Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

mearn posted:

The WWE 2k mobile game got released today, anyone spent eight bucks to find out how good that is yet?

"That sounds like the worst possible way to spend money." - Some idiot who has spent money in Supercard, Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does anyone here get anything good out of Supercard events?

I feel like I play them a ton but never get ranked anywhere higher than 15K, which is miles away from getting a good reward.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

I feel like I play them a ton but never get ranked anywhere higher than 15K, which is miles away from getting a good reward.

PCC events are for crazy people, but I love RTG and I usually get the survivor card at least. Snagged Rollins on the last one.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

triplexpac posted:

PCC events are good for fusion fuel, especially since you barely need to play to get UR and SR cards out of it.

I like RTG much more, and will drop money if I like the highest tier cars. With my deck a pack of title matches will blaze me through the Survivor tier on day one lately.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I got to Survivor tier last RTG but got shut down before I could get the actual card... they shouldn't put you up against Wrestlemania cards in that tier :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

I got into whatever ranking it requires to get a survivor card for the Crow Sting PCC back whenever that was (December?) and it basically took up my entire weekend because I didn't want to spend money on title matches.

So the answer for you is that no, you don't get anything good out of it.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I went from being able to do +5 matches in Survivor at the beginning to losing some +1 matches before the end. Basically all events are garbage unless you want to spend consistently to get at least all the RTG rewards or you'll get outclassed fast if that is something that matters to you.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
RTG used to be good for me, back when my Exhibition deck was at Epic tier. If the Epic RTG reward was something I could make a pro with, it was a significant upgrade and definitely worth the trouble.

I'm never gonna play the game enough in a weekend to get anything past Legendary (not trying to sound important; it's just that I've got too many Real Video Games to play :haw:), so now I just see it as a fun side mode that plays differently, rather than a way to get good cards.

I've found Fusion to be a fine alternative to these frantic weekend modes, as far as actually improving my deck is concerned. And with the long wait times (and no cards worth training in the meantime) it actually encourages me to play the game less!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

mearn posted:

The WWE 2k mobile game got released today, anyone spent eight bucks to find out how good that is yet?

I came here to find this out as well.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Road to Glory is still fun (especially since my deck does +3 all the way through) but PCC is a garbage mode for idiots

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Yeah, PCC blows. I like RTG, though--it gives me plenty of cards to use for training or fusion. And as I do nothing with my life anyway, I've got plenty of time to get the Survivor card. (Finally starting to get a few Survivor pairs, too, so maybe I can get the WM card someday.)

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

When the PCC falls on a weekend I don't have much going on, I've gotten a single of the unique reward on a few occasions: Legendary Ambrose, Fastlane Survivor Bryan, and the most recent Wrestlemania Lesnar. I'll just put on a movie or TV show and grind away. RTG is definitely more doable, of course.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

In PCC I write off the promo cards entirely, but it can be a reasonable way to get into the grab a single survivor (or now, WM) you need for a pair by finishing at the top ~2000 level , if you mindlessly tap at it while doing other things. It helps if you manage to find the sweet spot of deck strength where you're winning +5 matches consistently without having to tank your exhibition level too much to do so.

The Sting and Bret RTG's were (unintentionally) made easier than 2k would have wanted so I managed to get the pair in both of those, even without those though, RTG is more consistently rewarding. I'll grab the tier below promo card every time without spending anything.

Despite my own advice I'm at least going to try and see if it's possible for someone who isn't throwing obscene money at the game to get a mizdow pair, because my best cards are all rights and downs right now and I need a goddamn tag team for exhibition/KotR. It'll probably end up with me never even breaking the top 1k and settling for the Swagger

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 17, 2015

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

mearn posted:

There was a hands on posted at Game Informer. Sounds pretty light in terms of content with a repetitive career mode.

quote:

In the end, WWE 2K is a bare-bones, yet mechanically functional mobile title. If you want to be able to fire up your phone while waiting in line at the bank and beat up John Cena as Rusev you can do that without problems. If you're expecting depth anywhere close to WWE 2K15, then just keep walking. Though the fact that there isn't a year attached to this game makes me think that we'll see more improvements and add-ons over time. If that happens, WWE 2K might become more universally recommendable. As of now, most should take a wait and see approach.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wwe_2k/b/ios/archive/2015/04/16/is-wwe-2k-mobile-worth-a-try.aspx

Lazer fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 17, 2015

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I just downloaded Supercard and now I cant use cards that I'm not using to train other cards? Got a bunch of Uncommons that I want to use to boost my Rare/Super Rare.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

mearn posted:

It, uh, sure is something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GJz6em6sc

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MisterGBH posted:

I just downloaded Supercard and now I cant use cards that I'm not using to train other cards? Got a bunch of Uncommons that I want to use to boost my Rare/Super Rare.

Are they in your king of the ring or road to glory deck?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does anyone ever switch out their support cards in KOTR? I just keep my two best ones in play the whole time. I've been making a point of maintaining 4 "good" supports, but I'm thinking 2 of those could be better used as fusion fodder.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Minidust posted:

Does anyone ever switch out their support cards in KOTR? I just keep my two best ones in play the whole time. I've been making a point of maintaining 4 "good" supports, but I'm thinking 2 of those could be better used as fusion fodder.

I've never done it. I could see maybe it having a super niche use in like top8 matches, but the lack of choice on when it gets used makes it highly unlikely to matter. I just use the slots to hold random fusion fodder supports until they''re needed.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

IcePhoenix posted:

Are they in your king of the ring or road to glory deck?

No just got my rare and super rares in those modes and exhibition. When I previously played I could use them to train anybody.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Minidust posted:

I do once in a while in the finals, when it's clear what stats I am neck and neck with an opponent on. Like if I'm running Ric Flair and he has the Rock, hell yes it's time for the charisma boost, that could put Ric over the top in a charisma+toughness match.

I can't think of a single time this has actually helped, but....

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Lazer posted:

There was a hands on posted at Game Informer. Sounds pretty light in terms of content with a repetitive career mode.

Bonus: This sentence doubles as a review for the console version as well.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

MisterGBH posted:

No just got my rare and super rares in those modes and exhibition. When I previously played I could use them to train anybody.

Now when you go to the train screen, you have to pick each rarity you want to see (one at a time) by tapping "filter by" on the upper right. You can only see one rarity at a time as far as I can see. You have to switch between them.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
New challenge up in Immortals and it's a badass looking Skull King HHH that's staying on my team forever and ever :unsmigghh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Devo posted:

New challenge up in Immortals and it's a badass looking Skull King HHH that's staying on my team forever and ever :unsmigghh:

Thank god I'm not the only one who plays this. I haven't started yet, but I'm gonna try to beat the second tier of challenges this time. I was really close with Macho King, but work got in the way.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
How does one mitigate the damage from finishers in Immortals? The computer seems to block a certain % of the damage when I use them on it, but I've only been hit by one finisher and just panicked and tapped and did nothing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
After my bitching about Supercard I did some grinding and got up to 9000 from 14,000. So... I guess I got that going for me

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Liar Lyre posted:

Thank god I'm not the only one who plays this. I haven't started yet, but I'm gonna try to beat the second tier of challenges this time. I was really close with Macho King, but work got in the way.

I can usually get through the first two tiers on these challenges without much issue but the third can kick my rear end. I might try to grind a little harder this time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Once I stopped myself from spending all my credits on gold boosters and built a VII common Bryan and a II uncommon HHH, the second level of the Immortals challenge isn't that bad. Has anyone worked out what the most efficient way to grind credits/challenge tokens is in normal games? I can basically roll through almost any of the regular levels now (though the last few do take paying attention)

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Once I stopped myself from spending all my credits on gold boosters and built a VII common Bryan and a II uncommon HHH, the second level of the Immortals challenge isn't that bad. Has anyone worked out what the most efficient way to grind credits/challenge tokens is in normal games? I can basically roll through almost any of the regular levels now (though the last few do take paying attention)

The early Kane boss battle levels.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Been playing WWE 2K for iphone and it's somewhat fun though very limited. Nakamura is my curent US Champion squashing jobbers on Superstars. It's a good game for wasting 10 minutes here and there, but probably only worth $5

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Laura K from Destructoid plays through 10 minutes of John Cena's Sexy High School Adventure and I can't cope with any of it. The concept, the writing, the music. Oh, the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPqZ5e3jZ6M

ed: game itself: http://lazlo319.itch.io/john-cena-vn

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

pressedbunny posted:

Laura K from Destructoid plays through 10 minutes of John Cena's Sexy High School Adventure and I can't cope with any of it. The concept, the writing, the music. Oh, the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPqZ5e3jZ6M

ed: game itself: http://lazlo319.itch.io/john-cena-vn

https://youtu.be/LtKNDkf4Xac

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Aaaand there's my new ringtone.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
In TEW, do you think it's mandatory to run more than one weekly show when you get to higher levels? Running more than one show a week burns me out.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

In TEW, do you think it's mandatory to run more than one weekly show when you get to higher levels? Running more than one show a week burns me out.

I always end up doing so just because I can't resist signing a million dudes and I have to get them all on TV somehow

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Has anyone played this update yet?
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95510-tew13-real-world-update-april-2015/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I always end up doing so just because I can't resist signing a million dudes and I have to get them all on TV somehow

Nah. If you're managing your company fine what what you have (making money each month, maintaining/growing popularity/prestige, keeping your locker room happy) do whatever you're comfortable with. You might get in trouble if you end up in a war or something and don't have the exposure to compete but that seems unlikely at that level. One 2 hour show should probably be fine.

I used to always get 2 2-hour shows but like you said, that burns you out. Now what I do is get 1 2-hour show A show and then just (a) get 1-hour B-shows dedicated to specific ideas or divisions that I want to try to book more or (b) run a weekly un-televised live event that lets me use my large roster without really having to care that much about booking or storyline. Its basically just a house show I throw together, test some stuff out in, or set up some low level stories. Otherwise I could auto book the rest of the card.

The AI doesn't much like me running live events that aren't PPVs but as long as I'm turning enough of a profit to cover it I find its a much easier and less stressful alternative to a second 2 hour show if your concern is finding room for a large roster or some extra matches (like its the only way I successfully book a full Bound For Glory Series in a TNA game, by putting a bunch of matches on those "house shows").

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was looking for a modern day mod the other day. I heard somebody was working on a new one but I had forgotten to check EWRBattleground.

Ok, so I've poked around in the database a little bit. There's a ton of data (almost 5,000 workers/135 companies) but the data itself is somewhat barebones. Every worker profile is just a sentence with their name and birthdate. Practically every stat is a multiple of 10, with the occasional +/-1 which makes it feel pretty soulless. This is understandable given that it's one guy and he's just started work on a gigantic database.

The real problem, and this seems to be an issue of contention with a lot of mods, is the statistical stinginess. Out of the near 5000 workers in the database, only TWO qualify as 'Excellent In Ring Workers' right off the bat (Zayn and Daniel Bryan if you're curious). Only 16 have 'Excellent' psychology, the youngest of these is HHH at 45 years of age. Only 14 workers under the age of 40 have even 'great psychology'. Given that apparently psychology is one of the most important stats in the game, and that apparently 78 is the watershed number for psych. (80 is considered 'great' by the search engine) this could be problematic.

The game starts the WWE off at national with 80 pop. Given that I'm in a constant knife fight with the game to keep my 96 WWF at 78 pop with a substantially better roster, I'm not sure how that's sustainable. But then again I'm not very good at the game. (I seriously have no idea how the WCW vs. WWF guys are racing to international, but that's another story).

So overall, I'd probably wait to see if Mr. Who can flesh out the database a little more before I'd consider using it (not that I'm judging him for it; it's a massive undertaking).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Worker profiles should all be name and birthdate imo since they're a fuckin full-time job to do otherwise