost or damaged. The optician refused, because they were not lost or damaged, so the guy snapped his brand new pair of glasses in half and said, "well, now they are." She kicked him out and did not make a replacement pair. This is quite possibly worse than a kid getting mad over a present, because he was an adult who had picked out the glasses himself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Back in the 90s my cousin got a Mongoose bike but not the one he wanted to he took an aluminum bat to it and got a new one shortly after.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Eat the rich.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's a funny picture: a man in Texas was given no jail time after killing four in a drunk driving accident, because the judge said he had "affluenza," having grown up so rich he had no understanding of ethics, consequences, or that other people had value. This same judge has sent numerous people to prison for nonviolent drug offenses. America is a good country.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I work for an eye doctors' office that has an attached optical shop. A guy got glasses and once they were all finished decided that he didn't like the frames or something and demanded that the optician replace them with a different pair, because his insurance would pay for a replacement pair if the first ones were lost or damaged. The optician refused, because they were not lost or damaged, so the guy snapped his brand new pair of glasses in half and said, "well, now they are." She kicked him out and did not make a replacement pair. This is quite possibly worse than a kid getting mad over a present, because he was an adult who had picked out the glasses himself.

Are you serious how is he the bad guy in this story? Customer is unhappy with product you give him, offers to pay for new one and the bitch flips her poo poo over it? :shrug:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Nooner posted:

Are you serious how is he the bad guy in this story? Customer is unhappy with product you give him, offers to pay for new one and the bitch flips her poo poo over it? :shrug:
He didn't offer to pay; he demanded a replacement as provided for by his insurance. Except insurance only kicked in for a replacement if the glasses were lost or broken, not because he didn't like them.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Customer is unhappy with product you give him, offers to commit insurance fraud to pay for it, possibly making you complicit, nothing to flip your poo poo over!

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

Customer is unhappy with product you give him, offers to commit insurance fraud to pay for it, possibly making you complicit, nothing to flip your poo poo over!

Who cares no one will ever know

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Really if the guy had given the clerk even a slight bit of plausible deniability he probably would've been fine. Step outside, "accidentally" step on the glasses, say oops, walk back in.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Didn't he pick the drat frame himself? I have never heard of optically challenged people who didn't pick their own frames.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BonHair posted:

Didn't he pick the drat frame himself? I have never heard of optically challenged people who didn't pick their own frames.

Yeah and sometimes the sample frames don't look exactly the same as the ones you get, but there's no reason to be an entitled dick and tell the office you're going to commit insurance fraud.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

From the thumbnail it looked like the woman on the right had a massive arm and was taking a selfie of everybody.

:thejoke:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

BonHair posted:

If you have really bad eyesight there's no way of knowing what you look like at a distance in the frames. If you don't wear contacts you're stuck trying to pick out frames using your terrible vision since you can't wear your glasses while trying on glasses. Before I got contacts I could only see clearly maybe 6 inches or less in front of my face which makes picking out glasses frames really hard and you have to rely on someone else's opinion which may or may not be terrible.

This doesn't excuse him being a manchild about it but there were a few times I'd pick out frames that I thought looked okay then looked awful when I could actually see what they looked like at a distance greater than a few inches away.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Omg you guys are easy to troll. Here have a funny picture of a situation THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

If you have really bad eyesight there's no way of knowing what you look like at a distance in the frames. If you don't wear contacts you're stuck trying to pick out frames using your terrible vision since you can't wear your glasses while trying on glasses. Before I got contacts I could only see clearly maybe 6 inches or less in front of my face which makes picking out glasses frames really hard and you have to rely on someone else's opinion which may or may not be terrible.

This doesn't excuse him being a manchild about it but there were a few times I'd pick out frames that I thought looked okay then looked awful when I could actually see what they looked like at a distance greater than a few inches away.

Actually, ths is the best exceue for taking selfies. I've even been to opticians that had dedicated selfie tablets for that very reason.

I know you still can't see perfectly with your old glasses, but still...

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I was flipping through a molding/casting catalog and found this.

Dilophosoatse?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I Might Be Adam posted:

Dilophosoatse?
Cmon you know whats next.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Silc-pig is a hilarious sounding abbreviation.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
No ring!

Yeah I'll be that guy gently caress it.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

KoRMaK posted:

Cmon you know whats next.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I Might Be Adam posted:

There is a non zero percent chance I want to order and make this so I can put it on my dick and reenact the scene from Jurassic Park.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Haruharuharuko posted:

There is a non zero percent chance I want to order and make this so I can put it on my dick and reenact the scene from Jurassic Park.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Yeah, that ain't :nws: at all.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Clever girl

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, that ain't :nws: at all.

Laughing my rear end off.

It is from LF though so you could get me in trouble for that one.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dill-Ophosaur

Edit: VVVV High-five on Nightbreed Director's cut.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Go home, Netflix. You're drunk.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Samfucius posted:

Go home, Netflix. You're drunk.

First one good for Jennifer Aniston boobs.

Third one ok for teh campy funzors.

That's it.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I hope you caught why I took the picture.

If you're just sharing your additional Warwick Davis opinions, good on you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Samfucius posted:

I hope you caught why I took the picture.

If you're just sharing your additional Warwick Davis opinions, good on you.

Oh god, the true story bit? This is why I don't make good life decisions on vodka.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Angela Christine posted:

There are so many trans in various states of transition that sometimes a penis-haver and vagina-haver accidentally hook up.

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the horror.... the horror....

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

I Might Be Adam posted:

Hah, I used to work at that company.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's a pretty great story mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zzulu posted: