Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

problematic hug

i use a bleed and normal falchion, but i'd prefer double poison manslayer. i'd also like to be able to trade between the two for different situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

dex has not as good a weapon scaling as strength but it pumps up the bleed and poison status effects. i think i 50 dex 50 adaptability poisoner with crest of the rat king, sanctum soldier guantlets, and the friggin simpleton's ring would be really hell of good and flavorful

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Does the repair spell scale with int?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

problematic hug

i don't know, tbh. not to my knowledge

Pro Target

when i played dark souls 2 last str was just categorically better than dex in every way so

Pro Target

I hear they buffed it but like, in order to actually inflict status youd need to hit them so many times that theyd almost be dead anyways, and in that case you might as well Power Stance Greatswords and kill peeps in 2 hits

Pro Target

Unless you do something dumb and gimmicky like dual spotted whip

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
the basic rapier is entirely worth dex for. it's obscenely safe, and can take down almost any basic mob in the game in like one to two passes.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
anything you're adding on top of that rapier is just giving you more options.

----------------

Stormyish

Pro Target posted:

Unless you do something dumb and gimmicky like dual spotted whip

or double shield

Pro Target

Of course you could Always go Hexer and kill people in one hit

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
spellcasting doesn't feel as good as stabbing

Stormyish posted:

or double shield

the double shield npc summon rules

----------------

problematic hug

idk i just don't really like strength builds. i know it's stronk and all that

and i've certainly been able to bleed/poison opponents already

Pro Target

fair enough

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

i have defeated artorias in honorable combat. that was definitely the hardest boss so far. also the most fun

Pro Target

the endboss of the dlc is my pick for Hardest DS1 boss

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

ill probably just pyro spam him. artorias was an honorable knight and i fought him as such with no dirty magic

Stormyish

yeah holy poo poo it's a lot different than fallout
I was thrown in, not given a map, not really told specifically what to do and where, didn't know who would shoot me or not, couldn't see, had little ammo, ect ect
Yeah, fallout is pretty much on tracks compared to STALKER, seeing as you have to go to X place, else the level of enemies is too high for you to progress, forcing you down what is essentially a linear path in a free roam game
I just wandered in STALKER till I had a general idea of the area

Stormyish

even now I still have no idea what I was doing, dropped down some huge hole to get a box for some dude, ran away like a baby, and I finally bumbled my way back

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

yep that's the stalker experience

Stormyish

Is there any sort of map, though?

deep dish peat moss

Stormyish posted:

Is there any sort of map, though?

press P

3D Megadoodoo

Stormyish posted:

Yeah, fallout is pretty much on tracks compared to STALKER, seeing as you have to go to X place, else the level of enemies is too high for you to progress, forcing you down what is essentially a linear path in a free roam game

This is actually completely untrue and you have just been playing it wrong since there are no 'enemies' just things that can/will turn hostile if they see you :shrug: Even less true for New Vegas.

Also doesn't Call of Pripyat have hell of artificial boundaries requiring modding to make it at all open?

3D Megadoodoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

you have just been playing it wrong

:goonsay:

problematic hug

yeah, pop 1-2 stealth boys and breeze past deathclaw pass or whatever and you're in the heart of the game.

Pro Target

Jerry Cotton posted:

This is actually completely untrue and you have just been playing it wrong since there are no 'enemies' just things that can/will turn hostile if they see you :shrug: Even less true for New Vegas.

Also doesn't Call of Pripyat have hell of artificial boundaries requiring modding to make it at all open?

it actually is true, like all bethesda games past daggerfall. you can wander around but its either Instant Death (due to lovely combat systems you dont really stand a chance against higher level enemies) or trivially easy, and theres very little reward for doing it

Pro Target

Stalker has real 'openness' where to survive correctly you need to engage with the entire world, not just dots in the minimap

3D Megadoodoo

Finn Pennywhistle posted:

yeah, pop 1-2 stealth boys and breeze past deathclaw pass or whatever and you're in the heart of the game.

Also doesn't hurt to run like hell. The answer to "I can't kill these monsters a bloo bloo bloo" is always "then don't try to, dummy. It's not a killthings game"

Pro Target

its a killthings game, also stealth is determined by invisible dice rolls, not player skill

Pro Target

Ahh yeah... running past a bunch of enemies who will kill you in 2 hits until they leash back to their designated Spawn Point... THIS is the true feeling of freedom

3D Megadoodoo

Yes.

Pro Target

New vegas offers an unprecedented amount of player choice: do i want to trap this enemy behind a rock and shoot them with my weak pistol for 45 minutes now, or come back and one shot them from my permanent stealth later

Scaly Haylie

Jerry Cotton posted:

This is actually completely untrue and you have just been playing it wrong since there are no 'enemies' just things that can/will turn hostile if they see you :shrug:

i love the 3D fallouts, but how is that not the DEFINITION of an enemy?

3D Megadoodoo

Lizard Wizard posted:

i love the 3D fallouts, but how is that not the DEFINITION of an enemy?

They're only enemies if you want them to be is what I meant. You can play through the game without pretty much killing anything (in combat at least). You can also play through the game pretty much killing everything (there's one or two exceptions I think). The enemy... is you!

Pro Target

what a copout

Pro Target

You can play throuigh mario without ever stomping an enemy, thats why its the Free-est game of all time

problematic hug

hahah

Stormyish

Pro Target posted:

You can play throuigh mario without ever stomping an enemy, thats why its the Free-est game of all time

heh

3D Megadoodoo

this game where you can go anywhere is not open because if you go to some places with big monsters in them you might die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

an d they happened to be placed in specific spots to make you walk around the map in a certain way that also happens to be where we chose to place all these quests