Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Nintendo Kid posted:

you forgot Despair

no, he said kodak

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Munkeymon posted:

he mentioned Kodak :confused:

drat beaten

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

great snipe, though

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Munkeymon posted:

he mentioned Kodak :confused:

kodak is Resignation

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Nintendo Kid posted:

kodak is Resignation

Samsung means to cum

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you don't see people waxing poetic about bakersfield and fresno

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

I can only speak for myself, but "I took on something that sounded really interesting, but it didn't work out" from a master's student/grad goes in the win column during interviewing, rather than working against you. I'd ask lots of questions about what you'd do differently or why it went poorly, but mostly because it would be an interesting line of conversation.

nah it worked out but jesus gently caress i don't ever want to go through that hell again

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

also all the googlers i know are able to 'clock in' when they sign on on the bus, and also stay clocked in when they go back home.

who has to punch a clock?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

eschaton posted:

not really clock in per se but you know what I mean.

be working, etc. not like actually using a time sheet system

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
nah

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

eschaton posted:

I'm guessing that instead of "punch a clock" you'd "log into the team HangoutTM"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

kodak is Resignation

when Kodak slowly died all the chemists who got fired went all Heisenberg and started making some ultra-pure drugs which was nice since i was a dumb college kid.

also the gay club was the nicest club in town and even all the straights had all their parties there.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

quick change was a great great movie that deserves a much wider audience

agreedo

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

also nobody cares about california outside the big coastal cities

you don't see people waxing poetic about bakersfield and fresno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Bank Guard: What the Hell kind of clown are you?

Grimm: The crying on the inside kind, I guess.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
http://blog.uber.com/phillypitch

quote:

Entrepreneurs, dreamers and visionaries—your big break is arriving now.

This Friday, April 17, we’re teaming up with investors from First Round Capital and other prominent local venture firms for UberPITCH, and anyone with 15 minutes and a good idea can request a ride. From noon to 4pm, distinguished VCs will listen to your ideas right here in Philly… and the rides don’t cost a thing.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

an arcology without pneumatic travel tubes (NOT SUBWAYS) is garbage
the strong support for pneumatic tubes in all their many uses is one of my favorite aspects of this forum

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

too bad that literally no startup in philly is actually any good

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Munkeymon posted:

I'm guessing that instead of "punch a clock" you'd "log into the team HangoutTM"

lol, nice.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

"Request from University City, Center City, Old City, N3RD Street, Northern Liberties, or Fishtown"

these motherfuckers are the worst. they decided because a couple bad companies and one of two major coworking spaces is on or near north 3rd street in philly's old city district that they should have a two year push to rename (read: subtitle it, similar to how there's fabric row, jeweler's row, etc.) it to N3RD st. they got what they wanted and it's a loving embarrassment and just shows their stupid fake sf hubris when none of the companies do anything of value

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

triple sulk posted:

"Request from University City, Center City, Old City, N3RD Street, Northern Liberties, or Fishtown"

these motherfuckers are the worst. they decided because a couple bad companies and one of two major coworking spaces is on or near north 3rd street in philly's old city district that they should have a two year push to rename (read: subtitle it, similar to how there's fabric row, jeweler's row, etc.) it to N3RD st. they got what they wanted and it's a loving embarrassment and just shows their stupid fake sf hubris when none of the companies do anything of value

3rd street is exclusively boutique clothing stores and aka music as far as i know or care to know

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lamont Cranston posted:

3rd street is exclusively boutique clothing stores and aka music as far as i know or care to know

technically speaking it still is, but indy hall is there and like 1-2 companies that do nothing in particular that's of any true value

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Nintendo Kid posted:

you forgot Despair

you forgot deaf people blasting dubstep at all hours

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

they're right, uber is pitch

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

The Leck posted:

the strong support for pneumatic tubes in all their many uses is one of my favorite aspects of this forum

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Munkeymon posted:

it's usually an irc channel

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Verdafolio posted:

you forgot deaf people blasting dubstep at all hours

the deaffies threw the best parties at RIT :shobon:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

not really clock in per se but you know what I mean.

be working, etc. not like actually using a time sheet system

lol if you didn't just make poo poo up on time sheets:

48.6 hours on client A
2.4 hours "training"

or when you're a manager and 'worked from home most of the week'

20 hours client A
12 hours client B
4 hours 'team building'
8 hours 'required CPE'

eitherway the reality was always:
32 hours on SomethingAwful forums
8 hours making a spreadsheet
30 minutes on timesheet

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
yospos counts as professional development

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Lamont Cranston posted:

yospos counts as professional development

if someone gets YOSPOS certified as CISSP cpes I'll be set 4 lyfe.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FMguru posted:

quick change was a great great movie that deserves a much wider audience

Holy poo poo I never heard of this movie but it has the worst poster I've ever seen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
soft pretzels?!?!? what will them city folk think of next?!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Enderzero posted:

Holy poo poo I never heard of this movie but it has the worst poster I've ever seen.

the only thing i remember about that movie is that it felt very short

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

eschaton posted:

The entire development department does at my company, including managers. It's annoying when there's not much going on during the week and you want to dart out early, but conversely when we're at the end of a release cycle and working late it's nice to know I'm getting OT for it.

Our installations group used to be hourly too which I guess was awesome because travel time counted.

Also the accounting department hates us because of it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

TerminalRaptor posted:

Also the accounting department hates us because of it.
lmao thats not why the accounting dept hates you

they hate everyone and everything including themselves

thats what they do

thats who they are

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

holy poo poo

quote:

It turns out that a private bus startup catering to Financial District workers might not care about everyone. As the Chronicle reports, a complaint filed last month with the Department of Justice alleges that Leap, which launched in earnest last month and is not wheelchair accessible, violates the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Worse, it sounds like Leap actually replaced wheelchair accessibility on previously wheelchair-equipped buses in favor of bar seating and leather armchairs.
Leap purchased its four 2001 and 2002 North American Bus Industries vehicles through an auction house from the Riverside Transit Agency, and a representative from that agency said any buses it used would have included wheelchair-accessibility. Further, the buses' manufacturer confirmed that the purchased and resold models originally came equipped with a wheelchair ramp and interior wheelchair space.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

80s movie posters and album covers got really bad and ugly sometime around when lovely 16-bit computer image software started coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol :owned:

• Locked thread